Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   NBA 2K Basketball (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=497)
-   -   OS is Visiting 2K Next Week, Ask Your Questions Here! (/forums/showthread.php?t=904318)

RaychelSnr 03-09-2017 06:26 PM

OS is Visiting 2K Next Week, Ask Your Questions Here!

Next week, I'll be heading out to California to have a chat with several former OS'ers who are now working at 2K on the NBA 2K series. We're going to talk about a lot of topics such as what its like to work at 2K, what the transition from community members to game makers was like, and also some of the nuts and bolts behind the approaches to their jobs.

In short we kind of get to learn some of the hows and whys of game development.

We're going to be having some extended conversations in the 2K Studio about all of this and the videos will be posted afterwards on OS. We're giving you guys the chance to submit questions to the team now to the run-up of the event next Thursday. Obviously we're not going to get any unreleased info on secret plans for NBA 2K18 (sorry guys) but if you have questions about why they do certain things, how they approach their jobs, or what being in the games industry is like, we'd love to be able to talk about them.

Submit your questions in the comments, and I'll try to ask as many of them as possible when I have my sit down with the guys at 2K next week!

MFDOOMBOT 03-09-2017 06:32 PM

Why the decision to assign loses to both players when one player quits in MyTeam Online? Its ruining the mode and people chances at perfection. Can it be fixed this cycle?

DJT 03-09-2017 06:34 PM

What happened to body scans? The whole Utah Jazz team needs new ones

stowie 03-09-2017 06:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MFDOOMBOT (Post 2048730773)
Why the decision to assign loses to both players when one player quits in MyTeam Online? Its ruining the mode and people chances at perfection. Can it be fixed this cycle?

Yes please! The best rewards are locked behind a perfect record and this needs to be fixed.

I would like to know what measures (server prep, stress testing, etc) are taken before a massive event such as Park After Dark? Also, do they have a post event debrief, if yes what issues were identified and fixed for the next one?

SHAKYR 03-09-2017 06:42 PM

I don't know if you are limiting your questions to just NBA 2k. I have want to know is 2k going to make a boxing game?

Smirkin Dirk 03-09-2017 06:46 PM

Re: OS is Visiting 2K Next Week, Ask Your Questions Here!

How do they filter the good community feedback from the...less than good... community feedback?

BobChonger 03-09-2017 06:52 PM

Pretty cool. Do you get to meet Jerson Sapida?

Crunky 03-09-2017 07:01 PM

Re: OS is Visiting 2K Next Week, Ask Your Questions Here!

Starting now do they gather ideas for future, future installment's of the game.