Home

PES 2018 Online Beta Available Now - Post Your Impressions Here

This is a discussion on PES 2018 Online Beta Available Now - Post Your Impressions Here within the eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-22-2017, 04:50 PM   #49
Pro

Josam27o7's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: PES 2018 Online Beta Available Now - Post Your Impressions Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by KG
I'm talking about his thoughts on the beta, not him breaking down the various videos from E3.

I digress though and i'll let Matt speak for himself.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The critiques of the E3 videos were not acknowledged by Bhatti. He thought everything was fine in its current state. That's an admission that those problems will not be addressed.
Old 07-22-2017, 07:51 PM   #50
Rookie

KennyJ1976's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by ch46647
First time playing PES. To be fair, I've never been a fan of soccer games. I used to play the EA World Cup games back in 94'- 98' and enjoyed them.

I played a few matches last night and I must say the gameplay and animatioms are wonderful. The control scheme seems a bit complex for a beginner., but I watched a few youtube videos which helped.

I'm interested in picking this game up on release but I have two concerns..

1. How is the franchise mode? Does it have longetivity...

2. How is the CPU AI? I've seen some posters mention the AI has been shoddy in previous PES games.. This would kill the fun factor for me becuasec I am primarily an off-line gamer.

Any insight would be appreciated. Cheers!
If you're a beginner, the A.I. will definitely be a challenge. Superstar level has been more like top player level for vets, but Konami have said there will be new higher difficulty level this year. There's a demo coming out next month so you'll be able to test it out. As for the franchise, I will admit, when compared to other games, it is pretty basic. Hopefully I can get more than 2 seasons out of it this year.
Old 07-22-2017, 08:19 PM   #51
Pro

Josam27o7's Arena

Been playing the beta on full-manual. And it's quite annoying how manual actually plays quite assisted. Yet another area PES still continues to lag behind on.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-22-2017, 08:32 PM   #52
Rookie

KennyJ1976's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josam27o7
Already bored with the beta on Pass Assist 1. It's essentially ping-pong. Doubtful this game will be good. The AI will almost certainly be a letdown as we have already seen in the videos. No way am I editing the tactics of each team. PES is still in the dark ages. PES needs a page 1 re-write of its player spacing. It's so arcadey. LMAO Looking forward to more authoritarian propaganda praising this game from @bryan_wenb to cover for their power-seeking circle jerk with Asim and Bhatti. Definitely the funniest "coverage" I've ever seen. Looking forward to FIFA 18.
I can honestly say I have yet to play a soccer game where you can't get way with ping pong passing. Pass assist 1 is a lot less assisted than last year. You can over/under hit a pass and crossing is not automatic. Plus Matt is on those same podcast sometimes with Bryan. If he comes out and praises the game, you're gonna call that "authoritarian propaganda" too?
Old 07-22-2017, 10:00 PM   #53

dubcity's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by KennyJ1976
Pass assist 1 is a lot less assisted than last year.
I'll take your word, but people said that last year. Ever since PES 14 they've had this issue.
Old 07-23-2017, 12:27 PM   #54
Pro

Josam27o7's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by KennyJ1976
I can honestly say I have yet to play a soccer game where you can't get way with ping pong passing. Pass assist 1 is a lot less assisted than last year. You can over/under hit a pass and crossing is not automatic. Plus Matt is on those same podcast sometimes with Bryan. If he comes out and praises the game, you're gonna call that "authoritarian propaganda" too?
1) I am a long-time manual player, so maybe my expectations are too high. I even feel that in the beta manual passing doesn't feel as free as it needs to be. I am not saying that pass assist 1 is not better than last year, but what I am saying is that it is nowhere near close to the freedom that it needs to be at. You can't see that?

2) It's not about praising the game. It's about how you act on the whole. @bryan_wenb is a notorious authoritarian propagandist that serves the needs of Asim and Bhatti. There is so much to be critical with PES and all he does is spew praise so he can be within an power circle. It is clear as day. What makes him authoritarian is that he will not accept anyone being critical of this situation. That is by definition authoritarian propagandist. You should be speaking truth to power and questioning them, NOT kissing up. @bryan_wenb is a tool. A laughing-stock.
Old 07-23-2017, 02:24 PM   #55
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubcity
I'll take your word, but people said that last year. Ever since PES 14 they've had this issue.
Pass assist on PA1 is wayyyy less assisted than last year and manual passing is quite a tricky beast compared with last year. For me, manual remains the way to go also because if you filter opponents with the same passing assist level than you, you get a more respectful population of players (in my experience) without having to wait much more time.

Interestingly I found that advanced shooting gave the most sensitive/difficult experience in front of the goal compared with basic or even manual.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-23-2017, 03:28 PM   #56
All Star

franch1se's Arena

OVR: 20

Never played PES before this demo but I'm really liking it so far. I'm terrible at it though. I'm trying to find PES 17 for cheap but no store around me has it in stock.

Not sure if i will make the jump this year from Fifa. Mainly because all my friends play Fifa and we always play online. I'm trying to get as many as I can to download the PES demo.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer »