Home

2017 NBA Draft Prospects

This is a discussion on 2017 NBA Draft Prospects within the Pro Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Pro Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-06-2016, 06:04 AM   #17
Hall Of Fame

DamnYanks2's Arena

OVR: 17
Re: 2017 NBA Draft Prospects

Malik Monk

https://youtu.be/9CkKiIdSgx0

Sent from my HTCD200LVWPP using Tapatalk
Old 12-06-2016, 02:40 PM   #18
Fear is the Unknown

jeebs9's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by DamnYanks2
Malik Monk

https://youtu.be/9CkKiIdSgx0

I don't why. But I'm not a huge fan. He could be the next Ray Allen or Rip Hamilton. And that's not to say that those guys aren't good players. Definitely top 15. But as usually I will end up wrong as I usually do. I feel like the players are reading this forum every year I post lol.

Here a question?.... Who do you think is better? Monk or Booker?
Old 12-06-2016, 03:16 PM   #19
Hall Of Fame

ojandpizza's Arena

OVR: 0

I need Monk to go early so I can say I've played against a lottery pick lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 12-06-2016, 04:23 PM   #20
MVP

PhantomPain's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by ojandpizza
I need Monk to go early so I can say I've played against a lottery pick lol.

what is your take on Monk since you have played up close and personal against him?
Old 12-06-2016, 04:39 PM   #21
Hall Of Fame

ojandpizza's Arena

2017 NBA Draft Prospects

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhantomPain
what is your take on Monk since you have played up close and personal against him?

He was young when I played against him, 9th or 10th grade. The tournament was technically a "men's league" type of deal, he was the only kid in it. Some guys I play with know his brother Marcus pretty well and he brought Malik with him that day. I think it was a benefit for the school or something in that town.

He was good, like I said young. But even at that age you could tell he had that "it" factor. Lots of dunks and 3's, which is pretty much what he ended up doing most of his high school career as well.

I'd like to say I could give a better input but he was so young. I'm sure Monk at this age would have dominated though, most of us in the gym were well past our playing years lol.

Watched him play some as a senior, but it's still hard to judge against the guys he was playing.

Last edited by ojandpizza; 12-06-2016 at 05:04 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-06-2016, 08:27 PM   #22
Hall Of Fame

DamnYanks2's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeebs9
I don't why. But I'm not a huge fan. He could be the next Ray Allen or Rip Hamilton. And that's not to say that those guys aren't good players. Definitely top 15. But as usually I will end up wrong as I usually do. I feel like the players are reading this forum every year I post lol.

Here a question?.... Who do you think is better? Monk or Booker?
I've honestly been blown away with Monk, I knew he had the crazy athleticism from his mixtapes, so I knew that coming in, but I had no idea he could shoot it as well as he does.

He's so long and quick too, and he plays defense.

Different players, but I believe Monk has more upside then Booker long term. Don't get me wrong Booker is a future star in Phoenix, but Monk is more talented.

I believe Monk or Fultz will go number one in the draft.

Old 12-06-2016, 11:03 PM   #23
Hall Of Fame

ojandpizza's Arena

Monk is basically a 6'2ish Kevin Durant. They play identical, build similar, in HS that's what he looked like was KD because the smaller size of everyone else.

Honestly when he was getting hyped up at a young age I wasn't sure he would be good enough to go to Arkansas, and then when he got older I thought he had a shot to go there and maybe start by year two. Then all of a sudden he starts getting Kentucky offers and all of that, he's developed a lot the last couple years which is a good sign.

Booker to me still has more NBA level potential. He's a better shooter with a more pure shot, Malik to me feels more like an NBA SG than PG, so I think he needs some adjusting there. His 6'3 201 listed height and weight also seems very generous, but he could have grown some he's still young.

I've only watched Kentucky play a couple times but in HS Monk did a lot of standing and watching defensively, snow birding, stuff of that nature. Was outplayed in the state finals every year by the other team's star. I question his ability to defend at the NBA level and make plays without consistently being the best athlete on the floor.

Old 12-06-2016, 11:47 PM   #24
Hall Of Fame

DamnYanks2's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ojandpizza
Monk is basically a 6'2ish Kevin Durant. They play identical, build similar, in HS that's what he looked like was KD because the smaller size of everyone else.

Honestly when he was getting hyped up at a young age I wasn't sure he would be good enough to go to Arkansas, and then when he got older I thought he had a shot to go there and maybe start by year two. Then all of a sudden he starts getting Kentucky offers and all of that, he's developed a lot the last couple years which is a good sign.

Booker to me still has more NBA level potential. He's a better shooter with a more pure shot, Malik to me feels more like an NBA SG than PG, so I think he needs some adjusting there. His 6'3 201 listed height and weight also seems very generous, but he could have grown some he's still young.

I've only watched Kentucky play a couple times but in HS Monk did a lot of standing and watching defensively, snow birding, stuff of that nature. Was outplayed in the state finals every year by the other team's star. I question his ability to defend at the NBA level and make plays without consistently being the best athlete on the floor.

I think that's a fair scouting report. His defense is going to improve under Cal, and because he is long and quick, it will be a little easier for him then some players.

I love the spring in his step, and his already accurate shooting touch, we see so many guys in basketball that are athletic as hell, but struggle to shoot the ball. Monk can shoot, with that wingspan, it makes it it tough to get a hand up, and he is a tremendous finisher at the rim already, and he's just 7-8 games into his freshman season.

Sure, defense and rebounding will need to be improved upon. But, I think about a guy like Derozan who came into the league, athletic as hell, but with a wack jumper, and how much he's improved, and then you look at a guy like Monk, he's already got the J, he can splash from deep, and yes he's definitely a sg. This is a dude your going to want to grab right away if your a NBA GM.

https://youtu.be/jPWSMGA-9po

https://youtu.be/_8pVKTXXWT0

Last edited by DamnYanks2; 12-07-2016 at 12:02 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Pro Basketball »