Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Football Rosters (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=494)
-   -   HTown5933 M17 Draft Prospects (/forums/showthread.php?t=902703)

htown5933 02-13-2017 05:11 PM

HTown5933 M17 Draft Prospects

Well guys... I didn't think I'd be even CONSIDERING taking on this project again.

I'd told several people who have asked I would likely just be "fixing" Tom from Germany's roster. But, a couple of things have me considering doing another roster this year.

First, last time I looked at Tom's roster, it was an older EA version. I think last year, somehow, his roster had the final EA ratings for the existing players. I assume he did that himself, I don't know. But, this year I believe EA added quite a few reserve/futures guys to the teams and FA pool.

Yesterday I started going through each team and releasing UFA's and getting their roster as accurate as possible. I LOVE Free Agency and the Draft but HATE how time consuming making the prospects is.

I'm extremely picky and OCD (I had the highest "like ratio" of the draft prospect rosters last year, FWIW), but not with the ratings, as I'm not an expert. I just like the OVR to reflect how they're rated on the CBS Big Board (and things like speed, etc to be accurate).

I've never worked with anyone on a roster mostly due to trust issues lol. But, yesterday I had a thought that maybe this is the year I reach out to the ratings guys and see if anyone would be interested in working with me IF I decide to go ahead with this again this year.

I thought maybe I'd go through the rosters, get them as accurate as possible, then begin creating the prospects - getting their height, weight, position, equipment, as accurate as I could, then after reaching a desired number, uploading and taking a break, so that the ratings guy could work on the ratings. Then, he uploads and I take over again, updating the transactions since my last upload and creating more prospects.

It would have to be someone who works pretty quickly. I don't want to get too far behind on the transactions. That combined with creating prospects can be as time consuming as going through the ratings.

I've reached out to one person to see if they were interested but I thought I'd post here as well.

If e-mailing is easier for anyone, hit me at "[email protected]" (hey, I've had it since 1996 lol).

Again, I'm not positive I'm going to do this - and could end up fixing Tom's roster. But, thought this could be a way I cut a huge amount of time spent way down this year.

Don

Edit - 5/28/17

Was asked for a summary of roster details to be added to the first post... hope this helps...

Basically, it's just EA's final roster update used as a base, 37 rookies made from the create a player, 153 draft picks made from current rookies in the game who aren't on a team (or maybe on a team via a futures contract) and one UDFA (C. Rush with Dallas). All picks through the 4th round are included (with only Z. Banner being really "off" - has hair in the game lol).

A few of last year's rookies on teams were used to create rookies and they were replaced with players from the FA pool with 1 year experience with the same or very similar heights and weights.

Depth charts are from a combination of year end from team websites, CBS Sports, Ourlads and Rotoworld. Adjustments have been made based on Rotoworld's daily player news and Twitter news since the season ended. A few teams had guys change positions based on them running a new defensive scheme (i.e. a 3-4 changing to a 4-3 and vice versa)

Jersey numbers were updated via team websites, although sometimes numbers change. I change them when fans of teams let me know or I come across it.

The file name is 2017DRAFTHTOWN5933. GT is H-Town5933

sccavs64 03-01-2017 10:33 AM

Re: HTown5933 M17 Draft Prospects

Quote:

Originally Posted by htown5933 (Post 2048696426)
Well guys... I didn't think I'd be even CONSIDERING taking on this project again.

I'd told several people who have asked I would likely just be "fixing" Tom from Germany's roster. But, a couple of things have me considering doing another roster this year.

First, last time I looked at Tom's roster, it was an older EA version. I think last year, somehow, his roster had the final EA ratings for the existing players. I assume he did that himself, I don't know. But, this year I believe EA added quite a few reserve/futures guys to the teams and FA pool.

Yesterday I started going through each team and releasing UFA's and getting their roster as accurate as possible. I LOVE Free Agency and the Draft but HATE how time consuming making the prospects is.

I'm extremely picky and OCD (I had the highest "like ratio" of the draft prospect rosters last year, FWIW), but not with the ratings, as I'm not an expert. I just like the OVR to reflect how they're rated on the CBS Big Board (and things like speed, etc to be accurate).

I've never worked with anyone on a roster mostly due to trust issues lol. But, yesterday I had a thought that maybe this is the year I reach out to the ratings guys and see if anyone would be interested in working with me IF I decide to go ahead with this again this year.

I thought maybe I'd go through the rosters, get them as accurate as possible, then begin creating the prospects - getting their height, weight, position, equipment, as accurate as I could, then after reaching a desired number, uploading and taking a break, so that the ratings guy could work on the ratings. Then, he uploads and I take over again, updating the transactions since my last upload and creating more prospects.

It would have to be someone who works pretty quickly. I don't want to get too far behind on the transactions. That combined with creating prospects can be as time consuming as going through the ratings.

I've reached out to one person to see if they were interested but I thought I'd post here as well.

If e-mailing is easier for anyone, hit me at "[email protected]" (hey, I've had it since 1996 lol).

Again, I'm not positive I'm going to do this - and could end up fixing Tom's roster. But, thought this could be a way I cut a huge amount of time spent way down this year.

Don

If you end up starting this let me know, I'd be interested in helping. PM me on here or add me on Xbox and send me a message - dac1015

htown5933 03-01-2017 06:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sccavs64 (Post 2048719219)
If you end up starting this let me know, I'd be interested in helping. PM me on here or add me on Xbox and send me a message - dac1015

Thanks, man... but, I'm on PS4.

I did find a post in the forum (NFL Draft Prospects 2017-2022) that had over 200 of the top prospects that were on the CBS Sports big board.... with ratings and such.

But, after I downloaded Tom From Germany's latest Draft roster, he DID "start over", using the final EA roster update.

So, I've pretty much decided to just wait 'til he's finished with his rookies and "fix" his roster.

EA added a ton of future/reserve guys this year. It's easier than ever to release all the UFA's.

I messaged Tom, trying to offer to go through his roster while he took a two day or so break and release the UFA's, sign the future/reserve guys, make sure no one is wearing a retired number, update depth charts, etc, but his settings are that he can't receive messages.

It's hard NOT to go ahead and start making the rookies, but I'm making myself wait and just fix Tom's roster lol.

sccavs64 03-02-2017 09:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htown5933 (Post 2048719827)
Thanks, man... but, I'm on PS4.

I did find a post in the forum (NFL Draft Prospects 2017-2022) that had over 200 of the top prospects that were on the CBS Sports big board.... with ratings and such.

But, after I downloaded Tom From Germany's latest Draft roster, he DID "start over", using the final EA roster update.

So, I've pretty much decided to just wait 'til he's finished with his rookies and "fix" his roster.

EA added a ton of future/reserve guys this year. It's easier than ever to release all the UFA's.

I messaged Tom, trying to offer to go through his roster while he took a two day or so break and release the UFA's, sign the future/reserve guys, make sure no one is wearing a retired number, update depth charts, etc, but his settings are that he can't receive messages.

It's hard NOT to go ahead and start making the rookies, but I'm making myself wait and just fix Tom's roster lol.

Aw man and he's on PS4 also... guess I'll just make one for Xbox, probably will just do the first round for 2017

xApAthyx13 03-02-2017 11:38 AM

I also do the NFL draft every season for X1. I'm just holding up till after the combine and closer to April before I release it. The CAP Madden has this year sucks though and prevents us from doing too many Create a players

htown5933 03-03-2017 01:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xApAthyx13 (Post 2048720658)
I also do the NFL draft every season for X1. I'm just holding up till after the combine and closer to April before I release it. The CAP Madden has this year sucks though and prevents us from doing too many Create a players

Really?

Did they change it? There's been how many the last couple years... like almost 400?

Do you know for sure how many it is this year?

After doing some googling, it appears you're right. Gonna' be WAY short this year, huh? Not even able to get three rounds created? The last two years I've created every single drafted player plus 100ish UDFA's.

Man.... I guess the fact that there's a lot of future/reserve guys in the game right now may allow us to use those players for the rookies. Idk, that just sucks though.

htown5933 03-03-2017 05:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xApAthyx13 (Post 2048720658)

I don't know how many total players are "allowed" in the game, but I found a thread where someone said it was 2,999 a year or two ago. If that's still true, and I didn't make any mistakes, there can only be 66 players added (yes, I'm sick and counted lol).

I counted 2,934 (but I added Quincy McDuffie to the Cowboys).

If these are both correct, it means we'd barely be able to add rookies through the second round, unless we changed existing players to match the rookies. (they're definitely seemed to be more future/reserve guys than I remember in the past - almost as if they didn't want us making the rookies)

Just ridiculous.

azdawgpound 03-03-2017 06:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htown5933 (Post 2048721711)
I don't know how many total players are "allowed" in the game, but I found a thread where someone said it was 2,999 a year or two ago. If that's still true, and I didn't make any mistakes, there can only be 66 players added (yes, I'm sick and counted lol).

I counted 2,934 (but I added Quincy McDuffie to the Cowboys).

If these are both correct, it means we'd barely be able to add rookies through the second round, unless we changed existing players to match the rookies. (they're definitely seemed to be more future/reserve guys than I remember in the past - almost as if they didn't want us making the rookies)

Just ridiculous.

I think it's dumb that they shortened the Cap slots I haven't touched Madden since about mid season lame that we will have to rename rookies in fa pool to make draft classes.they shouldn't of wasted spots on guys who prob won't even be on teams next yr.