Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Football (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=493)
-   -   Target Passing In SIM Mode (/forums/showthread.php?t=913221)

howboutdat 08-16-2017 11:46 AM

Target Passing In SIM Mode

Ok, so we already know that using target passing in SIM Mode does not take into account the QBs accuracies. Now knowing that, im curious for one, and for two would like to see other peoples feeling on that who plan to play sim mode.

The reason is , they have said they can tune the separate playstyles separately, which was the entire reason for making them. So id like to see a vote only from those who plan to play SIM Mode please.

Do you think in Sim Mode, target passing should be tuned to take into account the QBs accuracies ? Meaning you cant throw a dot to a specific spot the same amount of times with a bad as you can with Rodgers,Brady,etc.

To me , when you say your making a mode to make attributes matter, that should be all the time, for each position. So im curious here, what others here think , should they look to tune it in SIM Mode only. Personally i think so.

*ill be sure to tweet this poll to Rex after launch with the results.

Alfie 08-16-2017 11:58 AM

Re: Target Passing In SIM Mode

IMO along with QB Accuracy, Target Passing should also factor in WR 'Awareness' and 'Route Running' attributes.

Brady or Rodgers trying o complete a Target Pass to a 3rd stringer should be much more difficult than trying to throw a pass to Gronk or Jordy Nelson.

T4VERTS 08-16-2017 11:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by howboutdat (Post 2048949187)
Ok, so we already know that using target passing in SIM Mode does not take into account the QBs accuracies. Now knowing that, im curious for one, and for two would like to see other peoples feeling on that who plan to play sim mode.

The reason is , they have said they can tune the separate playstyles separately, which was the entire reason for making them. So id like to see a vote only from those who plan to play SIM Mode please.

Do you think in Sim Mode, target passing should be tuned to take into account the QBs accuracies ? Meaning you cant throw a dot to a specific spot the same amount of times with a bad as you can with Rodgers,Brady,etc.

To me , when you say your making a mode to make attributes matter, that should be all the time, for each position. So im curious here, what others here think , should they look to tune it in SIM Mode only. Personally i think so.

*ill be sure to tweet this poll to Rex after launch with the results.

I'm not sure it is something actually "tuneable". I am curious if the mechanic was built with any reference point and it's just off or if it is simply point the ball throw the ball. If it wasn't built with a hook for ratings I am not sure there is anything that could be done about it this year.

howboutdat 08-16-2017 11:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alfie (Post 2048949216)
IMO along with QB Accuracy, Target Passing should also factor in WR 'Awareness' and 'Route Running' attributes.

Brady or Rodgers trying o complete a Target Pass to a 3rd stringer should be much more difficult than trying to throw a pass to Gronk or Jordy Nelson.

While i totally agree with you, realistically i think we would be lucky to get it tuned to just make target passing take into account 1 thing at this point. But i do agree that would be much more realistic.

michapop9 08-16-2017 12:02 PM

Absolutely it should. Just like combined awareness of o-line dictates blitz pick up, I think combined awareness of wr and QB should dictate how the wr reacts to an off route target pass.

So yes to accuracy ratings as well as wr+QB awareness rating.

T4VERTS 08-16-2017 12:02 PM

With what I said above aside, I do think it should be tied to the accuracy ratings. I was just pointing out that I am not sure it's possible. Would be interesting to hear a comment on that from Rex.

therealsmallville 08-16-2017 12:02 PM

I'm looking forward to trying it before jumping on the 'makes every QB the same' wagon. I know it doesn't take some ratings into account, but I've seen passes go pretty far off target & uncatchable while using the neutral target passing (I think that's it...the one that isn't tied to any receiver). I'll come back after I've used it [emoji1303]

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

NDAlum 08-16-2017 12:03 PM

If anyone votes no I just want to say we can't be friends