Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   MLB The Show (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=515)
-   -   Operation Sports Twitch Stream - MLB The Show 16 OSFM Release - 4/17 5 PM ET (/forums/showthread.php?t=878998)

Millennium 04-16-2016 09:34 PM

Operation Sports Twitch Stream - MLB The Show 16 OSFM Release - 4/17 5 PM ET

Hey there! It's just me, little ole' Millennium announcing our next

SUPER HUGE TWITCH STREAM NEWS

We will have MLB The Show 16 OSFM Version 1 rosters to show off 4/17 at 5 PM ET on our Twitch channel. That's right, before you can download them yourselves (at 6:00 PM ET) come see them in action, find out how they will affect your franchise strategy and have a little fun with your friendly neighborhood forum admin!

Go to Twitch.Tv/OperationSports and follow the channel so that you will be notified when we go live tomorrow for OSFM Day!!!

Jr. 04-16-2016 10:23 PM

Re: Operation Sports Twitch Stream - MLB The Show 16 OSFM Release - 4/17 5 PM ET

When did this become such an event?

Ghost Of The Year 04-16-2016 10:24 PM

Re: Operation Sports Twitch Stream - MLB The Show 16 OSFM Release - 4/17 5 PM ET

This should be a 3 hour event, maybe that'll keep enough people away from DL'ing it at the same time & overloading the server. :lol:

WaitTilNextYear 04-17-2016 12:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jr. (Post 2048121686)
When did this become such an event?

This year?

OS does seem to be leaning on Twitch more and more as a promotional platform in order to create "events." But they're hardly the only ones doing this.

I can only imagine the rage this announcement will invoke in some people waiting for the OSFM rosters--knowing that the rosters are actually done, yet they have to wait another hour. Some folks are going to lose it.

EDIT: Case in point, this thread already has all 4 of the ratings as 1-star ratings.

Jr. 04-17-2016 12:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WaitTilNextYear (Post 2048121861)
This year?

OS does seem to be leaning on Twitch more and more as a promotional platform in order to create "events." But they're hardly the only ones doing this.

I can only imagine the rage this announcement will invoke in some people waiting for the OSFM rosters--knowing that the rosters are actually done, yet they have to wait another hour. Some folks are going to lose it.

EDIT: Case in point, this thread already has all 4 of the ratings as 1-star ratings.

I've never seen OS operate like this before. Seems like it's more about grabbing attention or clicks or something, over the community.

Negan 04-17-2016 12:38 AM

Guess I'll be dvr'ing Fear The Walking Dead..lol. Thanks alot to everyone involved.

WaitTilNextYear 04-17-2016 12:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jr. (Post 2048121867)
I've never seen OS operate like this before. Seems like it's more about grabbing attention or clicks or something, over the community.

Well they do have to pay the bills :wink: I doubt server costs are getting any cheaper or that our meager $20 one-time "blue name" donations are keeping them afloat.

Honestly, I get more irritated by the ads that put my internet browser in a spin cycle than any of these new promotional strategies.

But this is probably a topic better for another thread and another day...:computer:

TheBleedingRed21 04-17-2016 01:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jr. (Post 2048121867)

I do agree. I don't recall there ever being this much promotion for the rosters. They are great and all, but I am surprised they are being "showcased" before release. I've been and always will be respectful and grateful to the creators, but maybe they should've been released at the same time as this stream or soon as they were done. That's how it has always been as Jr. has mentioned. Either way, I'll be catching the stream at 5 tomorrow, Mill has truly gained a fan in me with his awesome streaming.