Home

What settings are you using? PES 2014

This is a discussion on What settings are you using? PES 2014 within the eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-08-2013, 03:02 PM   #1
Rookie

nickaepi's Arena

OVR: 5
What settings are you using? PES 2014

I love the options we have in the gameplay settings this year. I am just curious what settings people are using and if you have any input on why certain setting is better/worse than the other. I still can't find my sweetspot yet so I want to see fellow OS'ers input. This is for offline Master League or League/Tournament mode. I guess kind of like a "sliders" discussion.
I'm using:

20 min. (can't decide on 20 or 25 min)
Professional (keep going back and forth between normal and Professional)
(1)-pass assist
(-1) - game speed
Basic- Shooting
Basic-Throughball (I keep going back and forth between this and advanced. Can't decide)
Assisted cursor switching.
No visual aids other than target icon thingy if I turn on advanced thruball.

I can't think of the other options right now. If you can think of other ones, please add to it if you post.

My main concern is always "the most realistic" settings for shots, tackles, etc. and where the CPU is NOT at an unfair advantage. I think that is the "NORMAL" setting? I understand if your own skills get too advanced, u have to step up difficulty. I noticed a big difference when playing in the EUFA cup on Professional vs. playing same level in master league.

I'm feeling somewhere in the 20-25 min. range. at Normal-Professional.

What do you use?

3DS- Bravely Default
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-08-2013, 04:11 PM   #2
Rookie

4EverBlowingBubbles's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: What settings are you using? PES 2014

System: Xbox 360
Difficulty: Top Player (It's just a bit harder than Professional and it actually makes me work harder for the win)
Game Speed: -1 (It feels closer to the demo's default speed, which I personally loved)
Match Length: 15 mins
Camera: Default (I would like some input on this. I'm open to changes)

Cursor Change: Semi Assisted
Cursor Name: Player Name
Pass Support: 0 bars (I like the simulation aspect of the game. This is a must for me. Assited passing just kills that simulation feel)
Through Ball type: Basic (I would love to have a full manual option for this setting)
Shot Type: Basic (I personally find Manual setting the best. I love it. Unfortunately, it seems to be broken in many ways. Can't score any headers or first time shots. That means cornes and crosses are rendered useless. Finesse shots are broken too. The november patch will include some fixes for manual controls apparently)
FK Controls: Normal
Directional Guide: OFF
Target Guide: OFF
Positioning Guide: OFF
Auto-Feint: OFF
Auto Sliding: OFF
Teammate Controls: Assisted

There's a list of fixes for the upcoming patches here:

Official PES - Insagram

..::: I'm West Ham Till I Die :::..

MIGHTY HAMMERS 3 - 0 SPURS

Last edited by 4EverBlowingBubbles; 10-08-2013 at 04:18 PM.
Old 10-08-2013, 06:23 PM   #3
Hall Of Fame

LingeringRegime's Arena

OVR: 47

All Assists Off (including Passing)
Manual Shooting
Top Player
Normal Speed
10 Minutes
Default Camera
Old 10-08-2013, 10:47 PM   #4
Rookie

nickaepi's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4EverBlowingBubbles
Difficulty: Top Player (It's just a bit harder than Professional and it actually makes me work harder for the win)
Game Speed: -1 (It feels closer to the demo's default speed, which I personally loved)

Pass Support: 0 bars (I like the simulation aspect of the game. This is a must for me. Assited passing just kills that simulation feel)
Through Ball type: Basic (I would love to have a full manual option for this setting)
Shot Type: Basic (I personally find Manual setting the best. I love it. Unfortunately, it seems to be broken in many ways. Can't score any headers or first time shots. That means cornes and crosses are rendered useless. Finesse shots are broken too. The november patch will include some fixes for manual controls apparently)

Official PES - Insagram
I switched to pass assist 0. You're right. Feels much better. Lovin this game.

3DS- Bravely Default
Old 10-09-2013, 02:25 PM   #5
Chillin

RoyceDa59's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:

Official PES - Insagram
Same as yours but I play 20min matches and have shooting on Advanced. I would also love to use manual shooting but like you said it just feels sort of broken which is a shame. A patch to this would be amazing.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-09-2013, 03:43 PM   #6
Rookie

Yes guys, it's shame manual shooting is not working as intended and there's no manual controls for through balls. I remember FIFA had them. Basic feels very restricted.

I also noticed most AI teams on TOP PLAYER become through ball spammers. Anyone else having this problem? I'm playing League Mode (EPL). AI players always seem to perfectly move into space leaving my defenders behind and they make constant foward runs down the wings.

Any tips on defending against this kind of AI behavior?

By the way, how do you make your own players go on runs down the wings? Could you guys share with us some of your tactics?

Old 10-09-2013, 06:22 PM   #7
KG
Welcome Back

KG's Arena

OVR: 35

Quote:
Yes guys, it's shame manual shooting is not working as intended and there's no manual controls for through balls. I remember FIFA had them. Basic feels very restricted.

I also noticed most AI teams on TOP PLAYER become through ball spammers. Anyone else having this problem? I'm playing League Mode (EPL). AI players always seem to perfectly move into space leaving my defenders behind and they make constant foward runs down the wings.

Any tips on defending against this kind of AI behavior?

By the way, how do you make your own players go on runs down the wings? Could you guys share with us some of your tactics?
I set my defense line to play deep, shift to attack low, and play 2 CDM's.

You could also make your defense very compact and force the CPU to play balls to the flanks.

Also, A LOT of the spamming is down to human error. What I noticed when playing was that I would chase the ball pulling defenders out of position and creating space which the CPU on TP will exploit. I've the last 3 matches in my Chelsea League mode as the ST since they don't score IRL anyways. My tactics worked a lot better when I wasn't able to screw them up. We actually held a clean-sheet in a 25 min match vs Swansea with Schwartzer. I could sit back and watch my players play fundamentally sound D.

I know that's not the ideal solution but give the tactics a try. I also try to contest every pass with the standing tackle button. Instead of going for the tackle I try to break up the pass. Watch out for cards though as you'll probably clip a few folks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
Old 10-11-2013, 01:22 AM   #8
Rookie

Am i imagining things or did konami fix manual shooting in one of their recent updates? I just had a quick match and my strikers were jumping and actually trying to win headers inside the box. I will now test first time and controlled shots.

Last edited by 4EverBlowingBubbles; 10-11-2013 at 02:38 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer »