Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Football Rosters (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=494)
-   -   HTown5933 M17 Draft Prospects (/forums/showthread.php?t=902703)

htown5933 03-20-2017 06:23 PM

Re: HTown5933 M17 Draft Prospects

Quote:

Originally Posted by noplace (Post 2048744899)
I noticed that when I downloaded a ver he had up. Your base is much more accurate. I believe he had only 60 rookies at the time
I'd prefer just use yours instead.

Sent from my STV100-2 using Operation Sports mobile app

I hear you.

I'd much rather use mine as well, but I'm trying to see whichever is the least time consuming.

I am pretty sure I can make his as accurate as mine, maybe even moreso. (example, while getting his roster right, I realized Cleveland is switching to a 4-3 this year, so I made those changes). I'd done that with a couple of other defenses so far, but missed Cleveland.

I'm going to keep updating mine while working on his. If I see at any point I won't be able to make his as accurate, I'll give it up and just add prospects to mine. But, I'm pretty confident I can do it. It'll just take 17ish hours or so lol. (which is a few hours less than just adding prospects to mine).

jermely 03-21-2017 10:00 AM

So are your rosters gonna be filled w/ draft prospects under the FA tab, so one can sign whomever one wants?

And also, with rumors of the Raiders possibly luring Marshawn Lynch out of retirement, will he be included if it happens along with all other FA transactions?

htown5933 03-21-2017 03:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jermely (Post 2048745718)
So are your rosters gonna be filled w/ draft prospects under the FA tab, so one can sign whomever one wants?

And also, with rumors of the Raiders possibly luring Marshawn Lynch out of retirement, will he be included if it happens along with all other FA transactions?

My draft prospects rosters the last 2 years have had 300ish prospects. Unfortunately, this year EA created so many future/reserve guys and young players that won't make teams, it's extremely difficult to do that this year.

My plan right now is to continue trying to fix Tom's roster and also add 15ish prospects so we have a good shot at being able to immediately add everyone through round 2.

Yes, I plan on making Lynch from Robert Hughes if/when he signs.

And yes, the prospects are always in the free agent pool.

jermely 03-21-2017 03:24 PM

Cool. Appreciate the work.

Me and a friend want to play during draft weekend with precise rosters :)

Sent from my iPad using Operation Sports

htown5933 03-21-2017 06:30 PM

Well, guys I THOUGHT I was going to be able to "report" some GREAT news, but it doesn't appear that's the case.

I went through MY roster and made a list of rookie free agents that were not signed to any teams. I came up with 67! I wrote down their height, weight and race, thinking I could use them to ADD to Tom's already created draft prospects.

I also found four players in the free agent pool that are apparently on teams right now (Severin w/Pit, K. Carter w/Min, C. Mayes w/Atl, and I. Wells w/Det).

Unfortunately, when I checked on these rookies in Tom's roster, he's already used 19 of them as well as I believe K. Carter and I. Wells. So, I believe at least 21 of his 63 created prospects are from guys that were already in the game.

IF there can be 2,999 players in the game, which I read somewhere, AND if I counted correctly, we should have been able to add 66 players. I added Q. McDuffie to Dallas in my roster so I SHOULD be able to add 65 players. That plus the 67 rookies I could possibly use if I could match up height, weight, etc and it'd give us 132 prospects. Possibly enough for the first four rounds.

But, if Tom started using guys that were already in the game, that tells me the math somewhere is actually wrong... and there's probably not 65ish available CAP slots. I can't imagine why he'd start using guys that were already in the game unless he ran out of CAP slots and he realized guys he was creating weren't saving.

Just sharing all this. Still not sure which way I'm gonna' go... I'm so OCD, I HATE knowing he's (apparently) used (at least) two guys that are on rosters to make prospects.

I'll likely still continue trying to fix his roster as I'm only through five or six teams. If I realize it's too bad, I'll just start adding prospect to mine. Hopefully, I'm able to fix his. Fortunately, I don't remember anyone jumping out that he's missing through the first five or six teams... then again, I may not have noticed K. Carter (Min) or I. Wells (Det) missing. Maybe Wells as I was surprised I didn't have him on the team. Could've sworn they released him or I'd read he was an UFA.

htown5933 03-22-2017 12:15 AM

Well, there's still hope for fixing his roster lol.

I found Wells and Carter... he used Wells to make Adoree' Jackson and Carter to make Evan Engram.

Thing is, there are other guys he could've used with more accurate height and weight, but guess he wanted to use the same position so it'd be less editing ratings.

At least I can change Wells and Carter, who are on teams, back.

I also found two more of the unsigned rookies I thought he'd used, but didn't. Gonna' ........

You know what... nevermind... it's just too far gone. Been looking at it and messing with it.

Screw it. I'll just take pics of his prospects with my phone and then add them to my roster. That'll save a little time - plus I'll likely have heights and weights more accurate since the true measurements from the combine are documented now.

Then, I'll add around 15 (at least) for now which should guarantee we get the first two rounds. My goal is gonna' be to get all players drafted through the 3rd round on teams (as well as all the Cowboys picks lol).

Hope to stick with it and update you guys as it's progressing.

stever85 03-24-2017 07:41 PM

What roster did you start from?

No Martavis Bryant in the game. Some guys speed different.

htown5933 03-24-2017 11:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stever85 (Post 2048750791)
What roster did you start from?

No Martavis Bryant in the game. Some guys speed different.

EA's final roster for the year.

I made Bryant a punter, like several suspended guys, so they wouldn't show up in play now games. Just move him back to WR.

Didn't mess with anyone's speed.