Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   NBA 2K Basketball (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=497)
-   -   NBA 2K17 Screenshot - Dennis Schröder (/forums/showthread.php?t=887155)

Doubt23 08-19-2016 01:17 PM

NBA 2K17 Screenshot - Dennis Schröder

Check out the NBA 2K17 screenshot of Dennis Schröder and post your thoughts.

Previously released NBA 2K17 screenshots:

JJRuelz 08-19-2016 01:20 PM

Re: NBA 2K17 Screenshot - Dennis Schröder

Idk why they gave him that screenshot nothing really new or special about it, but it looks pretty alright I guess.

KidHypeTellem 08-19-2016 01:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JJRuelz (Post 2048348000)
Idk why they gave him that screenshot nothing really new or special about it, but it looks pretty alright I guess.

Because they're in Germany at Gamescom, and he's probably the cover star there.

Was gonna comment on his body size but I'll withhold... :cool:

Thetruth9012 08-19-2016 01:22 PM

Looks skinny good job.

Wysłane z mojego LG-H525n przy użyciu Tapatalka

tsbmolina 08-19-2016 01:41 PM

Looks great. The lighting on the skin looks exceptional

ForeverVersatile 08-19-2016 01:57 PM

lol Dennis scrawny

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Junior Moe 08-19-2016 02:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tsbmolina (Post 2048348072)
Looks great. The lighting on the skin looks exceptional

Yeah. Personally, I think the players look pretty damn good. Especially after seeing the gameplay. It's not perfect but this is 2K's take on these guys and they are appropriately shaped, for lack of a better word. I can discern who's who. The lighting is way better this year. Skin tones are better. And the player models are better.

alabamarob 08-19-2016 02:06 PM

Hopefully he can make a layup and play defense this year. He was trash in 16.

cthurt 08-19-2016 02:12 PM

The new arena specific lighting has me intrigued and it shows in these screenshots, BUT so did talk of body scans being in the game last year and we saw how that turned out. Every stadium being brightly lit and having specific lighting is two different things.

Got to say though with the new lighting that duplicated crowd member with the lime green shirt and lime green shoes on really stands out to me and not in a good way.

MarkWilliam 08-19-2016 02:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alabamarob (Post 2048348123)
Hopefully he can make a layup and play defense this year. He was trash in 16.

Hawks users got bigger problems than that this year.....

WISports 08-19-2016 02:18 PM

Anybody who thinks the body model is good needs to see a side by side comparison to the real thing. It's beyond terrible.

Teddy_Long 08-19-2016 02:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WISports (Post 2048348152)
Anybody who thinks the body model is good needs to see a side by side comparison to the real thing. It's beyond terrible.

they will probably give thon the same body type........

Geolink 08-19-2016 02:32 PM

2K: You wanted skinnier? There you go.

MarkWilliam 08-19-2016 02:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Geolink (Post 2048348174)
2K: You wanted skinnier? There you go.

Except for that Jimmy Butler pic.....

Phreezy P 08-19-2016 02:38 PM

^ RIP Escalade

And if someone could post a side by side that'd be great. On first glance he looks like an alien with those arms.

The 24th Letter 08-19-2016 02:46 PM

Dudes earlobes are waaaaaay off

Come on 2k

#preordercancelled

WISports 08-19-2016 02:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The 24th Letter (Post 2048348203)

Come on 2k

#preordercancelled

If only it was that minor.

I realize 2k can do no wrong in your eyes. They could put out a game that looks like Double Dribble and you'd say the graphics look great.

MarkWilliam 08-19-2016 02:49 PM

1 Attachment(s)
10 char...

WISports 08-19-2016 02:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phreezy P (Post 2048348188)

And if someone could post a side by side that'd be great. On first glance he looks like an alien with those arms.

I'll re-post what I posted in another thread, since this thread is about this specific pic.

There's just so much wrong.

They have his face too fat.

They have his arms too skinny.

They have ZERO muscle definition.

They have his arms disproportionate. His arms above his elbow look way too long. What's going on there?

The sleeve doesn't go high enough on his bicep.

The sleeve should reach his wrist, but nope!

This is just sad and quite frankly unacceptable. With all the work 2K puts into these games, it's sad that they don't hold the art dept. accountable for this garbage. Where's some of these guys' pride?

Junior Moe 08-19-2016 02:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WISports (Post 2048348152)

That's your opinion and I respect that. Not everyone thinks the models are that bad, though. They aren't perfect but they are far from terrible. No matter how you slice it. Besides, it's not likely to change much before release anyway so we may as well get used to it and hope that it's addressed more next year.

WISports 08-19-2016 02:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Junior Moe (Post 2048348218)
That's your opinion and I respect that. Not everyone thinks the models are that bad, though. They aren't perfect but they are far from terrible. No matter how you slice it. Besides, it's not likely to change much before release anyway so we may as well get used to it and hope that it's addressed more next year.

Oh, I hear you. If someone says "the models don't bother me" or something of the like, that's great.

But if someone says the models look accurate, etc, then that's just not correct.

We've been complaining about player models for years, and 2K still can't get it right. Are they that bad? Do they not have an eye for details? Or do they just not care?

The 24th Letter 08-19-2016 02:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WISports (Post 2048348211)
If only it was that minor.

I realize 2k can do no wrong in your eyes. They could put out a game that looks like Double Dribble and you'd say the graphics look great.

Nah man....This game does look like double dribble.

My avatar is a NBA 2K17 screen shot.

Feel free to quote me again when I'm talking to you...

Rockie_Fresh88 08-19-2016 02:56 PM

I'm actually starting to like the player models this year !

cthurt 08-19-2016 02:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WISports (Post 2048348213)
I'll re-post what I posted in another thread, since this thread is about this specific pic.

They have his arms disproportionate. His arms above his elbow look way too long. What's going on there?

This is just sad and quite frankly unacceptable. With all the work 2K puts into these games, it's sad that they don't hold the art dept. accountable for this garbage. Where's some of these guys' pride?

Wis I got to ask you man, do you still buy 2k? I'm hard on 2k too man so I understand where your coming from at times but I literally never seen you say anything positive that you liked about 2k in the last couple of years.

cool318 08-19-2016 03:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WISports (Post 2048348213)

Alright.. i hope you're just joking around.

This is probably the best screenshot we've gotten of ANY of the players. I've been agreeing with you about the past screenshots with PG+Towns+Jimmy, but come on now. You're basically demanding that these players are perfect.

It's Dennis S.. he's a star nor a superstar. As long as they get the big stars and superstars somewhat good, then i think we should all be happy.

I think we all agree they need to work on the bodies, but i have to disagree with you on this screenshot. This is by far the best screen we've gotten that appears close to the player in real life..

BluFu 08-19-2016 03:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Doubt23 (Post 2048347992)
Semms like Dennis Schröder posted a screenshot of himself on his facebook account:

Don't understand a word of German but those laughing emojis in the comments speak for themselves.

Not one to nitpick (and I'm sure as hell not going to be thinking about this when the game drops) but the direction they're going with these bodies is just plain bad. Seems like they're going backwards in a way (excluding Draymond Green). Lighting is great though.

MarkWilliam 08-19-2016 03:00 PM

I gotta say, his hands in the pic look insanely real.

Junior Moe 08-19-2016 03:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WISports (Post 2048348225)
Oh, I hear you. If someone says "the models don't bother me" or something of the like, that's great.

But if someone says the models look accurate, etc, then that's just not correct.

We've been complaining about player models for years, and 2K still can't get it right. Are they that bad? Do they not have an eye for details? Or do they just not care?

The way I see it 2K has at least attempted to address it. Not too long ago all player builds were about the same. Now we see some difference. KD is rail thin, maybe too thin, but he's thin and it's pronounced when he's standing next to a thicker player like Draymond. That's accurate to me. Looking at the Shroeder pic I understand that 2K's sleeves don't fit exactly like they do in real life but they have done what they could given those parameters. I'm cool with that. His face is more round than it is in real life, but hey, that kinda stuff happens. D Will's face was BAD back in 2k14, or 15, I forget which one. But by and large the players faces look good. I'll take that and hope for continued improvement.

Dyslexicphish 08-19-2016 03:05 PM

Honestly not a fan. Schroder has some pretty defined deltoids and triceps but he is completely lacking those in 2k17.

It seems 2k heard the complaints about sausage limbs and has over corrected.

MarkWilliam 08-19-2016 03:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Junior Moe (Post 2048348258)
The way I see it 2K has at least attempted to address it. Not too long ago all player builds were about the same. Now we see some difference. KD is rail thin, maybe too thin, but he's thin and it's pronounced when he's standing next to a thicker player like Draymond. That's accurate to me. Looking at the Shroeder pic I understand that 2K's sleeves don't fit exactly like they do in real life but they have done what they could given those parameters. I'm cool with that. His face is more round than it is in real life, but hey, that kinda stuff happens. D Will's face was BAD back in 2k14, or 15, I forget which one. But by and large the players faces look good. I'll take that and hope for continued improvement.

alabamarob 08-19-2016 03:22 PM

As a hawks fan, i am cool with the pic. As long as they differentiate the slim from the broad guys i am good. Like an earlier poster said.

WISports 08-19-2016 03:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cthurt (Post 2048348234)
Wis I got to ask you man, do you still buy 2k? I'm hard on 2k too man so I understand where your coming from at times but I literally never seen you say anything positive that you liked about 2k in the last couple of years.

I definitely buy the game, and enjoy it for the most part.

But to me, realism just adds to the experience. And players looking like themselves is a huge part of that.

I have said that the lighting looks much better this year, just going off of what we've seen so far.

But these player models being off is inexcusable IMO. It really is.

They CAN make players arms/legs the same thickness as their real life counterparts. Nobody will convince me of otherwise. Yet they don't. Why?

Stuff like the arm sleeve. You can't tell me they can't make it longer, like they are in real life.

Jimmy Butler's body looks NOTHING like him. Again, why? NBA friggin' Live did a much better job at this. That says a lot.

ForeverVersatile 08-19-2016 03:49 PM

I agree. Almost everyone they've shown has the wrong body type.

Andre Drumond looks ok from that angle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

strawberryshortcake 08-19-2016 03:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cool318 (Post 2048348246)
Alright.. i hope you're just joking around.

This is probably the best screenshot we've gotten of ANY of the players. I've been agreeing with you about the past screenshots with PG+Towns+Jimmy, but come on now. You're basically demanding that these players are perfect.

It's Dennis S.. he's a star nor a superstar. As long as they get the big stars and superstars somewhat good, then i think we should all be happy.

I think we all agree they need to work on the bodies, but i have to disagree with you on this screenshot. This is by far the best screen we've gotten that appears close to the player in real life..

2k17's Schroder vs real life Schroder picture posted above is something one would see in a "before" and "after" picture on a fitness forum.

I know last year people gave WISports a difficult time for constantly pointing out concerns with the player models, but the points he is making are all legitimately valid. WISports cares about authenticity player models, court colors and the like while there are other individuals that places more emphasis on other areas of the game. You can't fault him for that.

Schroder is definitely not the best screen we've gotten so far. Far, far from it. Present 2k17's Schroder screenshot along with the real life Schroder to any amateur art student or 3d modeler and you'd hear some chuckle.

The Goldilocks effect. 2k17 takes the model from one extreme to the other extreme. I'm a little surprised the skinny player model arms were given the green light.

Quote:

Originally Posted by BluFu (Post 2048348248)
Spoiler

tt500 08-19-2016 03:56 PM

seems like they just took every players arm muscles and put it into butlers body.

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Tapatalk

WISports 08-19-2016 04:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by strawberryshortcake (Post 2048348429)
2k17's Schroder vs real life Schroder picture posted above is something one would see in a "before" and "after" picture on a fitness forum.

I know last year people gave WISports a difficult time for constantly pointing out concerns with the player models, but the points he is making are all legitimately valid. WISports cares about authenticity player models, court colors and the like while there are other individuals that places more emphasis on other areas of the game. You can't fault him for that.

Thank you. And trust me, gameplay is still #1 on my importance list.

The thing that irks me about these body types being so off...or uniforms/courts/skin tones being wrong...is that these should not be that hard to accomplish.

There are tons of screenshots and videos at 2K's disposal to compare these things. How do you look at a real pic of player X and compare it to the model you're creating, and not see (and fix) the major differences in the appearance?

Same goes for court/uni colors. How can some of these be so off?

It isn't like this is the Dreamcast and I'm asking for photo-realistic graphics. I'm (and many others fwiw) is asking for stuff that should be easy to accomplish. Yet it seems like 2K either doesn't care or they just don't have any kind of attention to detail. No offense, but what else can it be?

Like I said, NBA Live player models looked much better...proportionately.

You can't tell me 2K can't do the same.

ProfessaPackMan 08-19-2016 04:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The 24th Letter (Post 2048348203)

Come on 2k

#preordercancelled

Schroeder is too dark in the game and as a member of the Brownskin Coalition, I'm offended by this picture and will seriously consider passing up this year if he looks like this in the game.

ksuttonjr76 08-19-2016 04:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WISports (Post 2048348456)
Thank you. And trust me, gameplay is still #1 on my importance list.

The thing that irks me about these body types being so off...or uniforms/courts/skin tones being wrong...is that these should not be that hard to accomplish.

There are tons of screenshots and videos at 2K's disposal to compare these things. How do you look at a real pic of player X and compare it to the model you're creating, and not see (and fix) the major differences in the appearance?

Same goes for court/uni colors. How can some of these be so off?

It isn't like this is the Dreamcast and I'm asking for photo-realistic graphics. I'm (and many others fwiw) is asking for stuff that should be easy to accomplish. Yet it seems like 2K either doesn't care or they just don't have any kind of attention to detail. No offense, but what else can it be?

Like I said, NBA Live player models looked much better...proportionately.

You can't tell me 2K can't do the same.

https://www.google.com/search?q=vide...ers+screenshot

Here's a list of video game character...let me know how many characters look like "real life".

The level of "realism" that you asking for is most likely not possible in this current generation of consoles. To me, I think the screenshot looks good minus some "little things", but nothing game breaking.

WISports 08-19-2016 04:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ksuttonjr76 (Post 2048348476)
https://www.google.com/search?q=vide...ers+screenshot

The level of "realism" that you asking for is most likely not possible in this current generation of consoles.

Dang. I didn't know the PS4 or XONE didn't supply them with enough power to make guys' arms different thicknesses. Thanks for setting me straight.

fatjoejr2001 08-19-2016 04:15 PM

Looks good. If you change the body measurements like I did in my 16-17 roster you'd be surprised how similar his body looks to that lol.

PSN: BODYBAGCENTRAL
NBA 2K16: BEST ROSTER 2K17