Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   MLB The Show (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=515)
-   -   MLB The Show 17 Team Provides Update to Server Issues, Online Franchises & More (/forums/showthread.php?t=907192)

jvalverde88 04-13-2017 05:39 PM

MLB The Show 17 Team Provides Update to Server Issues, Online Franchises & More

With the ongoing frustration many MLB The Show 17 fans have had online so far this year, the team has posted a quick update for the community.

While they have addressed a number of online gameplay issues, they continue to work on the outstanding issues, with plans to release a new patch soon.

Make sure to read the note below, as it contains some information on the queue process in general, online franchise changes to speed up the amount of time to process leagues and more. Due to the issues, the team promises to give in-game content to all of you, but no specifics have been announced yet.

Quote:

Our top priority every year with the MLB The Show franchise is to create the most authentic baseball game on the market. We push ourselves to include as many additions and improvements as possible, with the end goal of giving users an enjoyable experience across all game modes. We’re proud of so much that made it in this year, but we haven’t been satisfied with certain areas in The Show 17.

Since launch, we have identified and addressed a number of issues related to online gameplay – from freezes and hangs, to longer than normal wait times for the game processing queue. We’re still all hands on deck working to remedy outstanding issues.

There’s been some confusion about queue processing in general, and we’d like to provide insight into the changes we’ve made since launch to how the system works. When a game completes properly (i.e. both users finish to the end), scores should post quickly with no queue message. The back end has been refined to ensure the win/loss is updated immediately, but the rest of the stats from the game might take more time to process. When a game ends prematurely, due to a user disconnect or other abnormal action, the system is designed to take extra time to process, allowing the game to post correctly. In regards to the Online Franchise, changes are in place to help shorten the amount of time required to process leagues.

We have been and continue to work hard to resolve the remaining issues; a new patch is currently underway and we are committed to updating you as soon as we have new information to report. We appreciate all of the valuable feedback and reports the community has sent our way. Understandably, this can be a frustrating time for many of you, and in acknowledgement of that frustration we are planning to give in-game content to all of you. More info on that to come soon.

Thank you all for your patience. You are being heard, and we are truly grateful that we have such a passionate community.

Trackball 04-13-2017 05:48 PM

Re: Message from San Diego Studio

And to think, SOME users on here said San Diego Studio would just leave this game be and wait 'til next year.

Because that's "more profitable."

I can't stand cynics. Always looking for a reason to be sad.

Yay for us, and yay for the dev team!

BigOscar 04-13-2017 06:11 PM

Honestly, this is the message they should have sent out over a week ago. Just one message like this making sure the community knows you're listening to their complaints, trying to fix things and understand that it's been unacceptable. Could have made life a lot easier on themselves.

Good to see them properly acknowledge their mistakes though and making more of an effort to keep us in the loop. More of this please

oilersfan99 04-13-2017 06:24 PM

People are never satisfied. They post this and right away someone jumps on to say this should have been done a while ago. If they keep posting like people suggest, they will be told that they should spend less time posting and more time working on the game.

I know it's frustrating, I know it's not working right and I'm not happy about it either but I've used the time to try and build my team with game gotten stubs and missions and am looking forward to when it's ready to go online.

Nice to hear the content will be given, I would think it'll be a 20 pack for diamond dynasty but I'm ok with that. Something to say sorry is fine with me.

Good to hear they are addressing things though I had no doubt that they were

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk

Caulfield 04-13-2017 06:41 PM

message TO san diego studio

1 Attachment(s)
thanx SDS

Attachment 134099

looking forward to the next patch and tomorrows live roster update

p00p1 04-13-2017 07:13 PM

Would have been nice for them to acknowledge more than just the online issues. Here's hoping the next patch covers more than that.

countryboy 04-13-2017 07:19 PM

Message from San Diego Studio

Quote:

Originally Posted by p00p1 (Post 2048790491)
Would have been nice for them to acknowledge more than just the online issues. Here's hoping the next patch covers more than that.

They did. They mention working to resolve remaining issues and that they are working on another patch.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

parky_17 04-13-2017 07:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by p00p1 (Post 2048790491)

But the online issues are so bad right now they really need to get them sorted before anything else

Sent from my SM-G920F using Operation Sports mobile app