Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Football (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=493)
-   -   Unrealistic team goals? (/forums/showthread.php?t=873326)

Cavicchi 01-20-2016 06:48 PM

Unrealistic team goals?

I have two backup OL men with team goals of 4800 rushing yards. I don't have a problem with 4800 passing yards, but isn't 4800 rushing yards unrealistic?

The goals for my safeties is five interceptions. I can see where that might be reasonable for a FS, but SS?

What do you guys think?

NateDogPack12 01-21-2016 01:48 AM

Re: Unrealistic team goals?

As for your safeties, the thing about Madden is that most of the time those positions are interchangeable. If you manually scheme and play guys like Burnett or Woodson closer to the line of scrimmage, you'll see some different trends in stat lines emerge. BUT, Madden has mirrored the real NFL in the sense that the two positions are tough to distinguish anymore. In man coverage, man under and true zones, assignments don't differ that much and neither will the results either in-game or in the sim engine.

I am in agreement with you though that the goals do need some work. Five picks could result in a pro bowl selection. It's unlikely both of your guys will ever hit that.

As for your running game goal, not much to say about that one. It seems totally off base.

Mattanite 01-21-2016 04:53 AM

Re: Unrealistic team goals?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cavicchi (Post 2047965153)
I have two backup OL men with team goals of 4800 rushing yards. I don't have a problem with 4800 passing yards, but isn't 4800 rushing yards unrealistic?

The goals for my safeties is five interceptions. I can see where that might be reasonable for a FS, but SS?

What do you guys think?

This is mentioned in the Madden 16 bugs and glitches thread. I think I was the one posted the screenshot of the 4800 yards for Phil Loadholt too.

As for the safeties. That is normal and some teams have different schemes and different targets (deflections, tackles etc).