Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Football (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=493)
-   -   Madden Ultimate Team - Salary Cap Ranked Beta Coming Soon to Madden NFL 16 (/forums/showthread.php?t=878899)

CM Hooe 04-15-2016 12:00 PM

Madden Ultimate Team - Salary Cap Ranked Beta Coming Soon to Madden NFL 16

In the coming weeks, EA Sports will release another update for Madden NFL 16, introducing a brand new mode to Madden Ultimate Team - Salary Cap Ranked Beta.

Quote:

Salary Cap Ranked Beta is not just a new game mode, it’s a fundamental change that is felt throughout the entire Madden Ultimate Team experience by assigning a Cap Value to every player and redefining how to assemble a lineup. This is being referred to as a “Beta” because of the size of the feature and the timing of when we're releasing it. When we ran the Madden Challenge on Draft Champions Ranked, we heard your voices. It was clear that there was a major appetite to support competitive games in the Madden Ultimate Team structure. We asked our Continuous Development Team if we could develop Salary Cap Ranked in time to release it during the Madden NFL 16 cycle. The answer was a resounding “yes, we can.” The word “Beta” certainly does not reflect the quality of the feature. However we are anxious to hear what you think and what kind of improvements you would like to see in the future.

Before we go any further, I do want to make it clear that the traditional way of playing MUT has not changed or been excluded. You can still play with the full lineups that you are accustomed to in Solo Challenges and Seasons H2H play. Salary Cap Ranked Beta is simply a new test of mastery as you’ll need to be equally as skilled with building your lineup as you are with playing with them on the field.

Read more about the Madden Ultimate Team - Salary Cap Ranked Beta here.

4thQtrStre5S 04-15-2016 12:04 PM

Re: EA Sports Announces MUT Salary Cap Ranked Beta for Madden NFL 16

The initial statement has me concerned.

So no more teams with all 99 OVR ratings?

Wonder if this is also a part of potentially revealing a new player rating system for M17, where we will see fewer players bunched at the top of the rating scale to help differentiate between good and great players?

CM Hooe 04-15-2016 12:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 4thQtrStre5S (Post 2048118889)
So no more teams with all 99 OVR ratings?

From the article:

Quote:

Before we go any further, I do want to make it clear that the traditional way of playing MUT has not changed or been excluded. You can still play with the full lineups that you are accustomed to in Solo Challenges and Seasons H2H play. Salary Cap Ranked Beta is simply a new test of mastery as you’ll need to be equally as skilled with building your lineup as you are with playing with them on the field.

4thQtrStre5S 04-15-2016 12:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CM Hooe (Post 2048118908)
From the article:

Oh thank you; sorry I didn't see the link..Will read the article now...Sorry about that.

howboutdat 04-15-2016 12:27 PM

is it just me, or does this seem like EA is trying to figure out a way to get those who dont like MUT due to it being basically a lobby ball 2h2 area with bought teams , mainly CFM heads, to try n get them into playing MUT?

4thQtrStre5S 04-15-2016 12:30 PM

After reading the article, I believe this is going to be a very fun game mode; looking forward to playing...I also like how the Salary cap for each player could offer another means to quickly judge a player's ability.

NDAlum 04-15-2016 12:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by howboutdat (Post 2048118939)
is it just me, or does this seem like EA is trying to figure out a way to get those who dont like MUT due to it being basically a lobby ball 2h2 area with bought teams , mainly CFM heads, to try n get them into playing MUT?

It's a great idea because somebody like me who never goes into a random game might try it.

Next they would have to eliminate the game exploits.

howboutdat 04-15-2016 12:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NDAlum (Post 2048118962)
It's a great idea because somebody like me who never goes into a random game might try it.

Next they would have to eliminate the game exploits.

would be better if they put that much focus into improving CFM though, thats the issue i have here. Putting more and more time into MUT, hoping more will spend money in it.....:jpshakehe If CFM mode was good , id think about trying this out, but until then , MUT still on ban for me.