Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Other Baseball Games (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=53)
-   -   Super Mega Baseball 2 Delayed Until Spring 2018 (/forums/showthread.php?t=912955)

Steve_OS 08-11-2017 10:10 PM

Super Mega Baseball 2 Delayed Until Spring 2018

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/44Fe-1_Xmz0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Originally scheduled to release this September, Metalhead Software has announced Super Mega Baseball 2 has been delayed until the spring of 2018, when the new baseball season arrives. Instead of cutting corners and releasing later this year, the team has decided to work on small features and pieces of content, like online features, defensive shifts and additional art components. It also gives the team more time to release a beta, test the game and get feedback.

With that said, Metalhead Software did release a new Super Mega Baseball 2 video, going over the lineup and roster management changes and improvements in the game.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/689AtbWlUbw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Click here to view the article.

Formula1Racing 08-11-2017 10:46 PM

Good move, no sense in releasing *it *if not ready. Besides, baseball season is almost over and people will be busy playing Madden and Basketball games....Smart move Metalhead.

JayhawkerStL 08-11-2017 11:09 PM

God move, but...

Boooooo!!!!!

Was really looking forward to this game. *But there are some other great sports games dropping. *Spring will be good.

Simple Mathematics 08-12-2017 06:54 AM

Re: Super Mega Baseball 2 Delayed Until Spring 2018

While it sucks that it is delayed, I think it will be better for the company. So many games are coming out in September and they would have struggled to be noticed amongst the powerhouses. But now that they are coming out in spring they won't have to compete with them. Good move.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

tril 08-12-2017 07:59 AM

knew this would happen. smart move on their part though. too many releases coming up.

jfsolo 08-12-2017 02:05 PM

For me this is awesome. If it had released this September, I probably wouldn't have bought it, not because I think it will be bad, but just because I know that I wouldn't play it because of the football and basketball games taking up all my attention. By the Spring, I'll probably be ready for something different, and of course the game will be much more polished too

inkcil 08-12-2017 04:05 PM

Was looking forward to this since I'm about to sell my PS4,,,now gotta wait for who knows how long,*

SandGropeR 08-12-2017 07:01 PM

Looking forward to it, it will be worth the wait hopefully