Home

MLB.TV - Major League Baseball online

This is a discussion on MLB.TV - Major League Baseball online within the Pro Baseball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Pro Baseball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-29-2013, 09:20 AM   #865
MVP

jkra0512's Arena

OVR: 31
Re: MLB.TV - Major League Baseball online

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pflanni583
I had this problem happen and I fixed it by changing my DNS address In my ps3 network settings to 8.8.8.8. See if that helps you.
I have NO IDEA how that helped, but my system can now connect to MLBtv without freezing. Thank you!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-29-2013, 04:33 PM   #866
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pflanni583
I had this problem happen and I fixed it by changing my DNS address In my ps3 network settings to 8.8.8.8. See if that helps you.
I'll try it when I get time later this afternoon.

(Edit) Completely surprised. I was very skeptical when I was doing it but it worked! Changed the Primary (left the secondary alone) DNS to 8.8.8.8 and the app loads, logs in, plays video and is fine with restarting. Extremely curious as to why it worked...

(Edit 2) The app seems to have some pretty big bugs still from what I can see. The YES-HD feed of the Yankees game always (even when selecting resume) starts at the beginning and seems to lock out any controls but back. PARK NAT audio is empty with no sound, and there doesn't seem to be a way to make the event settings stick. I don't want to view every strikeout and hit. I just want big plays to be on there but when I uncheck strikeouts and hits they come back when I load the video feed back up. I'm not sure if I am doing things wrong but its 3-4 steps to get to the game schedule (press triangle twice, go all the way to the left, go down and select an option twice). Animations also seem to be less smooth with loading times increased and it feels like the PS3 is choking up (pun intended). The video quality actually looks like it may have taken a slight hit as well but I need to spend more time before a judgement is made. Lastly the newest multimedia remote is rendered useless because the ENTER button does not work. Might as well use the controller.

Last edited by atlantabaseball.nut; 03-29-2013 at 06:31 PM.
Old 03-29-2013, 09:26 PM   #867
Just started!

OVR: 0

Totally agree with the comment about the remote. Can't use Enter on the Bluray remote. Tried to found a quick way to map the Enter Key as X, but no luck.

Also, if you switch from the TV audio to the Radio audio, it has to buffer, then it sends the game back to the beginning. The old app, it was a seamless switch.

Annoying.
Old 03-29-2013, 09:38 PM   #868
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by munnlete
Totally agree with the comment about the remote. Can't use Enter on the Bluray remote. Tried to found a quick way to map the Enter Key as X, but no luck.

Also, if you switch from the TV audio to the Radio audio, it has to buffer, then it sends the game back to the beginning. The old app, it was a seamless switch.

Annoying.
I use my Harmony remote (when the dongle attachment is working correctly). Despite the half-second lag, everything else is pretty good.
Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / SVS SB-2000 / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Audio-Technica ATH-R70x / Sony PS3 & PS4 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 / Panamax M5400-PM / Elgato HD60
Old 03-30-2013, 02:30 AM   #869
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by munnlete

Annoying.
Noticed that too. Also if you change the video feed it sends you right back to the beginning. Another thing that would be funny if I wasn't paying for this is the 'help' section has the wrong buttons mapped. For example X does not stop the game but start does yet there isn't anything mapped to start according to their help. Select in the game is supposed to bring up the calendar but it doesn't. Several other buttons seemed to be off as well. The feature I really, really wanted and hoped this update would provide was the 30 second rewind button for your own instant replay that is included in the awful web player. Seems like an update is mandatory for those not able to even get in and then an overhaul on their overhaul to fix their bugs. Or they just go back to the old app .

(Edit)It looks like Sony ditched the 4.0 update. People are no longer required to update. I wonder if I was to reinstall it if it would put the old version back on. When I was troubleshooting it the app would install the old version and then force me to update.

(Edit 2) It worked. Uninstalling and then installing from the channels store brought me right into the old app without any mention of an update. Seems Sony got the hint that it was a very poor app.

(Edit 3) Seems like Sony screwed up the old app. I can't access the current season now. This is utter BS. I want a refund and payment for the hours I have put into trying to fix this piece of garbage.

(Edit 4) Sorry for all of the edits. Changing the DNS back to Auto pulled the 2013 season back. Still doesn't change the fact that they should give some sort of refund for the people who have been without baseball for 5 days now.

Last edited by atlantabaseball.nut; 03-30-2013 at 04:10 PM.
Old 03-30-2013, 09:21 PM   #870
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

OVR: 55

Okay, well it's a good thing that I'm able to look at the PS3 version's kinks right now, because currently it's a mess. Invisibly traversing through innings, thousands of buttons to get to the screen of games without exiting your own, and worst of all... game stats that don't update as you watch it, but rather as they happened in real life.

I hope this gets worked out very soon, because these controls will be scary for someone like me who can't watch a lot of games live and doesn't want to be spoiled.
Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / SVS SB-2000 / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Audio-Technica ATH-R70x / Sony PS3 & PS4 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 / Panamax M5400-PM / Elgato HD60
Old 03-30-2013, 10:54 PM   #871
MVP

On the eve of the start of the 2013 regular season, add me to the list of new subscribers.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-31-2013, 07:05 AM   #872
Hall Of Fame

dochalladay32's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by thaSLAB
Have you tried uninstalling/reinstalling the app?

Speaking of the update, I'm really digging the new layout and theme. It's even letting me watch the ESPN televised Tigers/Phillies game on MLB.tv.

-- Sent from the Future...
Spring training games aren't blacked out. I've watched Philly while in Delaware and Colorado in Denver the past week. You won't get ESPN or Fox games starting today.

I haven't updated the app yet, but this is nothing new. I've always seen issues the first few days of the season with it. They always get them fixed (shouldn't have been a problem to begin with), so I don't worry too much. With hockey still going, worse case is I put the NHL on the PS3 and watch MLB on my laptop if I have issues. Maybe I'll have a magic PS3...

Edit: I logged on and didn't have to update my PS3 MLB.TV app, still looks the same as it has the past few years. Watching the Blue Jays/Phils from yesterday with no issues and has the Texas @ Houston game listed for tonight. Not sure why some of you guys had to update.

Last edited by dochalladay32; 03-31-2013 at 10:37 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Pro Baseball »