Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Football (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=493)
-   -   Madden NFL 17 New Gameplanning Features (/forums/showthread.php?t=883178)

RaychelSnr 06-12-2016 04:54 PM

Madden NFL 17 New Gameplanning Features

In a new blog post, EA details new gameplanning features for Madden NFL 17.

Quote:

"Gameplanning

Know your opponent’s tendencies every week then pick the right drills to attack and counter those tendencies in game. This new level of strategy delivers more variety and more fun when preparing for your next opponent, whether it’s a user or the CPU. Once you’re in game, expect to see a team boost for those plays you practiced helping you earn that critical score or a defensive stand to secure the win."

You will choose gameplans each week on offense and defense. For each, you'll complete drills which will enable XP boosts for your team as you head into the next week.

You'll be notified of these boosts at the start of each game. EA uses a vertical pass plan gameplan as an example. Every time you call a vertical passing play your players ratings will be impacted positively.

On top of this, tendencies will be available to view for opponents. You'll also be able to focus XP improvements on specific players and focus gameplans to pursue one of three goals: 1) You can try to counter your opponent by selecting a gameplan that takes away your opponent’s strengths. 2) You can go with what your team does well by choosing a gameplan that focuses on how you like to play. 3) If your team is in a rebuilding mode, you can lean on gameplans that give XP to the position groups of most need.

What do you think of the gameplan feature?

snc237 06-12-2016 05:05 PM

Not overly impressed. Moments sound like a neat idea.

roadman 06-12-2016 05:06 PM

Re: EA Details New Gameplanning Features in Madden NFL 17

I think I will like the new gameplanning feature.

Cowboy008 06-12-2016 05:16 PM

It sounds good. I just hope the CPU uses it as well and hope that the tendencies will change when you play the CPU. What I mean is you play one team in week 1 and they like to throw the ball then you play them again in week 10 and now they like to run the ball.

ggsimmonds 06-12-2016 05:25 PM

I don't care about the XP boosts and all that gimmicky stuff, but up to date tendencies sounds truly awesome.

charter04 06-12-2016 05:36 PM

This was pretty close to how it was on NFL Head coach and that's not a bad thing. I like this addition

MajorSupreme 06-12-2016 05:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by charter04 (Post 2048236079)
This was pretty close to how it was on NFL Head coach and that's not a bad thing. I like this addition

This is what HC09 was but a bit simpler, really. Gameplan the days before, and then you'd be able to choose plays that were matched to your gameplan.

brandon27 06-12-2016 06:18 PM

Love it. All are great additions IMO.

Gameplanning especially. The only downside to it that I can see is time. It appears to be very time consuming. I assume though, that this, replaces the old drills for XP stuff though. I don't like the idea of being forced to play the mindless drills though. Especially having limited playtime.