Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=174)
-   -   PES 2017 Hands-On Previews From Around the Web (/forums/showthread.php?t=882443)

Steve_OS 06-01-2016 05:57 AM

PES 2017 Hands-On Previews From Around the Web

The PES 2017 embargo has been lifted and there are plenty of hands-on impressions being posted online from various websites. We'll add more throughout the day, as they come in. Check out links below and post your thoughts.

KG 06-01-2016 07:39 AM

Re: PES 2017 Hands-On Previews From Around the Web

Looks like Arsenal is fully licensed this year.

DBMcGee3 06-01-2016 11:22 AM

I like what I'm hearing, but I say that every year and then the legacy issues rear their heads again. I'm skeptical of the 'Adaptive AI', but that could be huge as far as finally slowing down the ridiculous amount of scoring. The supposed GK improvements would help tremendously as well.

I loved so many things about PES 2016, but the 3 or 4 most noticeable flaws were gamebreakers for me, really hoping to see them finally remedied for next year.

ShaiLeGran 06-01-2016 02:25 PM

Surprise us all with an August release, just in time for when most competitions have started :)

dubcity 06-01-2016 03:47 PM

Shocked that WENB gave it glowing reviews (NOT). The IGN one seems realistic though. Other ones seem to be raving about things that were supposed to be in last years game, ie: advanced tactics, etc. Meh.

Think I'll wait til Thu-Fri when some of my fave youtubers get a chance to play it.

stevostl 06-01-2016 04:48 PM

this is the kind of stuff that give me some hope from the reviewers...

Quote:

The surprise is how slow this new Pro Evolution Soccer feels.
Quote:

After just over an hour's play I'm still not entirely sure it's to my taste.
Quote:

Adam Bhatti says there'll be no more 6-6 draws like we saw in last year's game - I'm too embarrassed to admit I've gone whole afternoons with the game happy with the brace of goals I'd bundled in off wayward shins.
Quote:

If you're literate in football - I'm a Chelsea fan, for heaven's sake, so I'll happily admit I'm not[...]
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/20...r-2017-preview

RandyBass 06-01-2016 10:47 PM

There's only one question worth asking:

Are there any fouls in the game yet?

Strangely none of these previews seem to answer that question, though I haven't read them all.

RandyBass 06-01-2016 10:54 PM

Okay the gamesradar article mentions fouls, but it still sounds like they aren't really a factor like they should be, and not all that different from the past few versions: too few fouls called with too many of them resulting in bookings. :jpshakehe