Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   EA Sports NHL (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=554)
-   -   NHL 16 Precision Skating, Seamless Puck Pickups and Overhead Gameplay Tomorrow (/forums/showthread.php?t=847427)

Steve_OS 07-13-2015 04:52 PM

NHL 16 Precision Skating, Seamless Puck Pickups and Overhead Gameplay Tomorrow

The NHL 16 team plans to release details on precision skating and seamless puck pickups tomorrow, along with overhead gameplay. Just wanted to give everyone a heads up.

Don Jon 07-13-2015 05:07 PM

Re: NHL 16 Gameplay Developer Diary Arrives Tomorrow

I want gameplay, unedited, not put together glimpses of gameplay. I hope we can find out if we can finally poke check while making line changes, this was a major annoyance for me.

nddurst 07-13-2015 05:09 PM

I don't want to hear about anything. :y1:

I want to SEE some overhead gameplay that shows off better defensive AI and neutral zone pressure.

bigwill33 07-13-2015 05:11 PM

It says "Precision Skating, Seamless Puck Pickups and Overhead Gameplay tomorrow!"

nddurst 07-13-2015 05:20 PM

I'm hoping it's more than just 10-second clips to show certain elements of the skating and puck pickups. But I'm not holding my breath.

It would be nice if, at the end of the dev diary piece, they just said "...and here's a full 10-minute period against the CPU on all star/hardcore settings..."

believeinnow 07-13-2015 05:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nddurst (Post 2047491227)
I'm hoping it's more than just 10-second clips to show certain elements of the skating and puck pickups. But I'm not holding my breath.

It would be nice if, at the end of the dev diary piece, they just said "...and here's a full 10-minute period against the CPU on all star/hardcore settings..."

Regarding your last part. That won't happen. YouTube Analytics have proven that people don't watch 10 minutes not stop of gameplay, especially if nothing happens. People watch snippets. Even with Twitch streaming, unless there is action happening all the time, our short attention spans results in fewer people actually watching the entire video/stream.

We should be happy that in July we're getting even just a little bit of gameplay. For the sports genre, that is a rarity. Beggars can't be choosers.

Simple Mathematics 07-13-2015 06:17 PM

Re: NHL 16 Precision Skating, Seamless Puck Pickups and Overhead Gameplay Tomorrow

I am most intrigued by the "overhead gameplay". I hope this portion is long enough to get a general feel for the game so we can see some improvements we have been clamoring for.

AdamJones113 07-13-2015 07:18 PM

Re: NHL 16 Precision Skating, Seamless Puck Pickups and Overhead Gameplay Tomorrow

For those interested...

This is the first non-trailer we saw last year, on July 9. NHL 15 Gameplay Series: Next-Gen Hockey Player

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/C7XjKArgQC0?list=PLJiVGeJ_KPz5w5_ZoGn06SkWduXF_lK4 A" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Then we got another dev diary vid on July 16 (True Hockey Physics) and a third on July 23 (Superstar Skill Stick).

Finally, we got our first look at "Overhead Gameplay" on August 15 with this trailer:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/9Kklp7UzMiE?list=PLJiVGeJ_KPz5w5_ZoGn06SkWduXF_lK4 A" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

It's interesting that EA decided to come out with that Gameplay trailer now. I expected a pattern similar to last year; now I expect that we'll have either more dev diaries spaced out, or a large gap after tomorrow before the release of several more.