Home

Crazy/Weird/Gross experiences at games

This is a discussion on Crazy/Weird/Gross experiences at games within the Pro Baseball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Pro Baseball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-15-2008, 03:58 PM   #1
Go Wings!

OVR: 41
Crazy/Weird/Gross experiences at games

I went to the Brewers at Padres spring training game yesterday (it's a couple miles from where I live, quick drive). Game was fun and everything, but before the game was something just messed up.

A old guy was sitting in the seat right to the left of me, one row in front of me. He's got some paper out to write down what happened in the game (keep score, etc). He's just sitting there, and then randomly starts puking next to him, also getting the back of the woman in the row down, along with coating the back of her seat with vomit.

He covered the bottom half of his sheet for keeping score with puke, it was dripping from his nose. The woman he puked on left, got a t-shirt and then came back and the rest of her group moved elsewhere. They had someone come and mop up the puke.

Here's the truly weird part. The old guy NEVER left his seat. He coated his hand with puke (I saw it glistening), and the only things he did was to a) tear off the puke covered half of his sheet and put it under the seat, and b) take out a handkerchief and wipe off his hands and face.

He seriously just sat there the entire game with puke residue on him. Just weird and messed up.

Anyways, I just had to share that, it blew my mind. I figured it was a good reason to hear all the messed up stories you guys have. Fights, people acting dumb, whatever.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-15-2008, 04:09 PM   #2
Titans Era has begun.

HealyMonster's Arena

OVR: 31
Re: Crazy/Weird/Gross experiences at games

LMFAO, i would have litterally peed if i saw that. people falling and throwing up i laugh hysterically at for some reason.
Old 03-15-2008, 04:52 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 4

Funniest thing I've ever heard, no one will be able to top that!
Old 03-15-2008, 06:09 PM   #4
Stop! Homer Time!

theaub's Arena

OVR: 35

When I went to the International Bowl a couple years ago, this guy was incredibly drunk by the time the game started. When Cincinnati scored, the guy took a swig of beer, and just spit it straight up in the air (think HHH with the water bottle). It landed right on this family of four behind him, who left to get security. It must've taken them awhile to find someone, since by the time they came back it was the second quarter. Anyhow the following conversation occurs:

Security Guard: Sir, were you spitting beer on anyone?
Guy: Not since the first quarter!
Security Guard: OK *turns and walks away*

The family is just standing there with the biggest WTF look on their face, and the guy's friends + everyone else are just on the ground laughing. In the end they just left. I sort of felt bad, but it was one of the funniest things I've ever seen.

As for baseball, I was at a Toronto/Baltimore game about 6 years ago (so when I was 12) and Jay Gibbons hit an absolute bomb foul into the 500 level (upper deck at Skydome). Since the Jays suck, no one sits up there so the ball bounced around and eventually bounced down to the lower level. As I was coming down the aisle with some food, I see the ball falling. I put the food down and go into a bit of a sprint to get down there. Just as some guy reaches out for it, I leap and somehow snag it. As I land, I turn around and see this guy giving me the biggest death stare I've ever seen. I think the guy was homeless, he had the scruffy beard, ripped t-shirt and everything. For the next ten minutes, the guy just was staring me down.

At the end of the inning, the guy gets up to leave, and he took my food (which I forgot to go back and get) and left. I had the ball, but I was still pissed
Old 03-15-2008, 06:42 PM   #5
All Star

nyisles16's Arena

OVR: 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by theaub
When I went to the International Bowl a couple years ago, this guy was incredibly drunk by the time the game started. When Cincinnati scored, the guy took a swig of beer, and just spit it straight up in the air (think HHH with the water bottle). It landed right on this family of four behind him, who left to get security. It must've taken them awhile to find someone, since by the time they came back it was the second quarter. Anyhow the following conversation occurs:

Security Guard: Sir, were you spitting beer on anyone?
Guy: Not since the first quarter!
Security Guard: OK *turns and walks away*

The family is just standing there with the biggest WTF look on their face, and the guy's friends + everyone else are just on the ground laughing. In the end they just left. I sort of felt bad, but it was one of the funniest things I've ever seen.

As for baseball, I was at a Toronto/Baltimore game about 6 years ago (so when I was 12) and Jay Gibbons hit an absolute bomb foul into the 500 level (upper deck at Skydome). Since the Jays suck, no one sits up there so the ball bounced around and eventually bounced down to the lower level. As I was coming down the aisle with some food, I see the ball falling. I put the food down and go into a bit of a sprint to get down there. Just as some guy reaches out for it, I leap and somehow snag it. As I land, I turn around and see this guy giving me the biggest death stare I've ever seen. I think the guy was homeless, he had the scruffy beard, ripped t-shirt and everything. For the next ten minutes, the guy just was staring me down.

At the end of the inning, the guy gets up to leave, and he took my food (which I forgot to go back and get) and left. I had the ball, but I was still pissed
ROFL !! that's almost like the time I dropped a foul ball at Yankee Stadium (bumped my friend going to stand up, so my hands were not right to catch a ball & bounced off my knuckles), only to have a dude who had three fingers pick up the ball (and yes, he mocked me the whole game)..

going to the bathroom at Rich Stadium (Buffalo Bills) was an experience - no urinals - just a trough- like set up... ugh!

went to a Rochester Red Wings game (at the time, the O's farm team) and having the mascot start waving at me during the game - turned out to be a classmate of mine at college..
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-15-2008, 07:05 PM   #6
Mr. Brightside

Acid's Arena

OVR: 52

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyisles16
went to a Rochester Red Wings game (at the time, the O's farm team) and having the mascot start waving at me during the game - turned out to be a classmate of mine at college..
But we all live in denial
Old 03-16-2008, 07:04 PM   #7
CMH
Making you famous

CMH's Arena

OVR: 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyisles16

Did you recognize this person?

I mean seriously. What was running through their mind if they were wearing a giant mascot uniform?
"It may well be that we spectators, who are not divinely gifted as athletes, are the only ones able to truly see, articulate and animate the experience of the gift we are denied. And that those who receive and act out the gift of athletic genius must, perforce, be blind and dumb about it -- and not because blindness and dumbness are the price of the gift, but because they are its essence." - David Foster Wallace

"You'll not find more penny-wise/pound-foolish behavior than in Major League Baseball." - Rob Neyer
Old 03-16-2008, 11:38 PM   #8
Pro

OVR: 6

One of my craziest experiences at a game was in 2000 at a Lions game vs the Redskins. Me being a Skins fan in Michigan am among the minority and when I went to the bathroom to take a piss, the entire bathroom starting chanting "Foreskins suck!". When I went back to my seat I was lucky enough to have another Skins fan next to me and there was this guy down the aisle with a Lions Paw. He spent a good 80% of the game just concentrating on us pointing his paw at us and growling. It was great.

For baseball it was at a Tigers game in 2003 vs the Pirates. My friend and I got tix about 3 rows up in the outfield and Comerica was empty. Every 3rd inning there was this guy in the luxury boxes that would come out and just yell at the top of his lungs "Brian Giles you SUCK" and that would get a bigger response than anything else that happened during the game.
NBA - Detroit Pistons
NHL - Washington Capitals
NCAA - Virginia Cavaliers
NCAA - Arkansas Razorbacks
NCAA - Michigan St Spartans

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Pro Baseball »