Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Football (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=493)
-   -   Long Snapper (/forums/showthread.php?t=862160)

miknhoj1983 11-01-2015 12:11 PM

Long Snapper

Is there a way to make sure a player is eligible to be the long snapper? The Patriots just drafted a guy Joe Cardona who is not always eligible to play long snapper when I start a CFM (especially if I make edits to the roster before starting). Are there certain positions that are eligible and/or is there a way that I can make it so he can be the long snapper (otherwise, he has no value)?

Datninja619 11-01-2015 02:17 PM

Re: Long Snapper

There's a LS position on the depth chart, other than that. If he's a lineman then he should show on that list.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

miknhoj1983 11-01-2015 03:00 PM

Thanks. Looking around the web it appears you have to change their position to center or other lineman to have them eligible to be a LS. In other words anyone who plays as the Pats should change Cardona from TE to C.

wpgjets23 11-03-2015 01:47 PM

In game you can put a TE at the LS position....same as you can in the default depth chart on the main screen (outside of CFM). In CFM, only a lineman can be put at the LS in the depth chart screen.

Senator Palmer 11-03-2015 06:21 PM

Haven't gotten into my CFM yet. Disappointed, but not surprised this still isn't fixed. I remember the big clamor years ago for a LS position on the depth chart, then when it finally appears, it's completely useless in CFM as ONLY linemen can be long snappers.

The fact it's been like this for so long makes me think this is a LONG way down on the priority list.

lees 11-04-2015 06:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wpgjets23 (Post 2047813365)
In game you can put a TE at the LS position....same as you can in the default depth chart on the main screen (outside of CFM). In CFM, only a lineman can be put at the LS in the depth chart screen.

It is crazy that simple things like that just don't work right.

Jfon 11-04-2015 06:13 PM

I thought any lineman could long snap

mantleovmygt 11-05-2015 01:18 AM

The fact it's been like this for so long makes me think this is a LONG way down on the priority list.