Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   WWE 2K and Other Wrestling Games (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=534)
-   -   WWE 2K16 Screenshots, Kalisto's Ring Entrance & More Confirmed Wrestlers (/forums/showthread.php?t=849535)

Steve_OS 08-10-2015 10:20 AM

WWE 2K16 Screenshots, Kalisto's Ring Entrance & More Confirmed Wrestlers

<iframe src="http://widgets.ign.com/video/embed/content.html?url=http://www.ign.com/videos/2015/08/10/wwe-2k16-kalisto-ring-entrance-video" width="620" height="348" scrolling="no" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

IGN has posted some new WWE 2K16 screenshots, Kalisto's ring entrance and more confirmed wrestlers for the roster, which features over 120 unique models.

Below is a list of wrestlers confirmed on the roster, more will be announced by IGN every Monday until release on October 27.
  • Booker T
  • Colonel Mustafa
  • Emma
  • Eva Marie
  • General Adnan
  • Kalisto
  • Kane
  • Lord Steven Regal
  • Sin Cara
  • Summer Rae
  • Tamina
  • Triple H
Previously revealed:
  • "Stone Cold" Steve Austin
  • Seth Rollins
  • Daniel Bryan
  • Dean Ambrose
  • Bad News Barrett
  • Paige
  • Finn Bálor
Just in case you missed it, the complete WWE 2K16 features list was revealed late last week, check it out here. For more news and media on the game, check out the WWE 216 page.

Agatorfan 08-10-2015 10:50 AM

Re: WWE 2K16 Screenshots, Kalisto's Ring Entrance & More Confirmed Wrestlers

This game... I like it

cjallure24 08-10-2015 11:08 AM

Corporate Kane from the screen shot. More than likely the attitude era Kane will also be in the game.

Honestly, I really hope Owen Hart is in the game. Once it's confirmed he is in, I can breathe a sigh of relief.

Pezell04x 08-10-2015 11:35 AM

God, I hope the modes are deep this year. Game is shaping up to be gorgeous just like 15.

juicey79 08-10-2015 11:52 AM

Looks good, man the characters have chest size of Brock lesnar

King_B_Mack 08-10-2015 12:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cjallure24 (Post 2047558959)
Corporate Kane from the screen shot. More than likely the attitude era Kane will also be in the game.

Honestly, I really hope Owen Hart is in the game. Once it's confirmed he is in, I can breathe a sigh of relief.

Man, I feel like we're going to get the whole Hart Foundation this year finally. With the Owen DVD coming out, the Stone Cold showcase apparently touching on the time that he and Shawn Michaels were Tag Team Champions, that's right in the middle of the Hart Foundation days.

ironjumpman_23 08-10-2015 12:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by King_B_Mack (Post 2047559135)
Man, I feel like we're going to get the whole Hart Foundation this year finally. With the Owen DVD coming out, the Stone Cold showcase apparently touching on the time that he and Shawn Michaels were Tag Team Champions, that's right in the middle of the Hart Foundation days.

Agreed, the Hart Foundation player a very important part in Austins rise to the top. So without Owen it would seem way off, so fingers crossed that he will be in this game. Now I wonder about Dx though...it's gonna be a little weird without Chyna being apart of it.

MoneyOvaHuds 08-10-2015 12:42 PM

Anyone notice that Barrett is moving in the Kalisto entrance ?

MoneyOvaHuds 08-10-2015 12:43 PM

5 Attachment(s)
Attachment 104170

Attachment 104171

Attachment 104172

Attachment 104173

Attachment 104174

MoneyOvaHuds 08-10-2015 12:43 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Attachment 104175

Attachment 104176

Attachment 104177

Reed1417 08-10-2015 12:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MoneyOvaHuds (Post 2047559208)
Anyone notice that Barrett is moving in the Kalisto entrance ?

I did notice that. The movement looked a bit off but maybe that's because of this new interrupt entrance thing they have going on. I saw a "break out" button in the top left corner during Kalisto's entrance so yeah. This is going to add so much for writing up Universe mode man.

Reed is comin' atcha!!

MoneyOvaHuds 08-10-2015 12:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reed1417 (Post 2047559251)
I did notice that. The movement looked a bit off but maybe that's because of this new interrupt entrance thing they have going on. I saw a "break out" button in the top left corner during Kalisto's entrance so yeah. This is going to add so much for writing up Universe mode man.

Reed is comin' atcha!!

I think the wrestler was user controlled

Reed1417 08-10-2015 12:59 PM

Yeah I meant to put that in my original message haha I feel like wha I just wrote was a Bray promo where I loss the point xD

Reed is comin' atcha!!

Cowboy008 08-10-2015 01:12 PM

Looks good

bxphenom7 08-10-2015 01:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pezell04x (Post 2047559047)
God, I hope the modes are deep this year. Game is shaping up to be gorgeous just like 15.

How deep the modes are, especially career mode, will determine whether I pick this up or not.

wiscowilz 08-10-2015 02:32 PM

Those screen shots are awesome. The detail is amazing. Looking great.

woody2goody 08-10-2015 06:44 PM

This reveal gives me a lot of confidence that they are keeping everyone from last year and just adding another 50 or so wrestlers to it, which will be brilliant.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Trent Booty 08-10-2015 08:11 PM

Awesome news! Excited for Lucha Dragons! Interesting to see Mustafa and Adnan in again this year. Macho Man showcase?

nate1986 08-10-2015 10:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by woody2goody (Post 2047560207)
This reveal gives me a lot of confidence that they are keeping everyone from last year and just adding another 50 or so wrestlers to it, which will be brilliant.

How many superstars were there last year counting DLC

wiscowilz 08-10-2015 11:04 PM

Quote:

There will be several gone (Mysterio, AJ Lee, CM Punk, Hogan, Alberto Del Rio) from last year plus some that were the same gimmick wont have repetitive slots (like 4 Sheamus's or 3 Mark Henry's or whatever)

I personally think that Adnan and Mustafa are wasted spots. I want USA Slaughter not turncoat one and this makes me feel that they will have that one again. Also would rather have Iron Sheik instead of Mustafa.

SmashMan 08-10-2015 11:40 PM

I would never, ever, ever use him but yeah...if you're putting him in the game, do it as Sheik, not Mustafa. That works for the 2K15 Showcase it was in. It's just a dumb addition without that context.

So what are the odds we get Macho King (and not Macho Man) again?

Cowboy008 08-11-2015 12:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SmashMan (Post 2047560920)
I would never, ever, ever use him but yeah...if you're putting him in the game, do it as Sheik, not Mustafa. That works for the 2K15 Showcase it was in. It's just a dumb addition without that context.

So what are the odds we get Macho King (and not Macho Man) again?

I hope they aren't just putting all the DLC from last year on this years game and just adding a few new wrestlers.

SmashMan 08-11-2015 01:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nate1986 (Post 2047560759)
How many superstars were there last year counting DLC

Did a really quick count and got 88, not counting any duplicates. Someone correct me if I'm wrong and missed anyone.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cowboy008 (Post 2047560983)
I hope they aren't just putting all the DLC from last year on this years game and just adding a few new wrestlers.

In a way I like it if they're setting the precedent that guys will carry over from game to game, and it gives me slight hope that arenas added in DLC will also stay in the game.

I just hope that if they're doing that, they appropriately transition characters to their most well-known and likely most-used looks (unless they're needed in specific gimmicks for Showcase modes). Like Macho Man over Macho King, Iron Sheik instead of Col. Mustafa, Honky Tonk Man with tights.

Mercury112491 08-11-2015 07:51 AM

I dunno,if Mustafa, Adnon and Turncoat Slaughter are in the game it's gonna be awful weird to not have Hogan too

Pezell04x 08-11-2015 09:13 AM

Quote:

Here is who will definitely be out:

Del Rio, AJ Lee, CM Punk, Hogan, Rey Mysterio, Santino, Corey Graves

Fandango might not be in because I don't think he's been involved in anything meaningful for awhile, but I could be wrong.

Alex Hopkinson 08-11-2015 12:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pezell04x (Post 2047561538)
Here is who will definitely be out:

Del Rio, AJ Lee, CM Punk, Hogan, Rey Mysterio, Santino, Corey Graves

Fandango might not be in because I don't think he's been involved in anything meaningful for awhile, but I could be wrong.

Actually, there's no reason they can't include Graves. He's a full-time employee, just forced to retire from in-ring. They may include him as they have him ready to go from 2K15. The same may be true for Santino, although I don't know what contract, if any, he has with WWE right at this moment.

I'd expect Fandango to return as he's an active WWE wrestler who still appears on TV and they have him from last year. I'd guess they want to have as complete a main roster as they can, plus all the top level NXT talent from the early months of 2015. I'm sure there will be some inexplicable omission somewhere though. :)

CM Hooe 08-11-2015 02:26 PM

Zack Ryder in the game or I riot.

#WWWYKI

spidertour02 08-11-2015 03:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mercury112491 (Post 2047561416)
I dunno,if Mustafa, Adnon and Turncoat Slaughter are in the game it's gonna be awful weird to not have Hogan too

To be fair, those characters were already in before Hogan was dummied out, and it would be unfair to cut them out (since the wrestlers would miss out on being paid for the use of their likeness).

wiscowilz 08-11-2015 04:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alex Hopkinson (Post 2047562104)
Actually, there's no reason they can't include Graves. He's a full-time employee, just forced to retire from in-ring. They may include him as they have him ready to go from 2K15. The same may be true for Santino, although I don't know what contract, if any, he has with WWE right at this moment.

I'd expect Fandango to return as he's an active WWE wrestler who still appears on TV and they have him from last year. I'd guess they want to have as complete a main roster as they can, plus all the top level NXT talent from the early months of 2015. I'm sure there will be some inexplicable omission somewhere though. :)

I agree I hope they keep Graves in there as an active wrestler.

wiscowilz 08-11-2015 04:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mercury112491 (Post 2047561416)

Maybe they can go with Slaughter after he got America back (but then they need Duggan in there as well).

Trent Booty 08-14-2015 05:10 PM

It would be so awesome if they had like different attires for guys (like Iron Shiek/Mustafa, Macho King/Macho Man) so it would just be different attires, entrances and potentially even move sets. That would be literally perfect.

Trent Booty 08-14-2015 05:11 PM

Like certain guys would have up to like 5-6 different attires.

wiscowilz 08-14-2015 11:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trent Booty (Post 2047571719)
It would be so awesome if they had like different attires for guys (like Iron Shiek/Mustafa, Macho King/Macho Man) so it would just be different attires, entrances and potentially even move sets. That would be literally perfect.

Too bad both of those things you are mentioning would actually take up multiple roster spots as they are different gimmicks.

I wouldn't mind several options for a guys like Savage and his Macho Man gimmick have different outfits to choose from.

I just realized we might end up with 3 different Barretts...ugh (Wade Barrett, Bad News Barrett, King Barrett..although that one might be too new)

At least most of the current roster has had the same gimmick and wont take multiple spots.

Trent Booty 08-14-2015 11:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wiscowilz (Post 2047572614)
Too bad both of those things you are mentioning would actually take up multiple roster spots as they are different gimmicks.

I wouldn't mind several options for a guys like Savage and his Macho Man gimmick have different outfits to choose from.

I just realized we might end up with 3 different Barretts...ugh (Wade Barrett, Bad News Barrett, King Barrett..although that one might be too new)

At least most of the current roster has had the same gimmick and wont take multiple spots.

No I meant what if they had both gimmicks in one single character model.

wiscowilz 08-14-2015 11:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trent Booty (Post 2047572681)
No I meant what if they had both gimmicks in one single character model.

yeah true, that's what I want as well. But then you would also need to make it possible for multiple entrances for each spot.

Trent Booty 08-15-2015 02:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wiscowilz (Post 2047572697)
yeah true, that's what I want as well. But then you would also need to make it possible for multiple entrances for each spot.

Exactly. I don't think it would be that hard to do