Home

1/7 - 1/13 Games Discussion Thread.

This is a discussion on 1/7 - 1/13 Games Discussion Thread. within the Pro Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Pro Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-09-2013, 03:16 PM   #313
All Star

King_B_Mack's Arena

OVR: 23
Re: 1/7 - 1/13 Games Discussion Thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TajDeni
was reading the lebron talk from a few post back. i cant respond to all of it, but isnt lebron having to be mr. everything the price he payed for going to miami?

he could have went elsewhere and not had to be mr. everything ala chicago.

so yes they are running him into the ground long-term, but he has to take some of the blame himself because he choose to go to a team tying all its money up into 3 players. though i think he will opt out when it becomes available

the killer move for lebron now that he has won a title, is to opt out in 2yrs and make amends in cleveland. and dont say everybody involved (owner/fans) wouldnt take him back.
LeBron and Kyrie would be a thing of beauty. Can't even front on that.
Old 01-09-2013, 03:20 PM   #314
I'll thank him for you

ex carrabba fan's Arena

OVR: 31

LeBron didn't say anything that bad actually. He even worked with Paul George in the summer, lol.

Quote:
"But they've been talking a lot," he said. "I read a lot of clips they had before the season, said they were better than us and they should have beat us, so we'll be ready."

James said such an approach is not his way.

"I'm not one to talk much, honestly," he said. "I just do it on the court. I let my game do the talking, but it is amusing sometimes, you see guys, you see teams talking and they didn't beat you."

He said there is a time and a place.

"I've always kind of been after the fact," he said. "If I hear someone talking, then I will have a conversation with them, or say my peace out on the floor, but I will never start it up.

"My Little League coaches wouldn't allow us to do that. They always told, 'Just let your game do the talking.' "

That didn't stop James from working out in the offseason with Pacers swingman Paul George.

"He's continued to grow," James said. "And with growth also comes confidence. I think the good thing, which is a bad for them, but it's a good for him, is they haven't had Danny Granger. So it's allowed him to grow and kind of fill in that role, the No. 1, or whatever the case may be, a role when he's had more opportunities to showcase what he can do."
Old 01-09-2013, 03:21 PM   #315
MVP

TajDeni's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by ex carrabba fan
Quiet, you! Lmao

Na I am a fan of basketball, team basketball. I don't treat sports like religion. By that I mean, I was born a Laker fan, into a Laker family, nothing wrong with that. But there's no way I'm gonna justify cheering for an abomination just because I was born a Laker fan. I'm not gonna cheer Kobe chucking just because I grew up watching him and cheering for him. I don't enjoy that brand of basketball, I don't enjoy watching how little the basketball moves, I don't enjoy watching these guys one bit.

I was actually a Kobe fan during his most recent two titles because he trusted his teammates. But after that year against Orlando in the finals, he completely went back into his me against the world mentality.

If someone honestly enjoys watching him play still and watching that brand of basketball, good for them.

I choose to enjoy good basketball. Doesn't mean I'm a Clipper fan 100% though. Means I wouldn't mind seeing them win a title, especially that guy Chris Paul. Couldn't happen to a nicer guy. He does things the right way. Plays the right way and is humble.
excuses benedict arnold had excuses to...

Hidden Within the Depths of Silence and Solitude, Awaits the Realest Dude...
-- TajDeni
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-09-2013, 03:23 PM   #316
I'll thank him for you

ex carrabba fan's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by TajDeni
excuses benedict arnold had excuses to...
Oh trust me, I'll probably enjoy them much more after Bryant retires. Don't you worry.
Old 01-09-2013, 03:24 PM   #317
MVP

d11king's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kashanova
I think that a high percentage of Laker Fans are bandwagon fans. Maybe it's cause I live out in the east coast. I remember when Shaq first left and the Lakers miss the playoffs I noticed almost no mention from guys who were so called Laker fans during the Shaq-peat. Even now those same Laker fans from the last two championships are no where to be found and are seen rooting for other teams. Might be different in Cali though.
This is true.

When I used Facebook, there was nothing in my news feeds before or after games where the Lakers would be playing a team like the Timberwolves on Wednesday, or on the road against the Wizards on Tuesday, etc. but when it comes time for Christmas against the Knicks, or that big game against the Heat, my news feed is flooded with "Let's Go Lakers", "Lakers we got this" etc. Many of the Laker fans come out of the woodworks when it's playoff time and we have a contending team.

On top of that, many of those fans just don't watch basketball, I've seen this first hand spending Christmas with the family watching the Knicks. Everyone walking back and forth past the TV, not paying attention, and when they then glance at the score and see Pau Gasol taking a 3 and missing, it's his fault, and now he has to get traded because he's playing soft, instead of realizing that Pau Gasol is a back-to-the-basket big man, and he's being forced out of the offense and into a position on the court where he's uncomfortable, thus making his chance of being successful within the offense, slim.

People forget Pau Gasol was once a #1 scoring option, and when he got here the headlines were, can he be a #2 option. In his time as the #2 option, the Lakers went to 3 championships. Andrew Bynum was the #2 option last season, Dwight Howard is the #2 option this season.. Do you notice a pattern? This is something, Laker fans, just don't get because they don't pay attention.

Last edited by d11king; 01-09-2013 at 03:26 PM.
Old 01-09-2013, 03:31 PM   #318
MVP

TajDeni's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vni
I think Lakers loose by 40 tonight and if I where the refs I'd keep an eye on Metta's elbows.
after chris webber said he thought kobe would take 44 shots last night my gf asked me why wasnt kobe shooting in the 1st half.

i told her it was because he was hoping to get out of the rockets game without expending to much energy, because he knows he'll prolly need to go for 40+ just to keep the game respectable against the spurs and thunder.

deep down i dont really wanna watch the game 2nite because i know its gonna be a train wreck. but i just cant not look.

-- TajDeni
Old 01-09-2013, 03:35 PM   #319
MVP

TajDeni's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ex carrabba fan
Oh trust me, I'll probably enjoy them much more after Bryant retires. Don't you worry.
more excuse.

you do know the clippers are not really all that young of a team, its still to be determined if they just have a window of oppertunity or if they can translate this into sustained success. if they become less exciting again will you say they are unwatchable too.

im just messing with you, but you do deserve alil ribbing for switching sides.

-- TajDeni
Old 01-09-2013, 03:37 PM   #320
Banned

OVR: 19
Lebron and Wade both showed up last night against the Pacers with 30 and 25(?) respectively but Paul George is just growing so much he just outplayed Lebron last night. 29 and 11 with Bron all over him.

I just hope Granger doesn't stop this offensive flow the ball seems to stop moving when he catches it.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Pro Basketball »