Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Racing (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   Project CARS 2 Scheduled to Release on September 22 - New Trailer (/forums/showthread.php?t=910087)

Steve_OS 06-08-2017 07:09 AM

Project CARS 2 Scheduled to Release on September 22 - New Trailer

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/EcJR5d-DJzs" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Project CARS 2 is scheduled to release for the Playstation 4, Xbox One and PC on September 22.
  • Over 170 licensed cars from the most iconic brands
  • The largest track roster of any console racing game including ice and dirt tracks
  • New vehicle types and motorsport classes including Rallycross, IndyCar, and Oval
  • Dynamic time of day, weather, and new seasonal conditions?
  • New Online Championships mode
  • LiveTrack 3.0 powers dynamic surface conditions that affect vehicle performance and handling, and evolves the track over the course of a race weekend?
  • Esports built-in from day one with full ranking, and broadcasting/streaming functionality
  • Bleeding-edge tire physics, advanced AI, and intuitive gamepad control
  • VR, 12K, 21:9, and triple-screen support built-in
Click here to view the article.

My993C2 06-08-2017 09:43 AM

Re: Project CARS 2 Scheduled to Release on September 22 - New Trailer

I have Project Cars 1 and play it with my Vive VR headset. While the original pCars game has it's warts, I never felt it was as bad as some made it out to be (I have real world racing experience). So I am cautiously optimistic that pCars 2 will be even better. Not sure if I will be buying it on day #1. But I likely will be picking up a copy for the PC at some point in time.

ODogg 06-08-2017 11:51 AM

First game was awesome but calibrating all the controls to get a car that didn't play like it was on ice was a bear, hoping that this new one is a lot better out of the box.

Ronoko 06-08-2017 02:41 PM

The first one had an 83 percent metacritic rating- though looked better on a pc with decent specs. But objectively I wouldn't call it a bad game by any stretch.*

Steve_OS 06-08-2017 05:01 PM

How was the VR in the game My993C2? Is it anything like Driveclub? I'm thinking about getting a Vive, but not sure it's even remotely worth it. PC2 looks amazing.

ODogg 06-08-2017 05:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ronoko (Post 2048863364)
The first one had an 83 percent metacritic rating- though looked better on a pc with decent specs. But objectively I wouldn't call it a bad game by any stretch.*

When I first sit down to play the cars drove like they were on ice when you went over about 50mph. It eventually was fixed with the help of OS tweakers by adjusting the joystick settings but still...

I thought it was an incredibly good game once I get my settings for how to drive the car but that took days; it shouldn't take that much tweaking IMO.

My993C2 06-09-2017 09:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steve_OS (Post 2048863518)
How was the VR in the game My993C2? Is it anything like Driveclub? I'm thinking about getting a Vive, but not sure it's even remotely worth it. PC2 looks amazing.

VR is awesome in pCars if you have a really good graphics card. VR in racing games is a game changer as you actually feel like you are in the cars. Sure the resolution with the Vive or the Rift VR headsets is not where we would like it to be. But the immersion of feeling like you are in the car trumps the less than ideal resolutions. Example, in VR you can actually look to the apex like you would in the real world and on a hairpin turn this really helps. I even went to the extent of installing a 5 point harness system on my sim rig. Not for safety of course, but because I was noticing without the harness, I was leaning into the turns and in a real world race car with harnesses, there is no leaning. It's all part of the immersion experience I guess.

But with that said, I would invest in a decent wheel + pedals with some sort of brake mod first before I invested in VR and the computer to run VR. To me driving with a console controller is just wrong. But that's just me.
:duck:

pk500 06-09-2017 10:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ODogg (Post 2048863523)
When I first sit down to play the cars drove like they were on ice when you went over about 50mph. It eventually was fixed with the help of OS tweakers by adjusting the joystick settings but still...

I thought it was an incredibly good game once I get my settings for how to drive the car but that took days; it shouldn't take that much tweaking IMO.

Agreed. I spent more time tweaking XB1 controller settings for PCars than any other driving game. But once I dialed in good settings, the game became sublime.

Eager for PCars 2. But don't count on developers Slightly Mad Studios to accept much input from gamers, especially if it's constructively critical. Studio head Ian Bell and his staff are the most arrogant and condescending developers toward the gaming community I've ever seen, and I go back to the Atari 2600 days.

Anyone who pointed out the myriad flaws, even politely, at the SMS forums about the XB1 version of PCars upon release was banned immediately and met with a dismissive reply from Bell or one of his minions.

I was one of those banned even though I couldn't have been more polite and constructive, and I was far from alone. And the multiple and necessary patches for the XB1 version of the game after release proved these flaws were real and constructive criticism was warranted.

SMS is a group of talented prats who make excellent games and need to grow thicker skin or go to charm school.