Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   MLB The Show (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=515)
-   -   MLB The Show 16 Screenshots - Captured From the Trailer (/forums/showthread.php?t=865184)

Steve_OS 12-05-2015 06:55 PM

MLB The Show 16 Screenshots - Captured From the Trailer

We have captured a bunch of MLB The Show 16 screenshots from the trailer that was released earlier today. While the quality isn't going to be as good coming from a video, these will have to do until we get actual in-game screenshots.

If there are some things you spot from the screenshots, let us know what you're seeing!

TerryP 12-05-2015 09:30 PM

Re: MLB The Show 16 Screenshots - Captured From the Trailer

It looks like we might be getting the classic stadiums on the PS4 based on one of the screenshots(?).

TerryP 12-05-2015 09:37 PM

Also looks like a closed Rogers Centre.

Knight165 12-05-2015 09:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TerryP (Post 2047880149)
It looks like we might be getting the classic stadiums on the PS4 based on one of the screenshots(?).

doncropper brought up a good point in the Turn Back the Clock:1965 thread when I mentioned it there...
That could be a PS3 shot mixed into the trailer.

I hope not.

M.K.
Knight165

Spokker 12-05-2015 09:43 PM

Looking at the roof of the Toronto dugout, it looks to me like the texture is higher quality than 15. I compared as best as I could and what I noticed is that the 15 version's texture looks flat while 16's texture has this little marks in it. It's more... "textury."

The trailer is on YouTube and this is not great for picking out details like this, but I wonder if we're going to see higher quality textures all around.

I can't get the correct angle during replays but here's 15 for comparison.

15 looks like a pasted on image while 16's logo looks more like a material overlaid on the dugout's roof.

Clarke99 12-05-2015 09:55 PM

One thing that is annoying Is the amount of red shirts In toronto we don't all goto the Rogers centre in our Canada shirts eh!
Blue I worn at the Blue jays game

Turbojugend 12-05-2015 09:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Knight165 (Post 2047880184)
doncropper brought up a good point in the Turn Back the Clock:1965 thread when I mentioned it there...
That could be a PS3 shot mixed into the trailer.

I hope not.

Man, there's no way they'd do that to us. No way.

tnixen 12-05-2015 10:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spokker (Post 2047880195)
Looking at the roof of the Toronto dugout, it looks to me like the texture is higher quality than 15. I compared as best as I could and what I noticed is that the 15 version's texture looks flat while 16's texture has this little marks in it. It's more... "textury."

The trailer is on YouTube and this is not great for picking out details like this, but I wonder if we're going to see higher quality textures all around.

I can't get the correct angle during replays but here's 15 for comparison.

15 looks like a pasted on image while 16's logo looks more like a material overlaid on the dugout's roof.

Great catch that is a very nice upgrade in the graphics department . You can easily see how much better dugout's roof in 16 looks compared to your 15 screenshot!