Home

2017 NBA Draft Prospects

This is a discussion on 2017 NBA Draft Prospects within the Pro Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Pro Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-18-2016, 01:27 AM   #33
Hall Of Fame

DamnYanks2's Arena

OVR: 17
Re: 2017 NBA Draft Prospects

Hey jeebs, you still not feeling Monk man
Old 12-19-2016, 08:54 AM   #34
We Here

Hassan Darkside's Arena

OVR: 34

Also scrolling through here, wtf is up with comparing Monk to Kevin Durant?? I thought what made KD special was he was like a 7' shooting guard; y'all are basically saying Monk is an undersized version of an oversized 2-guard.

Kind of reminds me a bit of a more athletic OJ Mayo maybe. Right now i'd say his biggest flaw is he doesn't get to the stripe enough, only averaging 2.5 FTA per game. He only took 5 against UNC and even Coach Cal was busting his balls about not driving enough.
Royce da 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican
How many brothers fell victim to the skeet.........
Old 12-19-2016, 01:13 PM   #35
Hall Of Fame

ojandpizza's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hassan Darkside
Also scrolling through here, wtf is up with comparing Monk to Kevin Durant?? I thought what made KD special was he was like a 7' shooting guard; y'all are basically saying Monk is an undersized version of an oversized 2-guard.

Kind of reminds me a bit of a more athletic OJ Mayo maybe. Right now i'd say his biggest flaw is he doesn't get to the stripe enough, only averaging 2.5 FTA per game. He only took 5 against UNC and even Coach Cal was busting his balls about not driving enough.

I think I was the only one who made the KD reference, but to clear up what I meant I was saying that in reference to a high-school scale.

For example. With NBA bigs being around 7 feet tall KD is one of the biggest guys on the court bring the ball up the court and doing the things he does at 6'10 or whatever he is.

With small town Arkansas "big men" ranging more like 6'5 to maybe 6'8", Monk was often one of the bigger guys on the court bringing the ball up and doing the things he was doing.

They were asking more so how he looked seeing him in person and that was my best example. He was average to big in size comparison of who he was playing against, had great range and could bring the ball up. The way he casually dribbled up the court and hit the outside shot reminded me of how KD looks against NBA talent. That's all I was getting at.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-19-2016, 01:58 PM   #36
We Here

Hassan Darkside's Arena

KD is still on the upper end of the height spectrum for NBA bigs. Monk would be shorter than the shortest big in your example, maybe an average sized high school guard.

I think I get what you're saying but I'm not sure if that makes him any different than any other top high school guard. *Shrug*
Royce da 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican
How many brothers fell victim to the skeet.........
Old 12-19-2016, 03:21 PM   #37
Hall Of Fame

ojandpizza's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hassan Darkside
KD is still on the upper end of the height spectrum for NBA bigs. Monk would be shorter than the shortest big in your example, maybe an average sized high school guard.

I think I get what you're saying but I'm not sure if that makes him any different than any other top high school guard. *Shrug*

Maybe in AAU ball, but not so much around here.

For example, his high school roster has him listed at 6'5 with the tallest player on the team a sophomore listed at 6'6.. those are more realistically in the 6'3-6'4 range most likely. In most cases he was the tallest player on the court for his team.

That gap was even larger before he moved schools. When he was playing in 2A ball at EPC he was almost always the biggest player on the court.

But regardless of if he's 7'4 or 5'8, his game, shot selection, the smoothness and ease at which he would take shots and get to his spots, was more Durant-like than any other player I could find a comparison for. Obviously he's not a freakishly taller player like KD, but in regardless to play style that's what I saw.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 12-20-2016, 01:12 AM   #38
Fear is the Unknown

jeebs9's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by DamnYanks2
Hey jeebs, you still not feeling Monk man
Hahaha I was waiting for this lol

https://youtu.be/P_d1pnwQlOw

And. ..

https://youtu.be/FnpKHaCzQgg

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Last edited by jeebs9; 12-20-2016 at 01:18 AM.
Old 12-20-2016, 12:10 PM   #39
Hall Of Fame

DamnYanks2's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeebs9
Hahaha I was waiting for this lol

https://youtu.be/P_d1pnwQlOw

And. ..

https://youtu.be/FnpKHaCzQgg

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
Fox might be as quick as Wall, and already has a better all around offensive game then Wall at this point.

Fox may end up being the best pg, Cal has ever had at UK. That's saying something, when you think about it.

Sent from my HTCD200LVWPP using Tapatalk
Old 12-22-2016, 11:54 AM   #40
Fear is the Unknown

jeebs9's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by DamnYanks2
Fox might be as quick as Wall, and already has a better all around offensive game then Wall at this point.

Fox may end up being the best pg, Cal has ever had at UK. That's saying something, when you think about it.

Sent from my HTCD200LVWPP using Tapatalk
You know at first I thought you said best pg that Cal has ever had. I was about to say I guess you forgot about Derrick Rose already lol. But I agree.. Will probably be the best all around PG Cal has ever had.

But after watching some of Jason Tayyum highlights. This is going to be a deeeeep draft like you said. Mid range game is on point. Now we have to see if Harry Giles will turn into anything. I think he's scored 1 point in each of his first 2 games now. But he has a lot of time.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Pro Basketball »