Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   NBA 2K Basketball (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=497)
-   -   Getting Good Shots (/forums/showthread.php?t=994060)

HartmanTeets6 11-04-2021 11:07 AM

Getting Good Shots

Any tips for getting good shots? I basically just run a pick n roll everytime and either hit the roller for a dunk/layup or come off the pick looking to get to the rim and dish out if help defense comes. I don't do anything with playcalling, but I'm open to the idea. I'd like to be able to get better open jumpers because I don't like spamming Horford/Williams rolling to the rim, but I can't get any open jumpers 1 on 1. Tips!?

MakaveliLPC 11-04-2021 11:19 AM

Re: Getting Good Shots

Quote:

Originally Posted by HartmanTeets6 (Post 2050501431)
Any tips for getting good shots? I basically just run a pick n roll everytime and either hit the roller for a dunk/layup or come off the pick looking to get to the rim and dish out if help defense comes. I don't do anything with playcalling, but I'm open to the idea. I'd like to be able to get better open jumpers because I don't like spamming Horford/Williams rolling to the rim, but I can't get any open jumpers 1 on 1. Tips!?

Pindowns make it easy to get open looks. But if you're having trouble, I suggest just turning play calling to Auto, and also turn on the play art. I use the full+lite option I think it's called

CujoMatty 11-04-2021 02:41 PM

Floppy quick play is almost like a cheat code for open threes.

AIRJ23 11-04-2021 04:29 PM

I just turn down jumper defensive strength settings to 30. Creating shots is way too hard in this game so that balances it out and opens it up.

Smallville102001 11-05-2021 02:20 AM

2 main things come to mind and I am not the most skilled player either.

1. Auto play calling. I had it off for a long time but my offensive was to up and down. Thing with play calling on is even if you don't like follow the play to a t it does create more off ball movement and that gives my a better chance of getting a good look.

2. Jump shot strength at takeoff and release turn the slider down. At 50 its about impossible to hit a shot that is contested at all. I am playing with it at 25 right now.

trxalboy 11-06-2021 02:41 AM

Flare screens are a reciepe for easy, clean, good shots. Quick 12, 21, 4 Horns, are all examples of great flare screens that result in open shots.