Home

MLB.TV - Major League Baseball online

This is a discussion on MLB.TV - Major League Baseball online within the Pro Baseball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Pro Baseball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-18-2012, 08:47 AM   #657
Glory to the Brave!

Guffers's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: MLB.TV - Major League Baseball online

Does anybody else have problems with vastly different bandwith results? In the morning I can pull 4.8mbps from the MLB TV servers and stream HD games with zero issue. Then during the evening I can only get around 500kbps and the games look like an internet video from 1995, if they work at all. My actual internet connection is stable at 6-8mbps around the clock.

I'm assuming this is because I'm in Australia but I'm considering cancelling my subscription because during the hours I want to actually watch a game I can't. It's very frustrating to have it working perfectly at one time and then horribly at another.

What is the customer service like? Would there actually be anything they could do to help me?
Old 06-18-2012, 07:00 PM   #658
Pro

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guffers
Does anybody else have problems with vastly different bandwith results? In the morning I can pull 4.8mbps from the MLB TV servers and stream HD games with zero issue. Then during the evening I can only get around 500kbps and the games look like an internet video from 1995, if they work at all. My actual internet connection is stable at 6-8mbps around the clock.

I'm assuming this is because I'm in Australia but I'm considering cancelling my subscription because during the hours I want to actually watch a game I can't. It's very frustrating to have it working perfectly at one time and then horribly at another.

What is the customer service like? Would there actually be anything they could do to help me?
You live alone? No one else is using your internet in your house at this time right? And you aren't surfing the internet excessively at the same time as trying to watch these feeds?
Old 06-19-2012, 12:53 AM   #659
Glory to the Brave!

Guffers's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobhead
You live alone? No one else is using your internet in your house at this time right? And you aren't surfing the internet excessively at the same time as trying to watch these feeds?
Thanks for the reply. No I make sure that the connection is free, turning off any programs that are using the net and even shutting off my PC entirely if I'm watching on my ipad.

I'm assuming it's excessive internet traffic coming into Australia at that time of night. This afternoon I've done the bandwith check and I'm getting 3.7mbps so I should be able to watch the Mets game at least.
Old 06-19-2012, 11:32 AM   #660
Pro

OVR: 24

Actually the reason I asked is because I have the same problems sometimes. It seems like from around 7-10 EST I have a higher chance of having bandwidth problems. Shutting down all other internet use helps a lot, but I still get random delays and temporary fuzziness. I too have an internet speed of about 6 mbps.
Old 06-20-2012, 04:21 AM   #661
Glory to the Brave!

Guffers's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobhead
Actually the reason I asked is because I have the same problems sometimes. It seems like from around 7-10 EST I have a higher chance of having bandwidth problems. Shutting down all other internet use helps a lot, but I still get random delays and temporary fuzziness. I too have an internet speed of about 6 mbps.
Yeah it's a frustrating one. It's 6pm here and I'm getting around 2mbps which is much better than last night but still not good enough for a HD feed. I'm going to monitor speeds each night for a week or two and see if it's worth renewing my subscription next month.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-06-2012, 08:41 PM   #662
Banned

daflyboys's Arena

OVR: 27

Anyone else getting very inconsistent signal tonight? Sux.
Old 07-08-2012, 10:29 PM   #663
LETS GO METS!!!

Sheamazin's Arena

OVR: 29

I have MLB.tv on the PS3, Roku and my laptop. I only get a good connection on the PS3. The laptop is really chopping and on the Roku it never loads up. Anyone else have this issue?
NCAAF: Rutgers Scarlet Knights/Michigan Wolverines
NCAAB: Michigan Wolverines
Old 07-09-2012, 12:47 AM   #664
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheamazin
I have MLB.tv on the PS3, Roku and my laptop. I only get a good connection on the PS3. The laptop is really chopping and on the Roku it never loads up. Anyone else have this issue?
I get most consistent results on my laptop. My laptop may get blurry from time to time with the feed, but it won't ever get choppy (not in terms of framerate, but slowdown) like my PS3's might do.

Are you using a wired or wireless connection? Do you have MLB NextDef installed on your PC?
Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / SVS SB-2000 / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Audio-Technica ATH-R70x / Sony PS3 & PS4 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 / Panamax M5400-PM / Elgato HD60

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Pro Baseball »