Home

PES 2018 Online Beta Available Now - Post Your Impressions Here

This is a discussion on PES 2018 Online Beta Available Now - Post Your Impressions Here within the eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-25-2017, 06:45 AM   #65
MVP

jct32's Arena

OVR: 17
Re: PES 2018 Online Beta Available Now - Post Your Impressions Here

I'm loving the demo. I'm really impressed with how smooth the gameplay is online. Anyways here is a great free kick by Payet. I'm on my phone so I can't embed.

https://youtu.be/THZtlOvF0Qo
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-27-2017, 11:39 AM   #66
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josam27o7
Already bored with the beta on Pass Assist 1. It's essentially ping-pong. Doubtful this game will be good. The AI will almost certainly be a letdown as we have already seen in the videos. No way am I editing the tactics of each team. PES is still in the dark ages. PES needs a page 1 re-write of its player spacing. It's so arcadey. LMAO Looking forward to more authoritarian propaganda praising this game from @bryan_wenb to cover for their power-seeking circle jerk with Asim and Bhatti. Definitely the funniest "coverage" I've ever seen. Looking forward to FIFA 18.
It's so arcadey if you use assisted controls, absolutely not on full manual controls. I understand it's a lot of work to edit the teams to your play style liking but the good news that option files now include all of that. Some good fans in the community are doing a great job. I am not going to judge the game based on the beta, even though kind of enjoyed some of the games for the first time ever! but I am not an online player anyway, and I think the online beta was not the best way from the developer to create a first impression of the game
Old 07-27-2017, 06:24 PM   #67
Qb
All Star

Qb's Arena

OVR: 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by wkhalil
I think the online beta was not the best way from the developer to create a first impression of the game
While it will be the first impression of the game for some, that is not what it's intended for. They want to test their online environment, and presumably, with sufficient time to make changes if needed.

I can't find the quote now, but they said they'll be releasing a demo to really show the game off.
Old 07-27-2017, 07:12 PM   #68
MVP

OVR: 18

I only played 2 but this game is incredible.
Old 07-28-2017, 03:52 AM   #69
Rookie

PRO_TOO's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qb
While it will be the first impression of the game for some, that is not what it's intended for. They want to test their online environment, and presumably, with sufficient time to make changes if needed.

I can't find the quote now, but they said they'll be releasing a demo to really show the game off.
there you go: https://twitter.com/Adam_Bhatti/stat...59942619541504

the demo after gamescom will be release code, adam said. so judging PES2018's gameplay only makes sense with this build!
the beta is early code, only to test online performance.

Old 07-28-2017, 12:59 PM   #70
Rookie

PRO_TOO's Arena

3on3 beta gameplay in real life:
https://twitter.com/Eisuke261990/sta...58525532983296

Old 07-28-2017, 11:12 PM   #71
Pro

stevostl's Arena

I agree for the most part as far as just the gameplay on the pitch

I am slightly impressed actually with the servers somewhat.. considering I'm use to it not working at all or being crap.

it's not to FIFA's level yet.. FIFA's servers are superior without a doubt to any sports game.. but looks like PES has come a long way and now are good enough for me now to buy this game again I think... this beta was probably meant for people like me who hasn't bought PES the last few years because the online experience was so horrible. I usually play more online with friends than offline by myself. I have been sticking with FIFA mainly because of that.

but in this beta online.. even the 3 v 3 co op is playable.. and gives me hope.. I have had some good fun games playing with randoms and it wasn't even that laggy at all in 3 v 3. If this works and I can play with friends of mine online together.. this might be my go to game for that this year. I just have to convince my other fifa online buddies who i play club and leagues with of that

I can only imagine playing with a buddy of mine online together against others in co op like we use to do offline in the PS2 PES days...

as far as 1 v 1 online...
I think the beta gameplay on the pitch is better than the current FIFA 17 online gameplay which I play a ton of. I'm currently in DIV 3 in FIFA online and I think I'm pretty good at it but I see more depth and skill in this game already. I prefer the match flow and pace of the gameplay in this. .. one thing that makes fifa so great online is not only the servers but it's so easy to get into games and so many people are online playing it. I hope there will be enough in PES online in North America now. that's a worry for me and PES is average to below when it comes to getting into games compared to FIFA. With that said... last night I'm starting to get into matches even faster on the PES beta so it's like they are improving stuff like that as this demo goes along which is great to see. At first for example, 3 v 3 never even worked for and 1 v 1 took longer to get into matches

but comparing both games online1 v 1 gamelay PES 2018 online beta vs current FIFA 17 online Divisions... PES wins with being more real to life for me hands down...

there is a couple of things as far as gameplay I forgot to mention that need to be fixed...

the biggest thing right now is probably the chip shot abuse glitch...

the other is shooting needs to be toned down and adjusted more.

I think pass 1 is fine... but the basic shooting is not... and manual shooting is well almost to impossible to play with against others who are not using it. I tried it and it was i could never hit the target. lol

I will try advanced though as I seen some mention it is good... dribbling is very good in this game and body contact and the physical nature of the game is really good as well

You really need to defend and contain well in this and it's not that easy.. if you like step in and high press full blast against your opponents like you see on fifa online a lot... you will get beat easy on this... if that's all you got on defending. I really need to get up to speed on the tactics of PES though.. I don't know everything like i do in FIFA and for me I can tell PES rewards the more tatical smarter player more than FIFA does online..

lastly, what i think is more important about this PES online beta.. is the more you play it the more you will like it. At first I thought it was cool but now after playing it more I'm getting really excited about it liking it more and more. That reminds of PES games of old.. there is a certain learning curve or feel process to it and this game certainly has it. I just notice maybe the better I get at it... the more enjoyable the online experience becomes I guess.

Last edited by stevostl; 07-29-2017 at 03:26 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-29-2017, 06:03 PM   #72
Rookie

jmel07's Arena

My favorite things I noticed from the 1 game I played:
  1. The "stun guns" from last year are gone. Defenders can recover quickly after being stripped of the ball.
  2. The ball does seem to do "more" this year in terms of loose balls.

I actually didn't notice the speed at all, but it's probably been 4 months since I've played 2017. I always think games play too fast anyway, so that's probably why.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer »