Home

Riding PES rainbow (exploring and describing the ATTACK/DEFENSE levels).

This is a discussion on Riding PES rainbow (exploring and describing the ATTACK/DEFENSE levels). within the eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-22-2017, 09:06 PM   #49
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Riding PES rainbow (exploring and describing the ATTACK/DEFENSE levels).

Hey Pap, have you a list with your idea of right ATT/DEF behaviors for some teams?

Last edited by kilay; 05-23-2017 at 06:35 AM.
Old 05-23-2017, 06:42 AM   #50
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by kilay
Hey Pap, have you a sort of list with your idea of right ATT/DEF behaviors for some teams?
Hi kilay!

Yes, I have spreadsheets with tactic information for the bigger leagues in Europe that also contain the ATT/DEF for every team in the league.

Every setting as been computed based on real stats using whoscore website and updated last month. The "Row_table" show the kind of source I used (I simply pasted the tables from whoscore), "League_summ" is for the stat extraction and the setting computation where you can find the formula (continuous settings such as line height) and the cut off (discrete settings such as pressure) I used. Finally the other sheets store the info for each league once computed.

As for the ATT I used the % of time a team spend in the opposition last third corrected by the average tendency of the team in the league to spend time in their own last third.

For the DEF I used the same stat I used for the pressuring setting, the number of tackles attempted by a team corrected for a 50% ball possession to account for the fact that defensive event only happens when the team do not have the ball. I used a cut off of 27 to make team aggressive or conservative, bellow 25 team are BLUE, bellow 29 GREEN and above 29 ORANGE.

Despite some teams have ATT set to ORANGE, I do not recommend using the ORANGE in attack at all as it make the cpu attack more frantic. So when you see ORANGE in attack just set it in GREEN.

You can download the tables here:

Last edited by papinho81; 05-25-2017 at 03:08 AM.
Old 05-23-2017, 08:48 AM   #51
Rookie

Great pap thnks you so much..
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-23-2017, 09:43 AM   #52
Banned

ZeroTheHero's Arena

Orange attack levels means almost no passes going backwards.
Old 05-24-2017, 09:18 AM   #53
Banned

ZeroTheHero's Arena

Have you figured out what the different values on line 90 actually does?

In BAL mode I've noticed that using USA or Colombia as base (G/O), means your team goes ultra defensive in second half if you're at a draw or leading. Colombia base sets deep defensive line Advanced Option on, even if the team strategy is high line, which re-creates the Barcelona issue. Does the manager matter in these decisions as well?
Old 05-25-2017, 06:43 AM   #54
Banned

ZeroTheHero's Arena

I used Hex Workshop and reworked all the A/D levels for all PL formations based on the import/exports you shared, Kilay. Using the spreadsheets Papino shared, I just went with Green attack instead of Orange. I notice several prominent changes in the game, most of them good. The only negative issue I've noticed is that catch-up is more prominent due to the naturally slower paced matches.

BAL mode is somewhat better as you won't get knocked around the pitch with a fresh youngster unless you're seeking those areas where these things happen in real life too (centrally in the "Maradona" area). Both teams seems focused on keeping a good defensive shape and having decent cover, which makes it rather hard to break down and score. I assume the added realism will stick as your player progress because it's the defensive team shapes rather than difference in skill that makes it difficult.

In ML the changes are much more noticeable. The matches seems more like tactical chess games than before, but the total ineptness of your players still occur from time to time, where they seem to lose half their technique, passing accuracy and response. The only way to counter that part is to keep the ball moving from player to player, and that's much easier due to the much smarter positioning provided by these formations. I've actually managed to score several goals during these periods.

All these tests were conducted using unmodded Top Player difficulty. The AI cheating is much less noticeable if you modify "Professional" or even "Regular" to match the Superstar difficulty in most areas. At "Regular" opponent teams seems less interested in going all in for a goal when trailing, though, so I'm using modded Professional for the most part.

Even though we still have a way to go, the improvement is noteworthy. Well done guys!

Last edited by ZeroTheHero; 05-25-2017 at 06:49 AM.
Old 05-26-2017, 09:56 PM   #55
Rookie

toyo301985's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by papinho81
Hi kilay!

Yes, I have spreadsheets with tactic information for the bigger leagues in Europe that also contain the ATT/DEF for every team in the league.

Every setting as been computed based on real stats using whoscore website and updated last month. The "Row_table" show the kind of source I used (I simply pasted the tables from whoscore), "League_summ" is for the stat extraction and the setting computation where you can find the formula (continuous settings such as line height) and the cut off (discrete settings such as pressure) I used. Finally the other sheets store the info for each league once computed.

As for the ATT I used the % of time a team spend in the opposition last third corrected by the average tendency of the team in the league to spend time in their own last third.

For the DEF I used the same stat I used for the pressuring setting, the number of tackles attempted by a team corrected for a 50% ball possession to account for the fact that defensive event only happens when the team do not have the ball. I used a cut off of 27 to make team aggressive or conservative, bellow 25 team are BLUE, bellow 29 GREEN and above 29 ORANGE.

Despite some teams have ATT set to ORANGE, I do not recommend using the ORANGE in attack at all as it make the cpu attack more frantic. So when you see ORANGE in attack just set it in GREEN.

You can download the tables here:

Thanks for this Pap. My question is, how can I implement this on an option file?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-27-2017, 03:03 PM   #56
Rookie

Here a little table about championship , according with your main line... maybe some little tweaks are required but should work fine whatever

Last edited by kilay; 05-27-2017 at 03:06 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer »