Home

Who Will Win The MVP, Durant or Curry?

This is a discussion on Who Will Win The MVP, Durant or Curry? within the Pro Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Pro Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-05-2016, 05:05 PM   #9
Hall Of Fame

redsox4evur's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Who Will Win The MVP, Durant or Curry?

Smush Parker.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 07-05-2016, 06:14 PM   #10
2010,13,15,16 CHAMPS!

SidVish's Arena

OVR: 23

Rajon Rondo!

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk
"I thought LeBron James was just going to be another addition to help me score."
Ricky Davis
Quote:
"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." Albert Einstein
Old 07-05-2016, 06:24 PM   #11
MVP

brahmagoul's Arena

OVR: 12

They'll cancel each other out. When Rose won the MVP over LeBron, I think that logic with Wade and Bosh is what truly cost James.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-05-2016, 06:39 PM   #12
MVP

vtcha's Arena

OVR: 4

Kawhi Leonard for me.

I think LeBron's stats will dip a little as his minutes are also reduced and Kyrie taking more of the workload.

The only way I can see either KD or Curry win is if their production output is similar to last season and the team wins 70+ (which I believe they won't give a crap anymore)

Westbrook will be a beast but I think his team record is going to stop him from winning it. Would be reminiscent of Kobe's '05-06 season.

Last edited by vtcha; 07-05-2016 at 06:47 PM.
Old 07-05-2016, 07:47 PM   #13
Hall Of Fame

ojandpizza's Arena

Honestly if I had to guess I would say neither. It's going to be tough to value one of those players over LeBron, Kawhi, Russ, Dame, etc when the work load is so much smaller.

They would have to win 74 games just to say KD provided enough value to make them better. Unless he's dropping 30+ a night with decent number elsewhere I definitely don't see it being him.

Old 07-05-2016, 09:46 PM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by ojandpizza
Honestly if I had to guess I would say neither. It's going to be tough to value one of those players over LeBron, Kawhi, Russ, Dame, etc when the work load is so much smaller.

They would have to win 74 games just to say KD provided enough value to make them better. Unless he's dropping 30+ a night with decent number elsewhere I definitely don't see it being him.

What if they get 69 wins and are on top of the standings overall?
Old 07-05-2016, 10:20 PM   #15
Expletive Deleted

Ghost Of The Year's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ojandpizza

I think GS will have to win it all to say Durant provided enough value to make them better.
They don't even need to win 70+ games. i think this move makes them better for a seven game series as opposed to playing a different opponent every night. During the regular season the chemistry probably won't be as tight as it has been the last couple years, but they can offset that by raising their intensity during the post-season.
#44Syracuse
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-05-2016, 10:21 PM   #16
Hall Of Fame

ojandpizza's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by whoahello
What if they get 69 wins and are on top of the standings overall?

Assuming both their production dips how would you gauge Durant or Curry more valuable than the other?

If they win 69 games could you even give Durant the MVP award when the team technically finished worse then the year before?

The only way I can see Durant playing better is an abundance more of shots, shots that are easier and cleaner than what he had at OKC. Even then it's going to be a product of the attention Curry/Klay demand from defenses. So I can't really see anyone voting him over Curry in that regard.

Standings always play a role, too big of a role IMO. I wouldn't be surprised to see Dame stealing some MVP votes. Paul George as well, and Anthony Davis again if the record warrants it. And of course the usuals Bro, Kawhi, Russ.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Pro Basketball »