Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Football (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=493)
-   -   Any news on QB pocket movement/scrambling? (/forums/showthread.php?t=910370)

83evans 06-14-2017 01:12 PM

Any news on QB pocket movement/scrambling?

This is literally the only thing that's a game killer from last year and I can't find anything on it. Is there more QB mobility and non scripted scrambling. I would love for player to actually juke and spin behind the LOS.

ForUntoOblivionSoar∞ 06-14-2017 01:20 PM

Re: Any news on QB pocket movement/scrambling?

Quote:

Originally Posted by 83evans (Post 2048871661)
This is literally the only thing that's a game killer from last year and I can't find anything on it. Is there more QB mobility and non scripted scrambling. I would love for player to actually juke and spin behind the LOS.

Don't know about that but I did see a leaked clip where the QB actually turned his shoulders to the WR running a route on the far left side of the field, then reset his feet and adjust his body toward the middle before throwing, which I don't recall ever seeing before.

83evans 06-14-2017 01:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ForUntoOblivionSoar∞ (Post 2048871678)
Don't know about that but I did see a leaked clip where the QB actually turned his shoulders to the WR running a route on the far left side of the field, then reset his feet and adjust his body toward the middle before throwing, which I don't recall ever seeing before.

Yeah last year the head would only move

Cowboy008 06-14-2017 01:38 PM

I'm hoping this year mobile cpu QB's will take off and scramble if people are covered and not just stand there waiting to get sacked.

Sucram7777 06-14-2017 02:01 PM

I want Scramblers to be so deadly, that if I don't devote a LB/Safety to spy on him - I get punished on those plays. if he senses pressure, I want him to at least try to get out of there and potentially make something from nothing.

I remember back in Madden 2004, Vick and McNabb (to a lesser degree) were a pain in the sack to deal with.

The lack of scrambling also broke the immersion for the seasonal stats as well. I remember one team had a Generated Rookie leading all QBs in rushing yards. Then I went to watch him play against the Browns, and he didn't scramble a single time; he just sat back there and took quite a few longshots down field.

Like the guy above me stated, when the pressure did show up - he just took the sack. So disappointing.

roadman 06-14-2017 02:14 PM

I'll just add there were times in Madden 17(still playing) that scrambling/running QB's raced out of the pocket to either take off and run or throw the ball.

It didn't happen all game long, but it did happen. The only way to achieve this was to put everything at default all pro for sliders.

I'm hoping with the statement that ratings will count means the scrambling out of pocket will happen more on sim mode.

BleedGreen710 06-14-2017 02:29 PM

I really wish they had a qb scramble frequency slider , it could solve this problem easily. back in the old maddens qb scrambling was too good, now its too weak. with a slider for this, users could find their happy medium.

extremeskins04 06-14-2017 03:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by roadman (Post 2048871745)
I'll just add there were times in Madden 17(still playing) that scrambling/running QB's raced out of the pocket to either take off and run or throw the ball.

It didn't happen all game long, but it did happen. The only way to achieve this was to put everything at default all pro for sliders.

I'm hoping with the statement that ratings will count means the scrambling out of pocket will happen more on sim mode.

Agreed. Although even QB's like Newton or Wilson wouldn't just start running on their own until they were about to get sacked. And even then it was more often than not that they would just take the sack.

I hope that if Russell Wilson sees no one open, he immediately just starts taking off so like Sucram said, it will force you to put a LB in spy mode when you face these mobile QB's or they'll punish you.