Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   EA Sports NHL Legacy (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=55)
-   -   NHL Legacy Edition Gameplay Videos - Bruins vs. Canadiens, Flames vs. Penguins (/forums/showthread.php?t=854767)

fpgoodgame 09-12-2015 10:38 AM

NHL Legacy Edition Gameplay Videos - Bruins vs. Canadiens, Flames vs. Penguins

Qpgame TV has posted some NHL Legacy Edition gameplay videos, check them out below and post your thoughts.

The NHL Legacy Edition is scheduled to arrive on September 15 for Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 for $59.99.

<iframe width="620" height="349" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/nA52mvi8nVQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

NHL Legacy Edition Gameplay - Boston Bruins vs. Montreal Canadiens

<iframe width="620" height="349" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/cYhlKNTMDHA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

NHL Legacy Edition Gameplay - Calgary Flames vs. Pittsburgh Penguins

<iframe width="620" height="349" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/l0PxVyXPkEs" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

NHL Legacy Edition Tutorial

BearishRiggs 09-12-2015 10:48 AM

Re: NHL Legacy Edition Video Gameplay PS3/Xbox360

The sad thing is I still kind of prefer the way the game looks here than on current gen. Not graphics wise, but how it plays. Right speed, so much less frenetic passing and AI indecisiveness.

bad_philanthropy 09-12-2015 11:10 AM

Current gen looks great in all the sueprficial departments and puck physics, but the gameplay here is just better. Sort of disappointing. Oh well, I'll support NHL 16 this year and hope it can get back to this and eventually be better.

BearishRiggs 09-12-2015 11:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bad_philanthropy (Post 2047656768)
Current gen looks great in all the sueprficial departments and puck physics, but the gameplay here is just better. Sort of disappointing. Oh well, I'll support NHL 16 this year and hope it can get back to this and eventually be better.

If I could have this game, fully editable and with the GM/BAP additions, it would be the definitive version for me.

Cardot 09-12-2015 11:20 PM

What does Emerick say at 3:34 of the Calgary/Pitt video? It sounds like "It is tied at Cobb". Wha?

I like Doc, but the announcing here is embarrassing....it would barely pass in 1998.

jyoung 09-13-2015 02:02 PM

Re: NHL Legacy Edition Gameplay Videos - Bruins vs. Canadiens, Flames vs. Penguins

That first goal in the Bruins/Habs game at timestamp 3:00 was just brutal to watch.

A pinpoint soccer kick into a twirling backhand one timer that beats Rask while he's just sitting there cluelessly in the post hug animation.

:cloudy:

AdamJones113 09-13-2015 02:05 PM

Re: NHL Legacy Edition Gameplay Videos - Bruins vs. Canadiens, Flames vs. Penguins

Quote:

Originally Posted by jyoung (Post 2047660432)
That first goal in the Bruins/Habs game at timestamp 3:00 was just brutal to watch.

A pinpoint soccer kick into a twirling backhand one timer that beats Rask while he's just sitting there cluelessly in the post hug animation.

:cloudy:

What, you got a problem with that??

Haha, brutal indeed.

mkharsh33 09-13-2015 05:00 PM

Old Gen...Next Gen... just proof that EA should hand over the hockey game to 2K.