Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   MLB The Show (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=515)
-   -   Hitting after Lastest Patch (/forums/showthread.php?t=910987)

sgwrestler11 06-29-2017 08:21 AM

Hitting after Lastest Patch

Just a quick question... Is it me or since the lastest patch I feel hitting has become super easy.. I was getting 8 or 9 hits a game... Now I'm getting 13 to 14... I dunno if they moved the contact up, they slowed the pitches down on what... Trying to figure out how I want to go about fixing it.

kric9132 06-29-2017 08:48 AM

Re: Hitting after Lastest Patch

Quote:

Originally Posted by sgwrestler11 (Post 2048887075)
Just a quick question... Is it me or since the lastest patch I feel hitting has become super easy.. I was getting 8 or 9 hits a game... Now I'm getting 13 to 14... I dunno if they moved the contact up, they slowed the pitches down on what... Trying to figure out how I want to go about fixing it.

It feels like they lowered the power

Sent from my SM-G930V using Operation Sports mobile app

gman2774 06-29-2017 09:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kric9132 (Post 2048887096)
It feels like they lowered the power

Sent from my SM-G930V using Operation Sports mobile app

Me too. I'm having the opposite experience. My offensive power and contact rate has fallen off dramatically. So weird how people are having completely different experiences with this last patch. It feels like pitchers are throwing more balls and pitch speed feels a touch faster as well. That could be in my head but it feels that way. Impossible to settle into any sports game these days as patches effect gameplay each time they're released. Patches are certainly not the cure for slideritis that's for sure! :)

Sent from my iPad using Operation Sports

sgwrestler11 06-29-2017 09:52 AM

That's crazy!!! I finally got everything dialed into where I wanted it to be and they dropped another patch!!! GRRRR

enyc718 06-29-2017 10:30 AM

back to adjusting sliders.....

Baseball Purist 06-29-2017 11:13 AM

I think it's fair to say that hitting has changed considerably since initial release, and through all the various patches. It's made finding a groove with the hitting to be a challenge.

I'm currently going through a horrific slump hitting, and can't tell if it's the patch or just one of those "slumps" you go through in franchise. Getting multiple 1 hit games and virtually no XBH in a week or so. There's virtually no power behind any of my swings, and it's reflecting in my hit types.

videobastard 06-29-2017 11:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sgwrestler11 (Post 2048887075)

1.09 update improved hitting over the 1.08 nerfed update. 1.09 has better velocity with normal swings again.

mikep10 06-29-2017 11:24 AM

I feel like it plays more like a typical baseball game. I have a franchise going with one team in the AL and one in the NL and I feel as if after the last patch the game plays more realistic. I've played about 20-25 games since the last patch. Had a few games where both teams tore up the other teams pitching. Had a few where one side dominated the other. And I've had a few where both teams can't buy a hit. Felt good to have the normality.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk