Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Football (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=493)
-   -   Madden NFL 17 Interview with Rex Dickson (SimFBallCritic) (/forums/showthread.php?t=883215)

Steve_OS 06-13-2016 05:35 AM

Madden NFL 17 Interview with Rex Dickson (SimFBallCritic)

<iframe width="620" height="349" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/jTXFxsAOrio" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

SimFBallCritic has posted his interview with Madden NFL 17 Creative Director, Rex Dickson. Plenty of good information here. Below are some of the items they discuss.
  • What can the sim community do to prevent the same play being run over and over
  • Why no defensive assignments (best on best)?
  • Strip sacks and ball physics discussion
  • Frostbite engine discussion
  • Things that didn't quite make it into Madden NFL 17, that could arrive in the future

Aggies7 06-13-2016 06:01 AM

Re: Madden NFL 17 Interview with Rex Dickson (SimFBallCritic)

Love the comment about Continuous Development to try and push new features and mode via patches and updates.

MajorSupreme 06-13-2016 06:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aggies7 (Post 2048237281)
Love the comment about Continuous Development to try and push new features and mode via patches and updates.

I do too, I think that may be how we get draft boards before Madden 18.

wallofhate 06-13-2016 06:37 AM

Good interview and Rex is such a likable guy he really makes you look forward to the future of when they clean up all the nagging legacy issues. Can't wait for madden and football in general.

NateDogPack12 06-13-2016 06:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aggies7 (Post 2048237281)

My only wish is that he would have specified particular features they're trying to work on. I think as a community the hardcore fans have been very understanding when the developers have told us, "We hear you. We're working on that, but it's hard for "X" reason." I would like to know what features they have in store and what is a part of their next cycle.

I know marketability ties into this. They have to save stuff to promote for next year's game, but it would be cool to get some glimpse as to what is in the pipeline.

ShaiLeGran 06-13-2016 08:13 AM

Like them or hate them, they are open towards the community and these guys believe in the shaping of their product/project. If anything is holding them - and us as Madden fans - back, it is proparbly the board of directors at EA. Looking forward to a new Madden season.

Cowboy008 06-13-2016 08:34 AM

Great interview. Rex has delivered so far and hopefully he stays with Madden for a long time. When Rex said if there's something you don't like about the game they will try to do everything they can to fix it, I hope that doesn't mean if a lot of people complain that the defense is too hard this year they will go in and change it.

NateDogPack12 06-13-2016 08:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cowboy008 (Post 2048237372)
Great interview. Rex has delivered so far and hopefully he stays with Madden for a long time. When Rex said if there's something you don't like about the game they will try to do everything they can to fix it, I hope that doesn't mean if a lot of people complain that the defense is too hard this year they will go in and change it.

I REALLY think formation subs needs to be the feature we take to them. Clint already alluded to it not being in at launch. Now, based on his false hope when he quipped about coordinators, Clint has a way with words that can be misleading at times, but he did give hope to the idea of getting formation subs in. I think that should be our clarion piece that we go for.