Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   MLB The Show (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=515)
-   -   Best way to create a team from free agents (/forums/showthread.php?t=913363)

buggs1a 08-18-2017 07:05 AM

Best way to create a team from free agents

I use Boston. I want to add all the legend free agents to my team. So far I have started a new franchise and and want to get rid of all a ball players. Move aa to a. Aaa to aa. MLB to aaa. Put legend free agents on MLB and ones that don't fit to aaa. How do I do this? I've tried with always having to release players and using options and waivers etc but the game tells mE I have too many on waivers or whatever and won't let me get rid of enough players.

If I create from scratch create new roster I don't have contracts for any players and run into problems with the game putting players on waivers or something.

So how do I do this? Please help. I've been at this for weeks trying to figure it out.

hock0413 08-18-2017 06:47 PM

Re: Best way to create a team from free agents

Couldn't you put the players on your team before starting a franchise and then just edit the contracts?

buggs1a 08-19-2017 03:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hock0413 (Post 2048954559)
Couldn't you put the players on your team before starting a franchise and then just edit the contracts?

I never thought of that. How would I go about this? Create the Roster first. Then save. Then start a new franchise with that roster. Then edit contracts? I don't know how this is done.

jada855 08-20-2017 08:18 AM

Bugga1a,

It sounds like you need to do the following.

1. Download latest OSFM roster.

2. Load roster without starting a new Franchise.

3. Use Roster Control-Player Movement to edit the team you want by replacing Legends in the Free Agents section with real MLB players.

4. Save roster and start a new Franchise.

buggs1a 08-20-2017 07:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jada855 (Post 2048956645)
Bugga1a,

It sounds like you need to do the following.

1. Download latest OSFM roster.

2. Load roster without starting a new Franchise.

3. Use Roster Control-Player Movement to edit the team you want by replacing Legends in the Free Agents section with real MLB players.

4. Save roster and start a new Franchise.

Thanks. I figured it all out but it took hrs to do. Sheesh.