Home

2017 Offseason Thread

This is a discussion on 2017 Offseason Thread within the Pro Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Pro Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-03-2017, 10:12 PM   #49
Hall Of Fame

ojandpizza's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: 2017 Offseason Thread

And to be fair Pippen was pretty raw. Being along side Jordan likely developed him better/faster than elsewhere may have. And no guarantee he would have even been a HOFer if he was stuck in a main guy role from day 1.

Being from Arkansas I know guys that played against him in college and even claim they got the better of him in his underclass years.

He was far from a sure thing at the time, didn't even attend a Division 1 school. Pretty sure Chicago was just trying to build a team that could run with MJ and lucked out landing two very good players in that draft.
Old 05-05-2017, 11:17 AM   #50
JB4MVP

JODYE's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfessaPackMan
Here you go, King

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Blind leading the blind. I am so fed up with this organization.

They will say one thing, then do the exact opposite. Nothing will change because change costs money and Reinsdorf and his band of thieves are too cheap to actually care about putting a championship quality product on the floor.

Instead, let's bring back the head coach who has been coaching for 7 years but still doesn't know how to be a leader.

Hurry up and trade Butler so I can root for whatever competent organization he ends up with.

Old 05-05-2017, 12:33 PM   #51
Banned

OVR: 12

Do the Bulls sell out their games?

Bulls have a bit of cap space but they're not at the bottom of the league for payroll.

I guess there wasn't luxury tax in the '90s but I recall that the owner didn't want to pay whatever it took to keep the second threepeat team together.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-06-2017, 09:53 PM   #52

jvalverde88's Arena

OVR: 28

Porzingis tweeted this and then deleted it.

Quote:
Never let fear determine who you are. Never let where you came from determine where you are going.
Old 05-07-2017, 04:36 PM   #53
BING BONG

DieHardYankee26's Arena

OVR: 10

https://twitter.com/kporzee/status/861281351563194368

Quote:
I would never tweet something like that. I dont even use that emoji smiley face. Cmon B
This mother****er's never leaving NY!
I can't hide who I am, baby I'm a gangster
In the Rolls Royce, steppin' on a mink rug
The clique just a gang of bosses that linked up
Old 05-08-2017, 07:27 AM   #54
MVP

3304Life's Arena

OVR: 0

He's using Movistar so he's not in NY

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 05-08-2017, 12:23 PM   #55
Bamma

ProfessaPackMan's Arena

OVR: 36
2017 Offseason Thread

Someone better tell Lowry it ain't much easier out West:

Quote:
TORONTO – These Toronto Raptors will think about the ankle of Kyle Lowry and wonder to themselves: Would it have made a difference? In all likelihood, it would’ve merely postponed the inevitable: For every move the franchise has made with the Cleveland Cavaliers as its solitary motivation – tens of millions of dollars in increased management, coaching and players salaries, trades and free agents and draft picks – it has done nothing to close the gap.

“They’ve got LeBron James,” Lowry told The Vertical late Friday night. “Nobody’s closing the gap on him. I mean, that’s it right there: They’ve got LeBron James and nobody’s closing the gap on him.”
James had 35 points on Friday night, the Cavaliers crushed the Raptors 115-94 in Game 3, and Cleveland moved to the cusp of consecutive Eastern Conference playoff series sweeps over Indiana and Toronto.
Indiana constructed rosters to beat James when he was with Miami and Cleveland, and lost prime years of Paul George, cycling through general managers and coaches on the way. Toronto is wondering, too: How do we keep everything together, and seriously believe we’re on the brink of overtaking James?

“I don’t know when his prime is going to stop,” Lowry told The Vertical. “I don’t think it’s going to stop anytime soon. I think he’ll be able to continue what he’s doing for a long time. But that’s basketball. You’ve got to find a way to beat the best.”
In the Eastern Conference, Boston has pursued a sound plan of restraint, refusing to cash its windfall Brooklyn Nets 2017 and 2018 draft picks for stars just good enough for LeBron James to give a “Nice try” hug at the end of a Game 6 or 7 in the conference finals.
James has won six straight Eastern Conference championships, and he’s closing hard on a seventh. He’s 32 years old and he has separated himself in history as one of the great destroyers of dreams and plans, players and franchises.
“Michael Jordan, the same way,” Cleveland Cavaliers coach Ty Lue told The Vertical on Friday night. “There’s a reason why guys like Charles Barkley, Patrick Ewing and Reggie Miller don’t have championships, because of Michael Jordan. And now, in this era, because of LeBron James.”

With Lowry and Serge Ibaka awaiting free agency in July, with a payroll that could be strapped with 30-somethings on massive long-term contracts, Toronto president Masai Ujiri has to decide his franchise’s next steps. In the Western Conference, the Clippers are living with comparable choices. Together, they all wonder: Maybe this isn’t working, but what’s the alternative? If you’re going to keep DeMar DeRozan and Chris Paul, you aren’t rebuilding. Halfway in might be the only thing worse than all-in.
For most of the NBA, competing in the now has become a futile enterprise: Everyone is waiting out Golden State in the West, and Cleveland in the East. As general managers themselves wonder: What will the league’s roster composition look like when everyone is trying to hedge on two teams, wait them out, and only five or six franchises are truly trying to compete in the short term?
Lowry awoke on Friday morning determined to play Game 3 on a sprained ankle, tried three different times on the court to find a way to make the movements an All-Star guard needs to make and left the court despondent. “I thought my adrenalin would take me, but it just didn’t work out,” Lowry told The Vertical.
Lowry wants to find a way to play on Sunday in Game 4, do what he can to spare the Raptors the indignity of a Cleveland sweep on Canadian soil. The Raptors pushed the Cavaliers to six games in the conference finals a year ago, loaded up the roster, and suddenly, it’s conceivable they’ll get blown out four straight times a year later.

“LeBron ain’t breaking spirits here, but he’s just that good,” Lowry told The Vertical. “He’s a dominant player, one of the top five most dominant players in basketball history.”
And soon, the Raptors will be one more franchise left in James’ wake, one more foiled Eastern Conference championship bid. Toronto has brutal decisions to make, with only complex and risky alternative directions to move.
When Lowry was asked his thoughts on Toronto’s next course of action, he simply shook his head and shrugged. “Those aren’t decisions for me to make here,” he said, and it was easy to understand why he wanted no part of that burden: LeBron James is still standing in the way, and yes, trying to close the gap on him has become the fool’s errand of the East.
https://sports.yahoo.com/news/kyle-l...164733328.html

And this:

Quote:
Marc Stein of ESPN:

Late-season rumbles that Kyle Lowry will give legit thought to a free-agent switch to the West are sure to rise in volume after this series

— Marc Stein (@ESPNSteinLine) May 7, 2017

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-08-2017, 12:35 PM   #56
Hall Of Fame

areobee401's Arena

OVR: 24

Add another person to the LeBron James Witness Relocation Program.

Last edited by areobee401; 05-08-2017 at 02:07 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Pro Basketball »