Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   WWE 2K and Other Wrestling Games (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=534)
-   -   WWE 2K17 On Solid Ground, Has Room to Grow (/forums/showthread.php?t=901029)

nhthelegend 01-25-2017 03:09 PM

I have hope that this generation will produce a classic WWE game. The gameplay is the best it's been in years for my money (glitches aside) and I feel like they've really found a winning formula there. My biggest gripe with these games in recent years is that they lack the drama of a real WWE broadcast. The wrestling itself is there but I crave more immersion in story form. Universe is finally getting to a good spot and the promo engine has helped it but there is still a ways to go. I'm optimistic though. Although slowly, this game seems to be improving every year.

SlapShotSal 01-25-2017 06:33 PM

For me no Showcase meant keeping 2K16 for another year and waiting on 18. For the way I like to play, I didn't think the bump to 17 was worth a large missing piece.

Thrash13 01-26-2017 01:35 PM

Re: WWE 2K17 On Solid Ground, Has Room to Grow

Quote:

Originally Posted by nhthelegend (Post 2048672574)
My biggest gripe with these games in recent years is that they lack the drama of a real WWE broadcast. The wrestling itself is there but I crave more immersion in story form.

The commentary and crowd reactions are severely lacking. If they can find some way to integrate dynamic commentary (really needs to be overhauled completely) along with fitting crowd reactions, it will be a big step forward. The crowds are so generic...

jvalverde88 01-26-2017 05:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thrash13 (Post 2048673668)
The commentary and crowd reactions are severely lacking. If they can find some way to integrate dynamic commentary (really needs to be overhauled completely) along with fitting crowd reactions, it will be a big step forward. The crowds are so generic...

The voiceover work for wrestlers are awful, especially Enzo's entrance.

Kanobi 01-26-2017 07:50 PM

Commentary is a major problem...getting better each year but marginally. Need in-ring audio from the wrestlers themselves too....would add to the immersion of a match

Thrash13 01-26-2017 08:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kanobi (Post 2048674151)
Commentary is a major problem...getting better each year but marginally. Need in-ring audio from the wrestlers themselves too....would add to the immersion of a match

See, I think the commentary takes smaller steps forward every year than just about every other area of the game. I know Michael Cole is the voice of the WWE, but they desperately need to head down to NXT for a week or two and have Tom Phillips and Corey Graves record thousands of lines for the game. I know those two are busy as well, but I bet they've be more than happy to be the focal point of WWE 2K18 on commentary.

Other sports games go to actual games and record sounds of fans. That's desperately lacking in this series. It's the "little things" that need the most work, and it's baffling the same company who knocks presentation out of the park with NBA 2K is the same company making WWE games every year. I know it's a different team, but it's still 2K. Unreal.

PVarck31 01-26-2017 11:12 PM

I agree that the crowd sound needs a lot of work. I wanna hear huge pops for the guys that get them and heat for the good heels. I would also love crowd chants. I don't think they are in unless they are so low I can't hear them.

And because of this thread I just bought the game again lol.

It was only $30 so I guess it's worth that. Now debating whether or not to get some DLC.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

Cubfan 01-27-2017 07:57 AM

Commentary needs work still felt like I had heard everything their was to hear from them.

Career mood is lacking its just matches with no real reason for them. The promo engine is interesting but didn't really fit all of the superstars.