Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   MLB The Show (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=515)
-   -   Official 2017 uniform errors and omissions thread (/forums/showthread.php?t=904928)

cherman24 03-19-2017 11:28 AM

Official 2017 uniform errors and omissions thread

I figured I'd post my annual errors and omissions thread. Big praise to scea for revealing the uniforms in their stream and also making the slot system work for teams like the Mariners at the expense of teams like the tigers who don't need them. I'm thinking the omissions will be mostly spring training hats/jerseys and batting practice jerseys. For the casual fan, spring training are basically alternate jerseys with white numbers that have spring training sublimation. Batting practice will now be more of a 3/4 shirt with a sleeve number. Please reserve posts in the thread to a missing 2017 item or an error with something included in the game. We can't have posts like "they should have included the Indians 2012 uniforms." I want to wait until people actually have the game rather than digging through the stream archives to look at them. I'd also like to think that making posts like these let the devs know what we want to see or offer some help to them. Again, I praise them for making these changes and jumping in our threads to make comments.

Credit goes out to EVERYONE who is making contributions here. I don't take sole credit. I just update what I know and what everyone adds to the master post.

MISSING- all 2017 spring training jerseys. For most teams, it's their color alternates with white sublimated spring training writing. Very few teams have a unique ST jersey. Exceptions would be Rays, Yankees, Tigers off the top of my head.

ERRORS-there seems to be the white stitching showing on colored jerseys (blue jays) and some colors look washed out (pirates black). Also, some teams (rays, astros, rangers, and Rockies) default to white road pants.

ALE
Yankees: ERROR- missing helmet numbers. BP home should be navy with white brim with pinstripes. BP road should be all gray with navy brim. Too hard to describe the nuances of the interlocking NY. Please see silver bullets page 19 post with pics.
Red Sox:ERROR-1976 helmets should be red/blue brim.
Orioles:
Blue jays:ERROR-road jersey missing white stripes on sleeves. Retro uniforms should use blue accessories rather than black and should have blue socks or stirrups rather than football socks. 70s road numbers should be darker blue. Red alternates should have red helmets. MISSING-white panel alternate hat/helmets.
Rays:MISSING- white panel bp hat. 1980s fauxback (worn at Chicago a few years ago) will be worn instead of 1970s. ERROR-devil rays should have black accessories and purple numbers. It should have black hat with purple brim for home. Home numbers should be outlined in white creating a thinner number. The game outlined in blue creating a thick number. Fauxbacks should have yellow socks under blue stirrups.

ALC
Indians: ERROR-BP cap has a red front panel and should not be full color red hat. Red socks are missing navy stripes. MISSING-red pants for 70s uniform (to be worn against Tampa's fauxbacks).
Tigers: ERROR- Mlb logo should be navy at home. 1900 unis should have white hat. 1979 uniform numbers are outlined like current roads and shouldn't have the white outline. Home D is outlined in white and slightly incorrect.
Twins:
Royals: ERROR- missing piping on white/gold alternate. Powder blue alternate lacks white outline around front number.
White Sox: ERROR- Road pants have white/black stripes, but they switched to black piping about two or three years ago. Sunday throwbacks are missing giant numbers on the leg. Throwbacks should use red accessories.

ALW
Rangers: ERROR- when selecting red accessories for home white Rangers, undershirts/socks are default blue. 70s uniforms have incorrect name plates.
Angels: ERROR- red belts should be used as accessories.
Astros:MISSING-blue/gold 1990s throwback to be worn this season.
A's:ERROR-Should only use the helmets that mimic the home green/yellow hat.
Mariners: MISSING-trident bp hat. ERROR-outline on road numbers (need more clarification here). Cream fauxbacks use incorrect logo on helmets.

NLE
Mets: ERROR-1964 throwback has Black drop shadow on numbers. Still using dugout coats from the black years. Missing helmet squatchee.
Nationals: ERROR-throwbacks should use navy socks and accessories.
Braves:MISSING-bp hat with tomahawk. ERROR-1970s uniforms should have white road pants rather than gray.
Marlins:ERROR-1995 throwback should be similar to 1993. Marlins Alt 1 all orange jersey should be paired with the white pants with the black piping not the orange piping as the game has it. The correct pants are under the Alt 2 black jersey but in the default setting they are incorrect. Marlins road gray jersey has a sleeve patch with the Marlins logo but with the center being black, it should be a Marlins logo with the center being white, exactly how it is on the black jersey. This was correct last year not sure why it's wrong this year. Marlins Home '95 jersey correctly has a black cap but should be paired with the all black batting helmet not the teal batting helmet. When the Marlins wore the black cap they always wore the black batting helmet. Marlins Road '95 jersey has the Florida wordmark, player names and numbers wrong. The O in the word Florida should be completely filled in white, not gray. The player names and both the numbers on the back and front of the jersey should not have a white outline they should be black with only a teal outline. The 93 road jersey is 100% correct and in 95 the team wore the exact same road jersey so the same jersey should be used here. The cap should not be all teal. It should be either all black or teal with black brim. Batting helmet should be all black regardless of which cap is worn.
Phillies: ERROR-throwback maroon hat should have white squatchee. Helmets shouldn't have squatchee.

NLC
Cardinals: MISSING- Road navy alternate hat. Sunday navy hat. ERROR-throwback pants should have red/white/blue stripes rather than blue piping.
Brewers:MISSING-bp hat with retro logo with yellow brim. ERROR-navy Brewer jersey uses royal socks rather than navy. 1970 jersey uses current font.
Cubs:MISSING-new bp hat with angry cub logo.
Reds:MISSING-new olive hat worn with camo jersey.
Pirates: ERROR- Sunday alternates have current font rather than block font. All older uniforms have current font rather than block font. MISSING-new brown hat worn with camo jersey.

NLW
Dodgers: ERROR-bp road hat should be gray.
Rockies:ERROR-both throwbacks have incorrect sleeve patches. See silver bullets post on page 20. 97 road should have wordmark in purple outlined in white. Helmets appear matte purple and should be black.
Diamondbacks:MISSING-red hat.
Padres: ERROR-bp hat should have triangle front panel like brown hat.
Giants: ERROR-1970s jersey uses current font.

SilverBullet1929 03-20-2017 06:42 AM

Re: Official 2017 uniform errors and omissions thread

Thankfully this thread should be much shorter this year!

breakfastcat 03-20-2017 11:22 AM

The Angels' belts should be red. In The Show they are black, but the team switched to red belts in 2014.

jgb3 03-20-2017 02:35 PM

see style guide /endthread

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

Factzzz 03-20-2017 03:15 PM

Jon Arbuckle 03-20-2017 03:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jgb3 (Post 2048744725)

Multiple unis have been tweaked this year so the style guide is clearly not the be-all and end-all of uni mistakes. There are also several peculiar TBTC choices. A good number of team slots are used for obscure unis (some of which are done wrong btw) whereas many TBTC unis that teams wear regularly are AWOL. This might be a licensing issue but it's certainly not style guide related.

Anyway, it's good to have a thread for this since bringing it up elsewhere seems to be a good way to get banned.

jgb3 03-20-2017 04:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jon Arbuckle (Post 2048744792)
Multiple unis have been tweaked this year so the style guide is clearly not the be-all and end-all of uni mistakes. There are also several peculiar TBTC choices. A good number of team slots are used for obscure unis (some of which are done wrong btw) whereas many TBTC unis that teams wear regularly are AWOL. This might be a licensing issue but it's certainly not style guide related.

Anyway, it's good to have a thread for this since bringing it up elsewhere seems to be a good way to get banned.

My apologies, Garfield rules

cherman24 03-20-2017 04:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jgb3 (Post 2048744725)

Did see it last year. Did you? Did still report errors and did debunk some myths, but thanks for the tip. I'll go ahead and keep this going for the rest of us. I'm going to hold off a bit with updates though until the game is in circulation. I'd like to see how things like the cards blue stuff on the road gets used, if the CPU selects an alt on the road but gets home pants, and if there's anything "hidden" like the fashion jerseys in madden. I swear I saw someone selecting a stars/stripes cap manually. The purpose here isn't to call out the devs or argue vs the guide. It's to say hey, this isn't what they do or where is this set they wear every Wednesday? It's to see if late changes made it like the Mets switching sleeve patches on the blue jersey.