Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Football (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=493)
-   -   Leaked madden 18 e3 (/forums/showthread.php?t=910350)

roadman 06-21-2017 03:44 PM

Re: Leaked madden 18 e3

Quote:

Originally Posted by ODogg (Post 2048878948)
They have a schedule doesn't answer why their schedule is the way it is.

The only way we know is if we work there or they tell us why. I just don't see EA telling us why.

reverend_heat 06-21-2017 04:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by adembroski (Post 2048878938)
Most of them?

The only ones that don't are the ones that are announced with gameplay trailers.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Operation Sports mobile app

Most games haven't shown any gameplay 8 weeks from release? Lol ok

therealsmallville 06-21-2017 05:23 PM

Leaked madden 18 e3

Quote:

Originally Posted by reverend_heat (Post 2048878898)
There are pre-order ads all over the web, can anybody remember another company ever asking people to pre-order a game so aggressively without having ever released a single second of gameplay? It seems so strange to me, especially when by most accounts people who have had hands on seem entirely positive about it.

LOL, every single game ever has pre-orders go live as soon as the first trailer hits, if not sooner. We've had Kingdom Hearts 3 preordered since 2014, and also Final Fantasy 7 since the debut CGI trailer at E3 in 2015. This is pretty normal.

Also, they released a trailer for Madden already. It wasn't raw gameplay, but it still had gameplay in it (just highly edited). I'm not saying you should automatically pre-order it, but I do think panic mode is being entered too soon lol

Edit: I do see now you used the word "aggressively". While I can't say KH3 or FF7 have aggressive preorder ads, I will point to every Call of Duty and Assassins Creed title each year.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

therealsmallville 06-21-2017 05:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by reverend_heat (Post 2048879003)
Most games haven't shown any gameplay 8 weeks from release? Lol ok

We've seen gameplay tho. Edited, yes, but the trailer still had gameplay. We saw a pre-game stadium shot, pyrotechnics, Brady running on the field - all things we'll see in-game. Brown catching a TD, Elliot spinning out of a tackle, all the other random clips - gameplay. It's not raw, and the clips are from replays, but still gameplay.

reverend_heat 06-21-2017 06:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by therealsmallville (Post 2048879059)
LOL, every single game ever has pre-orders go live as soon as the first trailer hits, if not sooner. We've had Kingdom Hearts 3 preordered since 2014, and also Final Fantasy 7 since the debut CGI trailer at E3 in 2015. This is pretty normal.

Also, they released a trailer for Madden already. It wasn't raw gameplay, but it still had gameplay in it (just highly edited). I'm not saying you should automatically pre-order it, but I do think panic mode is being entered too soon lol

Edit: I do see now you used the word "aggressively". While I can't say KH3 or FF7 have aggressive preorder ads, I will point to every Call of Duty and Assassins Creed title each year.

You are missing the entire point of my post, it isn't that the pre orders went live after the Madden 18 announcement, it's that we are within about 8 weeks of release and we still haven't seen real gameplay. To prove my point further, NBA Live is showing gameplay today and comes out after Madden does, understand what I'm saying?

DeuceDouglas 06-21-2017 06:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by reverend_heat (Post 2048879133)
You are missing the entire point of my post, it isn't that the pre orders went live after the Madden 18 announcement, it's that we are within about 8 weeks of release and we still haven't seen real gameplay. To prove my point further, NBA Live is showing gameplay today and comes out after Madden does, understand what I'm saying?

I think they really want NBA Live to succeed so that's their priority at this point. They didn't work on CFM so they could work on their franchise and they seem to be on Madden's promotional plan. Last year we had all the Dev blogs in May and then a couple later in early June and they're not coming until July this year. And they allowed capturing at EAPlay last year which is why those videos came out so early while I believe this year they didn't allow any capturing at the event and instead are flying them out sometime in June or July for a capture event. I think Madden comes out like a month before NBA Live so they want to hype that up more because they know Madden will sell either way but they're probably going to get murdered by 2K in sales even with the comeback.

Brooke2011 06-21-2017 06:49 PM

I'd like people's opinion on this one. So the game footage leaked was on a Samsung 4k tv and on the Xbox one x. I know that EA play had madden on a Ben Q monitor on the Xbox one. What I'd like to know from someone that was at EA or has seen it first hand is how much of a difference was the Graphics and smoothness bewtween the two, if any.

this is the first year in a long time I can definitively tell between m17 and 18 . In years past ,I would need some sort of clue whether it was the insignia on the screen or maybe by the score banner.

So I'm hoping the graphical changes that we are seeing will hold true for the ps4 and Xbox one.

therealsmallville 06-21-2017 06:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by reverend_heat (Post 2048879133)

<checks thread>

<sees EA has not pulled copyright claims on "leaked videos>

<sees raw unedited gameplay>

The rest is marketing. If you don't "get it", that's not on EA man. EA knows their audience, and they know they will move units no matter what. Live has been a dead stick in the water for years, they HAVE to hype that one up.