Home

MLB.TV - Major League Baseball online

This is a discussion on MLB.TV - Major League Baseball online within the Pro Baseball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Pro Baseball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-22-2013, 10:40 AM   #841
Hall Of Fame

dochalladay32's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: MLB.TV - Major League Baseball online

The only time I've ever had problems on PS3 was the first day or two of the season, and then nothing after that. Now I was wired back the last time I got MLB.tv, but with Fios, not seeing how being on Wifi even would be an issue with the router they gave and the speeds I get. I'm going to be out of town the next week so I'm not buying MLB.tv until the season starts so I can test it then, but I doubt I'll have any major issues.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-22-2013, 06:16 PM   #842
Pro

OVR: 24

I'll take the so-called inferiority of the PS3 app over paying every month just to use the internet on an Xbox.

But I haven't had any problems at all since early 2011.
Old 03-23-2013, 11:04 AM   #843
Hall Of Fame

dochalladay32's Arena

OVR: 21

Decided to log in since they have a free game of the day. Couldn't get the 2013 schedule to show up, but MLB's own schedules are messed up today. Click on scoreboard and you get a blank page basically.

Works now that the games are going. Watching Toronto. No buffering. At least near-HD quality. I'll have to compare to Fios during the first week of the season, but I imagine it is about as good. No buffering unlike NHL Gamecenter.

Last edited by dochalladay32; 03-23-2013 at 01:33 PM.
Old 03-26-2013, 03:22 AM   #844
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobhead
I'll take the so-called inferiority of the PS3 app over paying every month just to use the internet on an Xbox.

But I haven't had any problems at all since early 2011.
That was the final nail in the coffin. I am a poor college student and I already pay the price to access the content. I shouldn't be forced to pay another fee just to access the app. Microsoft lost my money.

Anyone having picture quality issues? My internet connection is plenty fast: it varies widely from about 15Mbps to 30Mbps depending on the time of day (I pay for 15 and get a bonus during the night when their servers are light on traffic). I will get their highest stream for about a minute or two and it will drop down into the blockest stream they have. After about 30 seconds it slowly makes its way back up where it drops again. Driving me nuts and I have the connection to fuel their HD content. Is it just their servers with the beginning of the season? I get that they really don't have a way to test their system out before people start paying and I understand if its going to take a few weeks to get fixed. I can live with that...
Old 03-27-2013, 11:40 AM   #845
Rookie

OVR: 0

Im on the PS3 and my MLB.tv app updated to 4.0 last night. Since then I only see the logo and a spinning blue circle. after that the I see a black screen and then the PS3 freezes. I cant use my controller or anything. I have to hit the button on the PS3 itself to shut it off.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-27-2013, 01:57 PM   #846
[Player 1]

thaSLAB's Arena

OVR: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by masprague
Im on the PS3 and my MLB.tv app updated to 4.0 last night. Since then I only see the logo and a spinning blue circle. after that the I see a black screen and then the PS3 freezes. I cant use my controller or anything. I have to hit the button on the PS3 itself to shut it off.
Have you tried uninstalling/reinstalling the app?

Speaking of the update, I'm really digging the new layout and theme. It's even letting me watch the ESPN televised Tigers/Phillies game on MLB.tv.

-- Sent from the Future...

YouTube

Old 03-27-2013, 03:32 PM   #847
Rookie

OVR: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by thaSLAB
Speaking of the update, I'm really digging the new layout and theme. It's even letting me watch the ESPN televised Tigers/Phillies game on MLB.tv.
Woah. That would be awesome if that continues during the regular season.
Mass Effect
Old 03-27-2013, 04:45 PM   #848
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by masprague
Same here

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Pro Baseball »