Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Football (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=493)
-   -   Madden NFL 16 Player Ratings - Top 5 Wide Receivers (/forums/showthread.php?t=848142)

DCEBB2001 07-23-2015 02:48 PM

Re: Madden NFL 16 Player Ratings - Top 5 Wide Receivers

Quote:

Originally Posted by Number999 (Post 2047514768)
Where did you get that 40 time if you don't mind me asking? Perhaps I'm looking at the wrong thing but on NFL Network's combine and all that it says he ran a 4.42. It's still faster but man... just watching a game with the Steelers it always feels like Antonio Brown is blazing past guys.

I get all of my 40 times from the official PDFs that National Scouting (the guys who run the combine) releases to the teams about a week after the combine is over.

I go with the fastest time (electronic or hand timed) for my ratings because often times the P3DX breaks and doesn't get the Electronic time correct for these kids. It also allows me to directly compare the times to the HH times run on pro days.

dbkaeoz33 07-23-2015 02:49 PM

Holy sweet baby Jesus himself!! These receiver ratings are mind boggling!!

I understand OBJ is the cover boy but wow... The passing game in Madden 16 is going to be insane.

And how the F is Demaryius Thomas not a top 5 WR in madden? Three straight seasons of 80+ catches 1400+ yards and 10+ TDs.. I understand madden is a "what did you do last season" type of rating system, so.. 111 catches 1619 yards and 11 TDs are worthless I guess.

Wow... I'm extremely baffled to the super saiyan max!!

End of rant.

DCEBB2001 07-23-2015 02:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Number999 (Post 2047514768)
Where did you get that 40 time if you don't mind me asking? Perhaps I'm looking at the wrong thing but on NFL Network's combine and all that it says he ran a 4.42. It's still faster but man... just watching a game with the Steelers it always feels like Antonio Brown is blazing past guys.

You do realize that NFL Network's "official times" that they post are taken by one of their scouts (or even Charley Casserly) in the stands right? The official times aren't even released by National until a week after the combine.

The JareBear 07-23-2015 02:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dbkaeoz33 (Post 2047514802)
Holy sweet baby Jesus has himself!! These receiver ratings are mind boggling!!

I understand OBJ is the cover boy but wow... The passing game in Madden 16 is going to be insane.

And how the F is Demaryius Thomas not a top 5 WR in madden? Three straight seasons of 80+ catches 1400+ yards and 10+ TDs.. I understand madden is a "what did you do last season" type of rating system, so.. 111 catches 1619 yards and 11 TDs are worthless I guess.

Wow... I'm extremely baffled to the super saiyan max!!

End of rant.

People were mad about Romo, and I agree with a lot of them, but this is worse. DT is a legit monster. Biggest robbery so far IMO

dbkaeoz33 07-23-2015 02:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The JareBear (Post 2047514806)
People were mad about Romo, and I agree with a lot of them, but this is worse. DT is a legit monster. Biggest robbery so far IMO

Dude.. If Von Miller and Chris Harris aren't in the top of their respective position then I'll jump off the building at Tiburon.

iloveparkmin 07-23-2015 03:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dbkaeoz33 (Post 2047514823)
Dude.. If Von Miller and Chris Harris aren't in the top of their respective position then I'll jump off the building at Tiburon.

i don't know if Romo overall rating is 93 : accurate but he lead with qb rating, yard average, complete percent and top 5 rank in passing TD and top 5 rank in low interception. i am surprised Beckham is 94 overall rating since he was like 78 in Madden 15

Number999 07-23-2015 03:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DCEBB2001 (Post 2047514804)
You do realize that NFL Network's "official times" that they post are taken by one of their scouts (or even Charley Casserly) in the stands right? The official times aren't even released by National until a week after the combine.

I did not. I hope you didn't take it as me saying you don't do your research or whatever... I've seen enough of your posts to know that you're really well educated and versed in all this stuff. Quite simply, regardless of 40 times... would you not agree there should be a "penalty" put on rookies to not make it so they play better than guys who've been proving and dominating the NFL for years? Just my 2 cents though.

neume1mb 07-23-2015 03:10 PM

With them toning down speed overall this year (at least it looks that way), they better make the rookies classes have toned down speed too. No more 6'5 receivers with 97 speed please!!