Home

Losing team accuses Winning team of cheating....again

This is a discussion on Losing team accuses Winning team of cheating....again within the Pro Baseball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Pro Baseball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-31-2012, 01:32 PM   #1

Majingir's Arena

OVR: 22
Losing team accuses Winning team of cheating....again

Last year it was the Red Sox/Yankees.

This year, it's the O's....
http://www.sportsnet.ca/baseball/201...sign_stealing/

This is getting annoying. Will teams ever just admit they lose instead of blaming a team for cheating. They sound like a bunch of 10 year olds whose only reason for losing is cause the other team cheated.

Like I said last year when people accused the Jays of this(as well as for the past 5+ years), if they really were doing this, one of their former players for sure would have said that the Jays do this.

Wells,Overbay,Hill,Glaus,Hillenbrand(left on bad note),Burnett(was a pitcher,but left on a bad note) as well as any other player on the roster from 2005-2011 would have probably said something about this issue. But nobody is, so that should be proof right there that Jays aren't doing what teams(aka the AL EAST teams) are accusing them of doing.

And if teams are really concerned about this stuff, why not just film the OF stands and get proof that someone is actually signaling signs to the Jays hitters.

Really wanna get peoples opinions from other teams(not just Jays fans) on this issue.

Last edited by Majingir; 05-31-2012 at 01:35 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-31-2012, 01:43 PM   #2
MVP

OVR: 15
Re: Losing team accuses Winning team of cheating....again

But it isnt as simple as "losing team accuses winning team" It more like "losing team accuses Blue Jays". Im not saying that the Jays are cheating, its just weird that the Jays are really the only team being accused. Maybe its just one team thought they legitamately saw some cheating and now everyone is suspicious so other teams think they see something they dont. Idk
Old 05-31-2012, 02:40 PM   #3
MVP

OVR: 9

If this was something systemic with the Jays you would think there would be some whistleblowers once they leave the organization
Old 05-31-2012, 04:21 PM   #4

Majingir's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by djep
If this was something systemic with the Jays you would think there would be some whistleblowers once they leave the organization
That's the point. Especially since the Jays have had a few players leave on bad terms, so they'd be more than willing to reveal what the Jays do.

And like I said, these accusations have been going on for years, even when Jays had diff gm,coach,players.

You think Cito Gaston went to Farrell and is like "See that guy in the outfield? When you become coach, he'll be the reason we can hit good"
Old 05-31-2012, 04:31 PM   #5
MVP

sydrogerdavid's Arena

OVR: 27

But Kenny Rodgers did cheat in 2006.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-31-2012, 05:10 PM   #6
binging

SPTO's Arena

OVR: 53

If the Jays were doing this don't you think they would've done that against the O's earlier this season?

I don't know why everybody accuses the Blue Jays of this, I mean i've seen plenty of games where the Jays can't hit the broadside of a barn at home but as soon as they start raking (the Rogers Centre plays a lot smaller than its dimensions especially with the roof open and a humid temperature) everyone starts crying foul.

It's getting VERY annoying.

"Baseball is the most important thing that doesn't matter at all" - Robert B. Parker
Old 06-01-2012, 08:36 AM   #7
MVP

jth1331's Arena

OVR: 4

There has to be something to the issue, and just because former players haven't said anything doesn't mean they are off the hook.

Personally, I do think its overblown, because a man in the stands relaying signals to the batter would take way too long. I don't see AT ALL how it could work. A batter has probably a couple seconds from when the pitcher accepts the pitch and location, to when he releases the ball.
5 Heisman Trophy Winners
#1 in weeks ranked #1 in AP Poll
#1 in weeks ranked top 5 in AP Poll
#1 in wins/winning percentage since 1946
Oklahoma Sooners, Boomer Sooner!
Old 06-01-2012, 09:28 AM   #8
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by jth1331
Personally, I do think its overblown, because a man in the stands relaying signals to the batter would take way too long. I don't see AT ALL how it could work. A batter has probably a couple seconds from when the pitcher accepts the pitch and location, to when he releases the ball.
Not that this is the same thing, but we picked signs all the time on my baseball team, and I do it for my softball players as well. I don't think of it as "cheating" for two reasons: 1) as far as softball goes, I'm trying to teach them how to get a competitive advantage and how to dominate the game in a mental aspect (in other words, turn on an inside fastball when you know it's coming); 2) that's what signs are for... as an attempt to conceal messages from the other team. If they fail to do so, that's on them baby. My point of all that is that "two seconds" is plenty of time. The fan doesn't have to raise his arm and signal fingers or anything. There are multiple upon multiple ways of delivering signs.

Anyway, I think I said it in the old thread, but if signs are being picked beyond what the players can see, then I do think it's cheating. So if a fan is doing it, I don't see that as being "legitimate." I'm not saying the Blue Jays are doing it, though.
Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / SVS SB-2000 / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Audio-Technica ATH-R70x / Sony PS3 & PS4 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 / Panamax M5400-PM / Elgato HD60

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Pro Baseball »