Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   EA Sports UFC (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=535)
-   -   What EA Sports UFC 3 could learn from Undisputed 3 (#1) - Training (MartialMind) (/forums/showthread.php?t=913307)

TheUFCVeteran 08-17-2017 01:39 PM

What EA Sports UFC 3 could learn from Undisputed 3 (#1) - Training (MartialMind)

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/wjXs7YvgylY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Man I forgot how vast and expansive UD3's training system was. I've never actually looked at the glossary but I might fire it back up and flick through.

Trillz 08-17-2017 03:40 PM

Re: What EA Sports UFC 3 could learn from Undisputed 3 (#1) - Training (MartialMind)

Yh its really good but it doesnt need to be that expansive in my opinion. Ea ufc 2 was bad and Undisputed 3 was great but knowing EA they wont adjust their resource time correctly and spend too much time on it. If they can find the median then that would be great.

bmlimo 08-17-2017 04:05 PM

Re: What EA Sports UFC 3 could learn from Undisputed 3 (#1) - Training (MartialMind)

clinch ground and subs need to be expansive do much things that can do but the game doesn't explani

MarkCalloway 08-17-2017 11:10 PM

Very underrated series if you ask me, it was on par with Fight Night and far exceeded EA UFC in terms of gameplay.

fishingtime 08-17-2017 11:21 PM

EA needs to do that, and put it online. We need an online gym to train with other players.

Dave_S 08-18-2017 04:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MarkCalloway (Post 2048952957)
Very underrated series if you ask me, it was on par with Fight Night and far exceeded EA UFC in terms of gameplay.

Underrated? Not around here, lol. I think I'm the only person here I've seen say negative things abouts it.

(I know dude is banned, but maybe he's lurking)

Malaach 08-18-2017 05:40 AM

This is exactly what I suggested EA should learn from. I used that feature in Undisputed 2009-Undisputed 3 to train myself by placing myself in different situations. Being able to seemlessly change positions via the pause menu and AI behavior is a great way to understand the game.

Maybe you're having a hard time with defending takedowns or clinch. Set the CPU to grapple only and spar until you get a feel of when to defend.

Having a hard time reading how to offensively deny a transition while grappling or a specific position? Make it easy by going to the position table and selecting any position you want to focus on in the practice mode.

Not sure of what transitions, trips/ and slams you have available? Go to the position table or move list to see everything your fighter has available.

EA UFC 1 & 2 lacked a good tutorial and practice mode.
I can't say how many people still didn't understand the ground game, the clinch, subs, etc etc, but from what I've seen alot off people I fought in EA UFC 2 could not stop the clinch, or had trouble getting back to their feet or just couldn't stop slams or trips.

UFC Undisputed went into so much detail that it also showed you what moves looked like when it is successful, failed/denied, or reversed. Not that it's needed but it give the player a good idea of what the animations look like. Animations in EA UFC 2 played a big role in the grapple system because it effected what direction you needed to complete yours or deny your opponents.

In Undisputed the practice mode gave you multiple scenarios offensively and defensively to work on. I used to turn on the rocked setting to understand how many shots you can take before you get dropped, Ko'd or before the ref steps in.

There's alot of things EA could learn from the UFC Undisputed series. Game modes, Tutorials, Mechanics, such as transitions on a rocked opponent. Moves such as cage positions, single leg cage, double leg cage, standing back side control cage, half guard seated cage. Takedowns attempted near a cage getting stopped because the cage stopped the drive leading it into a single leg or double leg cage position. Corner Advice if you're doing good, or bad and what you should do to change/ adapt in the fight.

THQ had some nice looking training in career by having guys that had mits, boxing gloves, head gear, shin guards. Those little details added to the feel and presentation of the game.
UFC Undisputed had the best presentation to represent A PPV Event. If EA could do this it would add that much more to the detail for it's presentation.

In UFC Undisputed 3 each fighter stance had its own unique block animations where as in EA UFC 1 & 2 there is only one block animation/ type. It should not be this way. People like Shogun Rua, Rampage Jackson, Anderson Silva, Nick Diaz, to name a few all have their own unique way they block, Bobby green uses a boxing Philly shell to block strikes. We need more block types and animations in EA UFC 3.

There's things EA could learn from EA MMA as well for career mode add small organizations to fight in, it shouldn't just be the TUF then the UFC. We should be able to train in various places across the world, inside locations outside locations. Inside an octagon, a hexagon, circle cage, inside a ring. Training on some wrestling/ BJJ Matts.

Who wouldn't want to go to Ireland or England and box working stand up in a boxing ring decked out in England or Ireland colors. Or work on some BJJ in Brazil on some Brazilian colored matts. Maybe we want to work on our Muy Thai let us train in a Thailand ring outside like EA MMA had.
But why not go a step above for presentation and let our fighter have an attire on that corresponds to the training we're doing. If we are working on our hands we should be in boxing gear, working on BJJ, put us in a GI.

Just some ideas to add to the depth of EA's game. Not a must.

Floyd99 08-18-2017 09:28 AM

I LOVED Undisputed!!!!!! My favorite game series. I used to have like 6-8 people over and we would all take turns playing and cheering each other on. Good times!!!!

Unfortunately I tried the same thing with EA UFC 2 but all we could do is laugh at the game and turn it off. Not fun.