Home

NBA Off Topic

This is a discussion on NBA Off Topic within the Pro Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Pro Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 10-22-2012, 11:34 AM   #5169
I'll thank him for you

ex carrabba fan's Arena

OVR: 31
Re: NBA Off Topic

Not even gonna waste energy being upset at a pro athlete for admitting that he has never "worked on his game" in the off-season or however you want to say it. How can anyone really blame these guys? You got countless GM's waiting to give these guys millions of dollars regardless of what they do in the summer time. Obviously not everyone is as eager to sweat and work like KD or LeBron.. No point in even thinking about it. That's not even surprising to hear.

As far as Rondo/Ray, there has to be more to that story. Ray's explanation sounds petty on Rondo's part, which is why there has to be more to it. That whole situation was never explained in detail.

As far as PP and KG, they grew to like and respect Rondo, even though they clashed when Rondo was younger. Rondo has a weird diva attitude and KG didn't like how young Rondo had the balls to stand up to KG in the locker room. I remember some story a few years back where Rondo was getting on the veterans for not going as hard as they could, but I'm sure they grew to respect him for that type of attitude.
Old 10-22-2012, 11:38 AM   #5170
yellow

23's Arena

OVR: 65

I know Ray's story is partially the story which is what I dont like

When athletes leave there is always a controversy created about him, or the team puts out negative media on him depending on how it ended.

Of course Ray's not going to tell the whole thing, he never will and shouldn't. The media doesn't care, they just want another story to try to create some kind of fake rivalry
Old 10-22-2012, 11:42 AM   #5171
My Momma's Son

bigeastbumrush's Arena

OVR: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by 23

When athletes leave there is always a controversy created about him, or the team puts out negative media on him depending on how it ended.

Of course Ray's not going to tell the whole thing, he never will and shouldn't. The media doesn't care, they just want another story to try to create some kind of fake rivalry
I'm just waiting for Ray Ray to call out Doc because that's where I think his true beef is.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-22-2012, 11:44 AM   #5172
I'll thank him for you

ex carrabba fan's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by 23

Point is, nobody knows the entire story, so there's not much we as fans can go off of to draw any types of conclusions on either player.

The media doesn't need to create anything fake about Miami v Boston. The key players involved have never been fond of each other and that's all there is to it.

So of course when Ray goes to the other side, the media is going to drum that up. Doesn't mean the rivalry is fake in any sense.
Old 10-22-2012, 11:52 AM   #5173
yellow

23's Arena

It will be fake though.. and my point is the same, they're pushing a half a story out there, and only going to Ray... You're saying the same thing I am but I already forsee them for what they do. Trying to build up another rivalry story
Old 10-22-2012, 11:55 AM   #5174
I'll thank him for you

ex carrabba fan's Arena

I'm not really saying the same thing you are though. It won't be fake. The feelings that each team has for one another will not be fake. Ray and Rondo obviously have personal issues, Miami and Boston have already recently not been fond of each other, and both are primed to represent their conference. There's nothing fake about that.

Will the media dramatize the situation? Well duh. That's the time we live in.
Old 10-22-2012, 11:56 AM   #5175
Bamma

ProfessaPackMan's Arena

OVR: 36

I know he's done a couple interviews this offseason and in each of those interviews, they've asked him about what was going on in Boston(Rondo has done the samething I believe).

I understand they ask him the questions and he doesn't want to cut corners on them...but at some point, he just needs to leave it alone and move on. But I also know this is going to be a story for a while or at least until their game on opening night.
Old 10-22-2012, 11:59 AM   #5176
yellow

23's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ex carrabba fan
I'm not really saying the same thing you are though. It won't be fake. The feelings that each team has for one another will not be fake. Ray and Rondo obviously have personal issues, Miami and Boston have already recently not been fond of each other, and both are primed to represent their conference. There's nothing fake about that.

Will the media dramatize the situation? Well duh. That's the time we live in.

Im talking about the team, not the 2 players themselves

I agree with you Pack that he should move on, but it wont end after the first game...when the playoffs come, expect alot more
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Pro Basketball »