Home

PES 2017 Player Style, Preferred Position,Player Ability and Tactical Advice

This is a discussion on PES 2017 Player Style, Preferred Position,Player Ability and Tactical Advice within the eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-09-2017, 09:20 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
PES 2017 Player Style, Preferred Position,Player Ability and Tactical Advice

After a week of test i think this about PES 2017 and tactics. Thnks to Royce, Papinho81,Tinker and dmendenhall_9 for their advices
If anyone have some experience to share about movement, placement, behavior and particular style of players, please post here.

The key of all the formation are the interpreters like the real football, in my advices there are change of position ,player style and ability to match the real style of certain player and their movement on the field.
Starting from a default tactic without make any change probably the team adopt the WM tact or the Pyramid , ok, is a tactic like another, but is really old and not have good point in this era of football. Try to see the placement of the player on the field while changing from offensive to defensive and you can see the gap from attack to defence, no-one cover the midfield this open space for counter attack and place 5 players in the box or just before, this usually create a great confusion. Some players not seems to understand where should stay, those behaviors are forced by preferred positions and Player Style, so i acted on those things.

Premiership & Championship

Serie A & Serie B

La Liga & Liga 123

Bundesliga

Ligue 1 & Ligue 2

Eredivisie

Liga NOS

Quote:
This is my personal idea of tactics applied to PES 2017

To explain how the game consider the different role sometimes I compared them to some old style football role
the secondary position has ever A grade
I removed Trickster,,Mazing Run,Speeding Bullet from all the player and Hole player for the most of them. I have yet to figure out what they do except run the players without a sense, or dribble in front of the opposite without success loosing opportunity for key pass. (If someone find something of useful in those player style please tell me what )

GK
I'd removed the defensive goalkeeper style from the game (thnks royce), because The CPU will almost never come off their line even when it absolutely calls for it (cit Royce).And basically make the keeper less reactive (check Buffon, with or without)

CB
I've to do more test, but removing the Extra Frontman Style from almost all CB in the game,could be a fix for the no-sense last bar of the offensive prowess, used by someteam in knock-out match like european qualifications,cup final or any important match or derby.
Set Build Up for CB with playmaking duties (Bonucci,Boateng,Sammer) adding weighted pass ability if needed

FB
Set him to FB in all trhee fluid formation, just add him defensive fullbacks( or build up
(adding also the DM role secondary position (B)) if you want a more smart player that sometimes push up.

WB (FB/CL)
This is the real problem BTW i think this tricks could fix the strange setting added for standard WB. Make all of them Offensive Fullbacks
,in the Out of possession set them CL in the last position before they become FB and as close as possible to the side line; in the IN possession and Kick off set them FB in the last position before they become CL and as close as possible to the side line.

DM
I recommend to remove also the anchor-man style from the most of DM that have it, that make the DM an half-back (in italian language centromediano metodista), a role of Old football formation not used anymore in modern football. So just few player needs this style (Javi Martinez, Mascherano) other classic DM fit better with Build Up (Busquets),Box-to-Box (Kantè,Khedira) or Destroyer(Sturaro, Khedira).

CM
Hole player is a weird style, It put the midfielder constantly inside the penalty area when in possession, this make the teams less compact and open space for the opposite counter-attack (i could compare it with a inside forward in the old style formations).So atm i removed it from all the CC. Anyway a midfielder without any style is too much offensive in the same way, so my advice is put for all the base midfielder (CC) the destroyer style(Rakitic,Marchisio,Ramsey) that make them a little bit disciplined. If the player is more creative make it Old Style N.10 (Fabregas,Iniesta,Pjanic) or Build up adding him the DM role in alternative positions if you need some kind of deep-lying playmaker Pirlo,Xabi Alonso (setting DM in KO and OP and CC lower possible in IP)

CL
Really few player that fit this position
The CL is not intended how a less offensive winger, is another role that put the player on the side with playmaking and covering duties (like Beckham). My advice is N.10 Old style or Creative Playmaker, with the same positions in all three fluid formation or if you don't like it try set AM on IN possession to put him a little more advanced.
If you need a player that run up and down on the side line (some kind of tornante like Florenzi,Angelo Di Livio)set him CL in all position with box-to-box role and trackback, remove

RWF,LWF
ATM Winger doing the right things but there are a tons of style in the real football so, go ahead to edit them., I'm testing dummy runner in alternative to prolific winger and for Walcott fits well, he sometimes is centering a bit and I wanted this. For William i have added to him the CM alternative position also adding Box-to-Box Role (but removing Trackback). So now he is cover a little more and develop some defensive duties.
If you need a more creative and unpredictable player(Reus,Ribery,Robben,Douglas Costa,Bale)who stay wide, set his preferred position to WF with alternative role SS,add Prolific Winger and put him as WF in kickoff and in IN possession and as SS in out of possession
If you need he stay a little more in the center make him SS secondary WF Creative Playmaker(Messi,Hazard)In IN Possession 'and kickoff with their preferred position and in OUT of Possesion with their secondary position.
or WF secondary CF Prolific Winger(Ronaldo,Martial,Griezmann 2014) In OUT Possession 'and kikcoff with their preferred position and in IN of Possesion with their secondary position.
To reproduce the Raumdeuter role (muller,sterling, volland) set him CL Hole Player secondary WF + trackback with this setting
KO IP OP
WF CL WF

AM
Need more time to test, anyway my preferred settings atm are CAM Classic n.10 or CAM Box-to-Box or CAM Creative playmaker(not tested yet)
with Class. N.10 AM in KO and OP and SS in IP (Ozil)or
Creat. PM AM in KO and OP SS in IP (Rooney+Trackback) or
Class. N.10 AM in KO and IP and CC in OP (Ganso,Riquelme, could be right also for David Silva)+ Inserimento

SS
For people like Dybala, SS creative PM in all KO OP IP
For False-9 (Firmino rulez) same settings with trackback and lower the position in all three scheme.
For people like T.Henry i think CF Dummy Runner secondary SS , SS in KO and OP, CF in IP.
For Fantasista like Maradona, Baggio SS Old N.10 secondary AM, SS in KO e IP, AM in OP (give him all the passing ability)or Maradona SS Creative Playmaker secondary AM, SS in KO e IP, AM in OP (give him the most part of the passing ability).

CF
Leave him CF in all three fluid scheme
Give him trackback only for box-to-box CF like Mandzukic (for Diego Costa for example is too much)
Anyway here all the settings are fine, be creative

Other impressions
Mark Man and Fighting spirit make the player more aggressive and he of course make more fouls, try to with and without.aniway something Fighting Spirit put the player a little more out of position (WB FB\CL)
Track-back is a way to make less offensive a player.

Other advice is to improve the compactness.
Here you can see the movement of Barça fullbacks (WB) I forgot to set a Style of Playing to Sergi Roberto (Build up i putted) so he is a little bit centered and not cover well, instead Jordi Alba doing the rights movement.

At post #3 another video to understand the difference with and without hole player see pogba at 3.50 so at 26,30 and finally at 46,00.
Some edit are different from mine but this video highlights well the global change of the assets of the team (MAN UTD) thnks to dmendenhall_9.

Quote:
cit. from dmendenhall_9
Your analysis of Player Styles will be really helpful for me as I edit more players.
For the above game it was crazy to see the difference in playing with the exact same teams. It was more difficult to pass through the midfield and their build up was much better. Overall it was just way more fun, ha.

Last edited by kilay; 03-16-2017 at 06:27 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-09-2017, 09:36 AM   #2
Rookie

redblacks75's Arena

Re: PES 2017 Player Style, Preferred Position,Player Ability and Tactical Advice

Very detailed, and thanks for sharing this.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 01-09-2017, 10:13 AM   #3
Rookie

dmendenhall_9's Arena

Re: PES 2017 Player Style, Preferred Position,Player Ability and Tactical Advice

Here is a video where I edit PLAYER SKILLS, PLAYING STYLE AND COM PLAYING STYLE. It makes a huge difference in the difficulty of the AI for a bunch of different reasons (that I cover in the video).

I usually just use whoscored as a guide for giving players certain skills and styles (and my own knowledge. Kilay's post on PLAYING STYLES is really helpful and I would definitely switch a few things for the team after reading that (mainly that if you choose no PLAYING STYLE for your midfield they are way too aggressive).

The first part of the video is me playing without any edits, second part is the editing of the team (it is long so you can fast forward through it to get an idea of what edits I am making and why. Maybe at 1.5X so you can still understand me), third part is me playing against the AI with the player edits.

I only edited the team I was playing against in this video but the next video I will edit my team as well to see if it changes how it plays at all.

Let me know what you think! I think it plays way better after the edits.

Old 01-09-2017, 02:20 PM   #4
Rookie

Thnks, for feedback, i need some time to watch you video, could you suggest me the precise second to see the start of the two match?
Tomorrow i think to put a video about the first 20' of bayern munich- barcelona (both formation role and scheme changed, and different from my previous video), because the last that i've done take from me 5,7 GB of space for 45' , too much to upload..

For Pc users Devil Cold52 are working on a editor that make global changes see here and i think the next release is really close, so we can finally set properly the players db. For XBox360 there is platter a converter xbox360|PC for OF and the maker assure future support for PS3. About PS4 the code are yet locked atm..
Add i missed a link for Old story formation

Last edited by kilay; 01-09-2017 at 02:24 PM.
Old 01-09-2017, 03:24 PM   #5
Rookie

after a quick look, I can see in your video the difference beetwen pogba 1 style and Pogba 2 style, is well evidenced at 3,50 1 style and at 26,30 to 28,00 for second style. What's you choice for Pogba at 26,30-28,00 style?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-09-2017, 03:57 PM   #6
Rookie

dmendenhall_9's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by kilay
Thnks, for feedback, i need some time to watch you video, could you suggest me the precise second to see the start of the two match?
Tomorrow i think to put a video about the first 20' of bayern munich- barcelona (both formation role and scheme changed, and different from my previous video), because the last that i've done take from me 5,7 GB of space for 45' , too much to upload..

For Pc users Devil Cold52 are working on a editor that make global changes see here and i think the next release is really close, so we can finally set properly the players db. For XBox360 there is platter a converter xbox360|PC for OF and the maker assure future support for PS3. About PS4 the code are yet locked atm..
Add i missed a link for Old story formation
2nd match starts at 25:00.

The edits for Pogba start at 14:23
Old 01-09-2017, 04:11 PM   #7
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmendenhall_9
2nd match starts at 25:00.

The edits for Pogba start at 14:23
Ok thnks, so you put him CC (no style)with trackback and it looks fine i thinks.
Now i want try to set him Box to Box .
Can i use your video to highlights some aspect of my ideas?
I need time to analyze it before, but i think could be a good example

Last edited by kilay; 01-09-2017 at 05:35 PM.
Old 01-09-2017, 04:44 PM   #8
Rookie

dmendenhall_9's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by kilay
Ok thnks, so you put him CC (no style)with trackback and it looks fine i thinks.
Now i want try to set him Box to Box .
Can i use your video to evidence some aspect of my ideas?
I need time to analyze it before, but i think could be a good example
Yes, you can definitely use it. I am planning on doing more and more teams and will upload those videos as well. I think Box to Box would work well for him now that I think about it. Your analysis of Player Styles will be really helpful for me as I edit more players.

For the above game it was crazy to see the difference in playing with the exact same teams. It was more difficult to pass through the midfield and their build up was much better. Overall it was just way more fun, ha.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer »