Home

2017 Offseason Thread

This is a discussion on 2017 Offseason Thread within the Pro Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Pro Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-27-2017, 07:20 PM   #1745
MVP

OVR: 25
Re: 2017 Offseason Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by vtcha
Andre Iguodala has become the foremost target in an attempt weaken the Golden State Warriors' chokehold on the NBA, league sources have told ESPN.

The Minnesota Timberwolves, San Antonio Spurs, LA Clippers, Philadelphia 76ers, Orlando Magic, Brooklyn Nets and Utah Jazz are among the teams interested in the 2015 NBA Finals MVP, sources tell ESPN.

I still don't understand why rebuilding teams, like Orlando and Brooklyn, would be interested in signing a 33 year old to a potentially long-term deal.
Iguodala is still a good defender with ball-handling skills. That would hurt GSW a bit, but it wouldn't be a killer loss.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-27-2017, 07:36 PM   #1746
Asst 2 the Comm Manager

TheShizNo1's Arena

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexBrady
Iguodala is still a good defender with ball-handling skills. That would hurt GSW a bit, but it wouldn't be a killer loss.
Where's he rank with current wings right now?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo
You underestimate my laziness
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo
**** ya

Old 06-27-2017, 07:56 PM   #1747
CMH
Making you famous

CMH's Arena

OVR: 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by z Revis
Hayward can't meet with any teams yet anyway just so you know. I believe that's what the July 1st date is(players/teams can start meeting and commit to a verbal only agreement until I think July 9th or so then they can actually make their contracts official). Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

I'm not saying anything one way or the other btw lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
I believe it's July 6th now. They cut it shorter so there wouldn't be days of commitments and no signings.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk
"It may well be that we spectators, who are not divinely gifted as athletes, are the only ones able to truly see, articulate and animate the experience of the gift we are denied. And that those who receive and act out the gift of athletic genius must, perforce, be blind and dumb about it -- and not because blindness and dumbness are the price of the gift, but because they are its essence." - David Foster Wallace

"You'll not find more penny-wise/pound-foolish behavior than in Major League Baseball." - Rob Neyer
Old 06-27-2017, 08:18 PM   #1748
MVP

OVR: 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheShizNo1
Where's he rank with current wings right now?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
For the small forwards, I think you have to put him in the upper-middle, 12-14 range.
Old 06-27-2017, 08:27 PM   #1749
Bamma

ProfessaPackMan's Arena

OVR: 36

I wouldn't mind a 3 year deal for Iggy with a team option in Year 2.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 06-27-2017, 08:29 PM   #1750
Hall Of Fame

z Revis's Arena

OVR: 28
2017 Offseason Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by wwharton
You're basically saying he's screwing the Pacers because he's making it known that's he's going to LA next year no matter what (why teams are offering Pritchard, a couple of whoppers and a smoothie from Burger King). But if he didn't say that and then left like he's making it clear he will do, he will screw that team and be vilified for gutting them to be there for just a year.

Making everyone understand where his head is is a stand up thing to do... gives the Pacers time to figure out how to deal with it, and if he's traded, lets that team know he's just a rental so there's no speculation.

It sucks for the Pacers (see Burger King analogy) but would suck worse if he acted like all was good and then bolted as soon as he became a free agent. If he were to be upfront with the Pacers but not other teams trying to trade for him, it'd suck for whatever team he got traded to. In short, no matter how he handled this, someone would be screwed. I feel like he chose the most upfront and honest approach.

And lets be honest, if he made his decision last Thursday (or whenever he was talking about helping the team with no indication of leaving) you'd still be pissed because of something he said or somehow indicated he might stay a week or month before that. It's a bad situation for the Pacers no matter what, unless they traded him before he had a chance to make a decision himself.
He definitely chose the most upfront approach. The problem is that approach has put the Pacers in a situation where our hands are tied and we either have to accept trash in a trade or play the guy and let him walk.

You are right had he not made his intentions so known other teams would get screwed, but that's not going to change my attitude towards this... I don't really care if he screws another team. That's their problem, PG's fault for not being more upfront, etc. I'm not going to be happy just because now we have to deal with the ****tiest end of the stick.

Bottom line is he chose to screw the team he's under contract with just so he can be upfront towards the rest of the league that currently has nothing to do with him. As a Pacers fan, that doesn't fly with me. I see why it can for others though.

As for your last paragraph, I disagree.. the things he said and talked about that Thursday were the most he's really said on the subject in awhile. Other than Pritchard saying he was pleased with how PG's exit interview went back in early May, there wasn't much to really go off of in which way PG was leaning. It wasn't until he announced his decision that we heard reports of what he and Pritchard were discussing in private and what not. I wasn't mad at any of that though, I get that he's not going to force his hand until he's actually made a decision. I just thought the timing was odd but it's not a big deal or anything.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Notre Dame Fighting Irish

Last edited by z Revis; 06-27-2017 at 08:40 PM.
Old 06-27-2017, 08:35 PM   #1751
All Star

BleacherBum2310's Arena

OVR: 24

I don't think Heyward is gone yet either but those tweets + BOS lack of interest in Jimmy... makes me think they are v confident they are going to land a FA. but also that date to meet teams is meaningless Teams tamper with FA's all the time around this time lol.

I was probably below 45% more than most on him coming here I would probably up that a bit. but yes it's not earth shattering information.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-27-2017, 09:25 PM   #1752
All Star

King_B_Mack's Arena

OVR: 23

In more ****ed up Bulls news (cause who doesn't love a good old fashioned train wreck right?).

We're in a rebuild, but instead of keeping our second round draft pick and drafting Jordan Bell who could end up being a steal of a big man, particularly on the defensive end, we sell that pick to GS so that we're free to pick up the option on Joffrey Lauvergne..... so instead of having Bell at a salary of about 800k, we'll get the sensational Joffrey for 2.2 mil. Good thing we made that 3.5 mil on the sale....

Someone halp

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Pro Basketball »