Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   EA Sports FC and FIFA (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=503)
-   -   FIFA 16 Review (PS4/XB1) (/forums/showthread.php?t=856320)

RaychelSnr 09-22-2015 09:53 AM

FIFA 16 Review (PS4/XB1)

FIFA is a game that divides the community like no other. On one hand there’s the online crowd, partly comprised of Ultimate Team fans who prefer a quicker pace and in general, more open gameplay. On the other, there is the offline simulation bunch who like to slow things down (whether it be through changing gameplay sliders or the speed of the game) and play primarily vs the CPU in Career Mode. While there are some who can navigate between both worlds, it’s clear that the two groups have separate ideas of what direction FIFA should take. If early indications are true, it looks like EA has listened to and catered the game to the simulation crowd.

Read More - FIFA 16 Review (PS4/XB1)

RoyceDa59 09-22-2015 10:16 AM

Re: FIFA 16 Review (PS4/XB1)

Kev, I think you will be the only one on the internet rating FIFA higher than PES very well detailed review. I think this is the first FIFA release I have been excited for.

SeaTownGamer 09-22-2015 10:18 AM

I respect your opinion but I just don't see how FIFA gets a higher score than PES this year by most reviewers like the previous poster brought up. I know I shouldn't bring up the other game in the FIFA forums so I apologize in advanced.

schnakenpopanz 09-22-2015 10:22 AM

Pass accuracy too high? We seem to play a different game. It looks like ping pong to me

HenryClay1844 09-22-2015 10:24 AM

Pretty much spot on. One problem is that player instructions (Stay back Busqutes!) don't seem to work. Gameplay problems pretty minor when compared to past games or PES. Career Mode (youth teams and real managers) and licensing still need work.

KG 09-22-2015 10:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RoyceDa59 (Post 2047689863)
Kev, I think you will be the only one on the internet rating FIFA higher than PES very well detailed review. I think this is the first FIFA release I have been excited for.

:duck:

It's all good. I've read a few reviews so far but EA's embargo is STRONG so I'm sure there will be a ton of them up today.

Should be interesting.

Teirminator 09-22-2015 10:33 AM

Have to agree with schnakenpopanz. I guess maybe its still too high for some, but I am finding it a lot less accurate than previous FIFA games. Some of that is the improved defensive AI, cutting off passing lanes, but some of it is definitely the passes themselves. Seeing more variation / sensitivity in strength. And the placement seems more varied as well.

I haven't been able to get the gang together for a true Pro Clubs match yet - they're all playing NHL - but the couple of drop-in matches I played were very "ping-pongy". Single-player against the AI did not have as much of the ping-pong going on.

rspencer86 09-22-2015 11:39 AM

Not much said about one of my biggest beefs with '15: do CPU teams actually play unique styles? It seemed like every team played the same way last year.