Home

PES 2018 Online Beta Available Now - Post Your Impressions Here

This is a discussion on PES 2018 Online Beta Available Now - Post Your Impressions Here within the eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-20-2017, 08:39 PM   #89
MVP

ezio's Arena

OVR: 19
Re: PES 2018 Online Beta Available Now - Post Your Impressions Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevostl
anyone else here miss this beta like me? I couldn't get enough of it

for me the PES 2018 online beta was the best and most addicting online beta that I ever play for any video game.

and nothing has made me miss it more than playing the FIFA 18 beta. I have been a FIFA online regular the last few years with my club usually in Div 3 and 4 with my pro club and also being in Div 3 in seasons for 1 v 1..

after playing the latest FIFA 18 beta... I miss PES 2018 even more and going to buy this game this year.. This gameplay in FIFA doesn't even come close to it.. not even half as good. I don't know what it is but something changed with me again after playing PES beta and getting hooked on it... when I play FIFA 18 beta I think it's really bad and boring. I'm excited for September 12th and can't wait...

PES online beta beats FIFA 18 online pro clubs for me... and FIFA online pro clubs was one of the biggest reasons why I played FIFA the last 3 years or so.. that and Online in general... mainly because FIFA is way better online. not anymore.. I enjoyed my PES online beta more now.. and it's more realistic and addicting gameplay 1 v 1. I can control the pace of the game in PES and I can easily beat someone who presses the entire game by using simple tactics and footballing IQ.. in FIFA.. you can't do that as easy at all. simple as that.. I don't know how else to explain it. PES rewards smarter realistic play when it comes 1 v 1 while FIFA rewards those who can out button mash the other opponent more.

Here are some videos I captured from the beta I posted on another forum. like I said best beta I ever played.

Agree 100%
Old 08-20-2017, 08:41 PM   #90
MVP

ezio's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmel07
There is something to be said about needing to close down the end to end play - but in both franchises.

I liked the tweaks suggested here last year for the PES gameplay to keep the defenders from bolting backwards. Though editing every teams formation is too big of a pain for me (I don't do it).

I didn't play a ton of FIFA last year, but I've never NOT described FIFA as end to end. Did you have a difference perspective?
I agree although I do think there is more build up play in Pes than there is in Fifa.
Old 08-20-2017, 09:55 PM   #91
Rookie

jmel07's Arena

OVR: 0

Isn't this basically where the lapse is in defensive gameplay?

I'm about the least qualified person to talk about football tactics, but I feel like when I'm watching real matches, and watching PES unfold, this is the major difference. The midfield play is really loose by default. The DMFs engage but the CBs seem to leave all sorts of room for the attackers.

Feel free to tell me I'm wrong, because again, I'm just learning to break this stuff down.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-21-2017, 10:38 AM   #92
KG
Welcome Back

KG's Arena

OVR: 35

Def a fair assessment, luckily you can adjust the defensive line height in your tactics or even on the fly.

The thing I like about PES is that tactics matter and people actually use them vs other users as opposed to FIFA where you make your player subs and go right into the game. I can't remember the last time I stopped a game mid-match in FIFA and adjusted my tactics.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 08-21-2017, 10:46 AM   #93
Rookie

jmel07's Arena

Is it also fair to say that while I can adjust my tactics, this AI is still going to leave all this space, because their defensive lines are set there by default?

Quote:
Originally Posted by KG
Def a fair assessment, luckily you can adjust the defensive line height in your tactics or even on the fly.

The thing I like about PES is that tactics matter and people actually use them vs other users as opposed to FIFA where you make your player subs and go right into the game. I can't remember the last time I stopped a game mid-match in FIFA and adjusted my tactics.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 08-21-2017, 02:23 PM   #94
MVP

stlducks's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmel07
Is it also fair to say that while I can adjust my tactics, this AI is still going to leave all this space, because their defensive lines are set there by default?

While that is fair to say, the good thing about PES is that you can adjust the tactics for all teams before starting the match and they will take those tactics into the match.
Also, if you have 2 controllers, you can use one to adjust subs/tactics for the opposing team right before kickoff.
Old 08-23-2017, 06:40 AM   #95
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by stlducks
While that is fair to say, the good thing about PES is that you can adjust the tactics for all teams before starting the match and they will take those tactics into the match.
Also, if you have 2 controllers, you can use one to adjust subs/tactics for the opposing team right before kickoff.
yes, but to play an ML you should have fixed all the tactics of your whole OF to have something of playable and more close to reality, the gap between defense and midfield are due the bad placement over the field of the midfielders .. that goes towards the vanishing of midfield's battles, raising def line is not enough to fix them , IMO in 2017 they totally wrong the defender zone limit, they should have the chance to be more high on the field without change their role to some midfield one . and the defense line only goes up when the balls reach the in the attacking third before you have too many space and an absurd gap.
Watching some of the last video of gamescom where someone play versus borussia controlled by cpu the whole match seems played on a ping pong table. midfield should shield the defense (at least one player) not press high and lose the track of the opponents players.
Seeing video of 2018, it about tactis doesn't seem to have any new relevant change (i only hope that wingback and defend features could make difference).
anyway is too early to judge the game , but i don't think to be wrong
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-23-2017, 08:22 AM   #96
MVP

stlducks's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by kilay
yes, but to play an ML you should have fixed all the tactics of your whole OF to have something of playable and more close to reality, the gap between defense and midfield are due the bad placement over the field of the midfielders .. that goes towards the vanishing of midfield's battles, raising def line is not enough to fix them , IMO in 2017 they totally wrong the defender zone limit, they should have the chance to be more high on the field without change their role to some midfield one . and the defense line only goes up when the balls reach the in the attacking third before you have too many space and an absurd gap.
Watching some of the last video of gamescom where someone play versus borussia controlled by cpu the whole match seems played on a ping pong table. midfield should shield the defense (at least one player) not press high and lose the track of the opponents players.
Seeing video of 2018, it about tactis doesn't seem to have any new relevant change (i only hope that wingback and defend features could make difference).
anyway is too early to judge the game , but i don't think to be wrong
From what I've heard about gamescom is that the tactics were locked so they could not be adjusted. I'm going with being able to adjust them, the ping pong style will be corrected.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer »