Home

The worst pick up players.

This is a discussion on The worst pick up players. within the Pro Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Pro Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-18-2011, 01:48 PM   #9
MVP

OVR: 18
Re: The worse pick up players.

the guy who is always wide open but doesn't realize it and never looks up.

also, that guy tends to be the guy who is open in the paint but can't catch or finish.
Old 02-18-2011, 03:47 PM   #10
Fear is the Unknown

jeebs9's Arena

OVR: 34

It's funny you started this thread because just the other night (last friday) at my YMCA...

This YMCA is a very small YMCA in greenpoint. You don't see many "hood kids" in there playing ball. Mostly high school kids or old guys looking for a good game. Remember this the damn YMCA. I don't want to say it is mostly white guys trying to play basketball. That would be wrong. Lets just say the talent level isn't always up to par. So basically we always try to make even teams. During the first game. Just to make it fun. So these 4 guys come in the gym saying they have their team already. By the looks of them. I can already tell these guys play basketball. They will not play with anyone else but their 4 guys. So they pick up some other kid (not talented) up. But just before the game starts. Their other find comes into the gym. And they drop the kid. This guy they picked up was about 6'5-6'7. Remember guys its the YMCA. A bunch of kids and old guys just trying to play a good game. So I've seen this story before. And I knew exactly what was going to happen. They blowout the first 3 teams 21 to 5,2, and 7. One of the guys on this team is actually talking **** to the other team after beating them.

Remember it is the YMCA. If it were the park I wouldn't complain one bit. But your talking **** to guys who have never played on team before (some who just started playing basketball recently). These guys obviously played on teams before.

Guys am I wrong to be this pissed off? What I wanted to do was call my boys. And drop them like bad habits. Because I know my team/boys would of beaten this team easily.
Old 02-18-2011, 03:49 PM   #11
Once in a Lifetime Memory

Yeah...THAT Guy's Arena

OVR: 19

Just experienced this guy the other day. The guy who absolutely dominates the ball and will shoot the ball every single possession. For whatever reason, someone on the team gives him an outlet pass and he'll throw up a 3 on the run from beyond NBA range with 3 guys on him. This only happens half the time though, because the other half, he tries to cross someone over and dribbles off his own foot or just flat out loses the ball. Then he passes you the ball and you take one dribble and then step back and he starts screaming not to dribble the ball so much.
NCAA: Syracuse
Soccer: USMNT/DC United

PSN: ButMyT-GunDont
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-18-2011, 04:21 PM   #12
MVP

cubsball899's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marino
I was on RealGM and saw a thread about this over there so I figured it would be fun over here since I know we have a bunch of guys that enjoy playing pickup basketball.

So, what do you guys think are the worse pickup players to play with or against.

Here are a few of mine:

The, I only know one guy on the team so the offense runs through me and him group.

The, I'm 6'6" but I live out on the perimeter even though I'm taller than everyone.

The guy who is very physical on defense, but if you try to be physical with him when he is offense he wants to fight you.

The ball hog PG who tries to drive to the basket every time no matter how many people collapse to the paint on D. Why pass when I know I can make a layup over 4 people?

the, "get in the post because you're taller than everyone, but i won't even look at you while you're in the paint" guy.
Old 02-18-2011, 04:23 PM   #13
MVP

cubsball899's Arena

OVR: 15

they guy who when he plays his game is actually a very valuable piece. like a very good shooter, yet he insists on dribbling the air out of the ball
Old 02-18-2011, 04:38 PM   #14
Marvel's Finest

JBH3's Arena

OVR: 48

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasong7777
The guy with the headband, arm sleeve, wristband, knee pads, and long socks.
This guy is usually associated w/ the "can dish it but can't take it" trash talker. . .
Old 02-18-2011, 08:36 PM   #15
RF

TheMatrix31's Arena

OVR: 36

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-18-2011, 10:20 PM   #16
L Corleone

Weeks's Arena

OVR: 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by cubsball899
the, "get in the post because you're taller than everyone, but i won't even look at you while you're in the paint" guy.
Story of my life...(I'm the tall guy)

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Pro Basketball »