Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Football (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=493)
-   -   EA Playtest Opportunity (U.S. Residents Only) (/forums/showthread.php?t=891774)

Millennium 09-22-2016 01:00 PM

EA Playtest Opportunity (U.S. Residents Only)

Hey guys,

This opportunity was just brought to OS by the EA Playtesting team (not exclusively). They want to hit some of their more core audiences, and that is the niche we fit very nicely!

EA Sports is hosting a remote playtest that will start on Sep. 29th and run though Oct. 12th. If you live in the continental U.S., then we welcome you to apply for this opportunity! You will need a phone and internet access for the duration of this playtest, more details below.

Quote:

How will this work if you're selected?
  • You'll meet with our researcher who'll explain the process in a "kickoff" conference call (Sep. 29 or Sep. 30)
  • You'll play the game and fill out 5-10 minute survey about your experiences for 7 days straight (you don't even have to leave your house, but you do have to complete the surveys by our deadlines! Oct. 3rd - Oct. 9th)
  • You'll attend a short "exit" conference call with the researcher (Oct. 10, 11, or 12)
  • You'll receive your reward for participating! Participants will have the option to pick from two rewards: either 2 free EA games shipped to your door or a $50 Giftrocket gift card.

More details are available in the survey itself.

Link to apply for the remote playtest: Remote Playtest Sign Up
Link to the EA Playtesting Facebook Page: EA Playtesting Facebook
Link to sign up for the EA Playtesting Email: Newsletters will inform you about all upcoming EA playtests in your area!

howboutdat 09-22-2016 01:42 PM

Re: EA Playtest Opportunity (U.S. Residents Only)

Thanks for that! I for the life of me dont know why in 2016 more games dont offer this, before games come out, to really help them stress test and just have more eyes on things. Not speaking about EA here ,just in general. Yeah i know it takes time and resources to make the test stuff, but in the long run, the benefits should outway that cost imo.

Glad to see EA stepping out and offering this. Always glad for a chance to make a game better thru feedback.Thanks again.

T4VERTS 09-22-2016 01:49 PM

Unfortunately I work in marketing which excludes me from this opportunity :(. I do applaud them though for a shift towards customer "sourced" game development. Between this, and surveys, they are trying to build the game customers want rather than the one they think the customers should want. It is something more companies should do.

cheez7 09-22-2016 04:10 PM

Dang work in Public Relations, did QA for EA Tiburon one summer "back in the day," and have to work all day twice during the playtest... Trifecta... I'm out! Sounds like an interesting concept though.

bcruise 09-22-2016 05:51 PM

Is this actually related to EA Sports specifically? Or EA as a whole (and anything under that umbrella)?

Millennium 09-22-2016 06:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bcruise (Post 2048458189)
Is this actually related to EA Sports specifically? Or EA as a whole (and anything under that umbrella)?

I believe it's for EA Sports.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

underdog13 09-22-2016 09:10 PM

Hopefully I get picked :)

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Instant C1a55ic 09-22-2016 09:11 PM

I signed up, looks fun if you ask me. Give me some free games to play Madden... no brainer as I am already playing to begin with lol