Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Football (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=493)
-   -   Which do you prefer Offline or Online? (/forums/showthread.php?t=906638)

coach422001 06-16-2017 09:02 AM

Re: Which do you prefer Offline or Online?

offline only

K_GUN 06-16-2017 09:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jt2000 (Post 2048777829)
Just a question I was wondering about. The older I get I prefer offline and with a good slider set. I am getting tired of all the cheese online.

this is me.....i did online years ago....after a while--the chez became too much

i do have a friend in another part of the country that we play online--i enjoy that but the blind opponents....no thanks

sim leagues were/are cool but the scheduling became a chore...some leagues wanted 3 games in a week..i love gaming but not that much

mostly offline now

(Star Wars Battlefront is another story tho----LOVE that multiplayer online)

OhMrHanky 06-16-2017 09:49 AM

Offline. I've always just enjoyed playing any type of franchise mode vs CPU to win multiple Super Bowls with the Falcons.

I gave up online years ago with the cheese. I started playing FIFA online, because that experience is MUCH BETTER than madden. Lol. Simply due to the people going for it on 4th and 20 from their own 20 and whatnot. I've always wanted to play a more sim/real football experience, and that was hard to find online. I didn't care whether I won or lost, it was more about those types of decisions that bothered me. But FIFA. FIFA is just straight up soccer, and the controls/animations have been good enough for 5-8 years, I'd say. Less cheese is possible simply due to the nature of the game, I think. And, I've rarely had matches where more than 5 goals were scored. And, many matches I've played are 1-0, 2-0, 2-1, 0-0, etc. Meaning, the overall outcomes of most matches is realistic. So, FIFA is actually online only for me, lol, I don't even play franchise in that game at all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ForUntoOblivionSoar∞ 06-16-2017 10:12 AM

in
Quote:

Originally Posted by jt2000 (Post 2048777829)
Just a question I was wondering about. The older I get I prefer offline and with a good slider set. I am getting tired of all the cheese online.

If you have like minded individuals, online franchise is very fun. But in an online franchise it's still about competition, so in practice you have less room to experiment- not only because, for example, running an offense with a 90% passing ratio would probably cause you to lose as the opponents adjust, but also because such things are likely against the rules of your sim league Not only that, you can only control 1 team.

So, in a nutshell, I prefer both for different reasons, and use both for different play styles. Nothing beats going against true intelligence with a sim minded opponent, but there are limitations with online franchise due to league rules and the simple fact that you only can control one team.

Note: it is possible to find an online league that takes great pains to eliminate cheese, which seems to be the number one gripe. I get the feeling mamy people here have never played in a committed sim league.

ForUntoOblivionSoar∞ 06-16-2017 10:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by K_GUN (Post 2048873769)
this is me.....i did online years ago....after a while--the chez became too much

i do have a friend in another part of the country that we play online--i enjoy that but the blind opponents....no thanks

sim leagues were/are cool but the scheduling became a chore...some leagues wanted 3 games in a week..i love gaming but not that much

mostly offline now

(Star Wars Battlefront is another story tho----LOVE that multiplayer online)

You are right about scheduling for sim leagues. That is amother draw back, even if (as it is in my opinion) actually playing against sim players is the most fun the game gets.

But the reality is there are scheduling conflicts AND distance conflicts resulting in lag from time to time.

Godgers12 06-16-2017 10:17 AM

Online, and it's not even remotely close. All I play is online CFM, if you find the right one it's a blast. I cannot do offline at all, and haven't since 09 (last Madden that lacked an online franchise.) For 2 reasons, first and foremost, it just seems stale and lacks any resemblance of depth, unlike NBA 2K which has a ton of depth and immersion. Not to mention the roster management AI has been awful for going on 15 years now. Second, no matter where I put the sliders, if I wanted to I could drop 60-70 with 8 min QTR's every game. Playing the CPU just isn't challenging enough. Give me a great sim online CFM over an offline one all day every day and twice on Sunday.

Toupal 06-16-2017 10:28 AM

Offline. All of my friends that play madden have an XBOX.

charter04 06-16-2017 10:36 AM

Online mostly. Offline gets boring pretty quick for me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk